Ideas for Mickey bank money for wdw

old feller

DIS Veteran
We have been saving money all year in a Mickey bank.We want to take the money to wdw for our vacation.Not sure if we will spend it all there.Question is ..should we just get a visa card or something ? Just wondering if anyone has a better way
Thanks

If you don't thing you'll spend it all get a Visa card or deposit it into the bank and charge your purchases while you are there. If you do think you'll spend it, get Disney GC.

We have been saving money all year in a Mickey bank.We want to take the money to wdw for our vacation.Not sure if we will spend it all there.Question is ..should we just get a visa card or something ? Just wondering if anyone has a better way
Thanks
Take part with you as cash. Deposit the rest into a checking account that has a debit card. Use the debit card to pay for things. Those Visa and MC gift cards have fees that you pay upfront when you purchase them. There's no need to pay that fee when a debit card works just as well (and sometimes better).

Agree with PP, stay away from pre-paid cards, they can be such a pain. Debit card is a great way to go, if you don't want to go that route you could also use the cash to buy Disney gift cards at places like Best Buy, Target, Lowes, grocery stores, etc. for however much you know you'll spend at Disney and bring the rest with you as cash.

I would take it as is, cash. If you don't spend it all you can put it back in your bank and keep saving for the next trip.

The only time I change my Disney money into another form is when I get a discount for doing so, such as buying gift cards at a discount.

You have a set amount to spend. Keep a tab as you go of your expenses.

I know this is not as easy as it sounds, as I sometimes forget to note my purchase.

I would put the cash in the bank, get a credit card with a big bonus, use it to buy discount gift cards with fuel points (including Visa if needed as points/cashback offsets fee)...then pay the credit card with the cash. I'd probably double my money.

If you go to WDW yearly, I would Disney Gift Card, and keep the difference in cash. What ever you do not spend, put it (gift card and cash) towards your next trip to WDW,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter