I wonder if Disney would buy back my OKW points

drakethib

DIS Veteran
and trade them for SSR Points?

I think I have heard of someone doing this on these boards or am I just looney?

Disney doesn't "buy back" perse. You can offer your points for sale to a resaler, let them take their 12% cut from it and maybe have Disney buy it through the ROFR process. Disney does "buy back" some, but at a severely reduced rate (like $55/point was what I read from CarolMN).

It seems to me it is easiest to just keep what you have and book at SSR at the 7 month window instead.

From what I've read on these boards, Disney does buy back contracts BUT at a substantially reduced amount from what you could get in the resale market. Last I saw here, Disney was buying some contracts back at around $55.00per point.

Disney doesn't "buy back" perse. You can offer your points for sale to a resaler, let them take their 12% cut from it and maybe have Disney buy it through the ROFR process. Disney does "buy back" some, but at a severely reduced rate (like $55/point was what I read from CarolMN).

It seems to me it is easiest to just keep what you have and book at SSR at the 7 month window instead.

Oh I am quite happy with OKW, I was just thinking about the extra 12 years that I could get out of the deal. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter