I wish I knew this is how it worked

AshRNMommy

Earning My Ears
I've had the Disney credit card for a few months now and I had put the remaining balance of our upcoming August vacation on it. In the meantime I have been charging on the card to earn points and just paying off the balance each month. Well little did I know that the payments go toward the promotional balance first, which in essence had cut down the grace period I am supposed to have to pay for my vacation o_O

You have to make a minimum payment towards the promotional balance. I've never had my regular monthly payment counted against the promotional balance first as long as I pay the current charges plus maybe $25-$50 which goes towards the promo balance. If you haven't made any payments towards the promotional balance, I have heard they will start applying regular payments to it around month 4 or 5 -- the key is to pay slightly more than the regular balance due each month.

Were you making more than one payment per month? If so, only 1 is counted towards the regular balance and anything else (including returns/refunds) go against the promotional balance.

UOTE="lanejudy, post: 59343699, member: 404610"]You have to make a minimum payment towards the promotional balance. I've never had my regular monthly payment counted against the promotional balance first as long as I pay the current charges plus maybe $25-$50 which goes towards the promo balance. If you haven't made any payments towards the promotional balance, I have heard they will start applying regular payments to it around month 4 or 5 -- the key is to pay slightly more than the regular balance due each month.

Were you making more than one payment per month? If so, only 1 is counted towards the regular balance and anything else (including returns/refunds) go against the promotional balance.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was making multiple payments a month as I would spend on the card. That explains it. From now on, I will just pay off the balance each month instead of paying it off each time I charge something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!