Ice Water Stations

Sebby

Earning My Ears
I booked a cruise on Freedom of the Seas last night. While assured there are water stations throughout the ship, I can't seem to find a description or picture.
Anyone have one?
My mother is concerned about being able to have ice (and lots of it) throughout our cruise.

Also can you get ice water from the free style machines?

What did everyone do about washing their soda cups? Same cup for a week without washing just seems horribly unhygienic and gross. When I asked the guy at RC, he said it was a valid question and had to check with his boss. He came back and said to ask the bar tender to run it through the dishwasher.

I booked a cruise on Freedom of the Seas last night. While assured there are water stations throughout the ship, I can't seem to find a description or picture.
Anyone have one?
My mother is concerned about being able to have ice (and lots of it) throughout our cruise.

Also can you get ice water from the free style machines?

What did everyone do about washing their soda cups? Same cup for a week without washing just seems horribly unhygienic and gross. When I asked the guy at RC, he said it was a valid question and had to check with his boss. He came back and said to ask the bar tender to run it through the dishwasher.
On Freedom of the Seas, there are ice water dispensers In the Pizza Parlor, in the Promenade café, in the Windjammer, and at the Solarium bar. There are also dispensers in the spa and fitness centers. You can get ice water from the freestyle machines as well. Other than those locations, you can get ice water at any of the bars on the ship.

We just rinsed the soda cup in the bathroom sink every night and let it air dry overnight. If you give it to a bartender and ask him to run it through the dishwasher, he'll just rinse it in the sink behind the bar and hand it back to you. Having tended bar while in college and familiar with how often those sinks are cleaned (usually a daily shut-down task), I'm not sure you really want to do that.

Last edited:
Self service ice water in the Windjammer( Buffet) and Promenade . the Spa/Gym will also have some although they may be fancy with slices of cucumber infused.

ICE will be delivered to your stateroom upon request only. usually in the morning and at turndown.

I thought had read that the ice water dispenser option has been disabled on the freestyle machines but I cannot be 100% certain of that. you wash the cups with hot water from the tap and some of the goop in the shower dispenser your cabin. it will NOT get run through the dishwasher, but he may swish it in his back bar sink for you.

I thought had read that the ice water dispenser option has been disabled on the freestyle machines

I read about that happening at Universal Orlando but I don't remember reading about it on Freedom. Interesting.

I don't see anything gross about one person using a cup all week. You never touch it to a dispenser at all, with the way the Freestyle machines work. I wouldn't have a problem, if I drank soda, just rinsing it out.

There's water everywhere.

I have extra water because I despise the ship's water (on Disney and Royal, and likely any other line I choose) and like to drink spring water (not desalinated or distilled or municipal filtered), so I get the Evian package. Generally my son and I can demolish two 12 one-liter packages in a week. I probably take 14 of the bottles and he gets the other 10.

Normally I just rinse the cup out in my room. Sometimes I add a little soap. Same as a I do with refillable mugs at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter