Ideas for adult b'day celebration not focused on alcohol

Jess_S

DIS Veteran
We are celebrating my husband's 40th at WDW next month with some friends. We had originally planned a monorail pub crawl, but DH now says he wants to do something less focused on alcohol. I'd love suggestions for fun things to do for an adult birthday other than a pub crawl. Bonus points if it is something we can do without booking 180 day out since we're now less than 30 days to the planned celebration.

Thank you!

I have no idea if this is feasible to book within your timeframe and I've never done it so cant testify as to whether it's any good, but what about the Happily Ever After dessert party?

It depends on what you are into:
sports: golf, mini-golf, fishing, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DTD, area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DTD 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, horse drawn tour of FWC, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour
eating: Formal GF 5* Chef's Table @ V&As

Eating Around the World. Instead of getting a drink at each World Showcase country you get food from QS.

Thank you for all of the ideas. I am really struggling to plan now that our original plans have been nixed.

Hoop dee doo! They make a big deal out of events, birthdays, anniversaries etc. It's a fun show and good food! I've done it 7 years in a row and it's not to be missed. A Disney staple in my opinion :)

Hoop Dee Doo, Wild Africa Trek, a dessert party (either HEA or Star Wars) - all great if you can still get a reservation.

A Character Meal.

Splitsville at DS.

Rent a boat on Bay Lake.

Get off property and go to Medieval Times.

What about a behind the scenes tour? A Dessert party? Or go to on of the mini-golf locations?

I did a behind the Scenes tour for my 30th its actually quite fun. Keys to the Kingdom is a good tour but so is the Animal Kingdom ones

Eating Around the World. Instead of getting a drink at each World Showcase country you get food from QS.

This. Back in the day we would drink our way around the world. I just can't do that anymore, I've got the T-shirt, coffee mug AND keychain for that experience. Last time we were at WS we took our time and tried different snacks, treats and beverages at most of the pavilions. It was very relaxing and enjoyable.

Another vote for a behind the scenes tour. You should be able to book a tour sometime during your visit if you have a little flexibility.

you can try for a firework cruise.

where are you staying?

how does he feel about Fort Wilderness Campground - they have a lot to do - biking, boating, horseback riding, sailing, fishing, archery, and other stuff that I have forgotten.

you can also do the mini-golf courses. those can be fun.

sometimes just walk around the resort can be fun.

Ok, well, here are a few ideas.
1) There are "passports" you can buy in Epcot, they are more for kids, but it's something to do while you're walking world showcase. If you are going with friends or other family you could make it a mini scavenger hunt, see who gets all the stickers from all the countries first.
2) You could try to see the conerts at Disney Springs, or really just spend a day or two at Disney Springs, I mean talk about a food crawl, Disney Springs is one of the best places in the world to go on a food crawl!
3) As other people have said, a BTS tour is always a very cool idea.

Don't worry Jess, we are here to help, ask question, and learn stuff ourselves. No matter what you choose, please let us know how it goes! BTW- Happy Birthday to your hubby!!

For my DH, I got an ADR for Beirgarten since he was born in Germany. I think he's really going to have fun in the atmosphere.
So maybe a birthday dinner in a restaurant of his nationality?

Behind the Scenes tours are really cool and something a bit different. I also second (or third now) the idea of renting a boat on Bay Lake. If no one in your party would make a good skipper, the Fireworks cruises are another awesome way to celebrate a birthday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!