Ideas for a cheap Canadian trip?

CJK

DIS Veteran
Sadly............there is no WDW trip in my future. I know, I shouldn't complain as we went 3 times last year (had annual passes). I'm turning the big 3-0 later this year and I'm less than excited about it. ;) Anyway, I'd like to do something special for it, but dh says that a big trip simply is not in our finances. We've got a VERY tight budget so basically two nights away in Ontario is all we can do (and even that is "iffy"). Other than Niagara and Toronto, can any of you suggest some ideas? Or even better - suggest ways that we can afford a trip to Disney??? :p Thanks for your help!

What about the Benmiller Inn near Goderich? We stopped there recently and it looked very romantic. There are also lots of resorts in the Muskoka's that offer weekend rates. I'd look at Fern Resort, Delawana or Deerhurst.

Happy planning.

I was sort of thinking of the same thing ... a little trip this summer. At first I wanted to go to Montreal, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend lots of money on a hotel... Someone at work suggested a tour of some of the Niagara wineries and staying in a bed and breakfast. I'm not sure how much that costs... I haven't looked much into it yet.

Thanks to both of you! I'll have to look into these. I've been to Delawana before visiting (not to stay). It's a beautiful resort!

DW and I will be going to Niagara on the Lake for 2 nights in July for our 15th anniversary. We are staying in what looks like a very nice B&B for $170 per night. Friends who stayed there last year said that there is a bus route that you can catch from downtown and it includes various wineries that you can go to for tours.
When we leave NOTL we are driving through to Montreal to pick up DS and the dog at my parents place and going to Stowe Vermont for a couple of nights. We found a nice looking B&B that accepts dogs. I will post on how the trip goes when we get back.

John

What about Ottawa? It has been a while since I have been there but it was beautiful with a ton of nice restaurants and great boutiques. We went for long walks and it was great.

Hi.. what about Elora & St Jacobs... there are nice Inns, shopping and restaurants... pretty towns especially this time of year with all the gardens.

Good LUck

>>^..^<<

Thanks to everyone!!! I'm having fun exploring all your ideas!

Check this out: http://www.resorts-ontario.com/tips.cfm?get_id=81

Resorts Ontario is having a special. Several resorts are offering a deal of 'book two nights and get a third night for a loonie!'

I booked our favourite Niagara Falls Resort for July ~ 3 nights for $93 per night (all s/c and tax included!). Usually that is a $160 room minimum! We plan to visit Marineland, hike down the gorge and just sit around being lazy. S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter