Ideas for how I'm going to propose... advice needed

hushhush89

Earning My Ears
I was hoping you would be able to help me with something... I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend on our holiday next year and was hoping you could provide suggestions, advise on my ideas? I've got a few ideas in mind for where I'd like to do this, so then I've got a back up plan in case of unforeseen circumstances (weather etc.). These are:

Carriage ride at Port Orleans Riverside at sunset (this is the resort we're staying at)
Somewhere quiet in Animal Kingdom (Oasis, by the tree of life maybe?)

Do you know of any other ideas?

She loves giraffes, so would in a perfect world, it would be somewhere quiet and intimate (she is quite shy, so doesn't want attention drawn to her - already told me that a Main Street proposal would be horrible for her) where she could see giraffes up close. Do you know of anywhere where we could do this?

Many thanks for your help in advance!

How about one of the viewing areas at Animal Kingdom Lodge? You don’t have to be a guest of that resort to use them, and they have had very few people out on them whenever I’ve been there. You could choose one overlooking the giraffes on the savanna & have a nice dinner at Jiko afterwards.

Congrats to you both! & on behalf of your girlfriend... thank you for respecting her wishes for privacy... I would have HATED a public proposal, too! :laughing:

Well, you have lots of options in WDW:

- You could make it in the privacy of your room, hiring an In-Room celebration, they have various romantic ones and one that you can customize. You choose a 2-hour range where they go in and prepare everything, so when you arrive she'll be surprised, and then bam!, you propose right when she turns.

- You could have a private tour, or even a fireworks cruise; and propose during the fireworks on the boat. You would only have the captain there so it's not like a lot of people.

- The AKLodge idea given be @MKTokyo is not a bad idea at all, pairing it with a nice dinner at Jiko if it's at sunset is an excellent idea!!

- You could switch also to an early dinner at Sanaa , and afterwards go stroll around AKLodge and do it on one of the viewing areas. You'll have people, but not like in the park.

I doubt you'll find a quite place in Animal Kingdom, that park is usually quite busy ever since Pandora opened.

I really like MKTokyo’s idea of going to AKL for the proposal. As suggested, you could have dinner at Jiko and then go to the animal viewing area that can be accessed at the back of the lobby. Maybe time it so you can propose around sunset? That area is typically not as busy as the areas in AK.

You might look into a company called “gifts of a lifetime”. They advertise on all ears. I used them for a special goodby to childhood event for my 18 year old on her last “family” vacation before college. I’m sure they can help with all kinds of ways to make the event special.

We actually saw one at WS last week. We grabbed a F&W sampling near Japan and went up the hill to the left where there's a CS restaurant, don't know the name, we discovered last year that this is a great place to find a table. As we were about to leave we saw a PhotoPass person on the path and asked her to take some pics and she quietly told us she'd get us soon but she was going to capture a proposal. We hung around as the guy positioned he and his fiancee to be so as to get the pagoda in the background, the PP gal snapped a few then he dropped and did the deed. She was stunned, tearfully accepted and they got the whole thing on camera.

Bill From PA

Last edited:

We're not adventurous eaters, so the Wild Africa Trek, Sanna or Jiko wouldn't be suitable unfortunately!

A bit cheeky, but if we went to AKL to look around and I had a quiet chat with a cast member, would they be able to sort something out to see giraffes up close?

You're not going to get to see the giraffes up super close, trust me, I would have done so if it was possible already LOL!

My now fiance proposed on an overlook near the giraffes/zebras. It was amazing and great for me because like your gf I do not like a lot of people around for things like this (and I LOVE GIRAFFES and the AKL).

Good luck!

Hey HushHush,
I proposed to my partner on the beach swings at the polynesian resort whilst the fireworks were on, lovely setting and really quiet. We were the only ones on the beach at the time.
DSCF3744.JPG

How about one of the viewing areas at Animal Kingdom Lodge? You don’t have to be a guest of that resort to use them, and they have had very few people out on them whenever I’ve been there. You could choose one overlooking the giraffes on the savanna & have a nice dinner at Jiko afterwards.

I was thinking here too - there is a few really nice somewhat secluded spots:
  • Off the Lobby, near the giant windows there is the Terrace ( this is one of the locations at night that you can do the night vision viewing ).
  • Another location is walking through the lobby and go to the right ( like you were going to the guest rooms ) - there is another Terrace there that has some really nice rocking chairs - it's pretty quiet and serene there. ( they use this area some days for painting so I'd check into that to make sure the area is available the day you want to be there )
  • Walk through the lobby and down the stairs - there are some viewing areas there, that during the day always seemed to be pretty quiet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!