Identification for teens flying with adult

Jinnyboom

Mouseketeer
I know this question has been asked before....and I might have been the one to ask it.....(shudder...promise to learn better this time)..........

Just checked the Airtran website...(our carrier for this December)...and it indicated that all passengers must present a valid government issued ID)....

Have any of you been required to present ID for teens accompanying you???

Not a problem if that's the case.....just wanted t inquire before I round everyone up and head to our local DMV..........

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many will say no, but I have had to present my daughter's ID once. I just scanned her birth certificate and made 2 copies, one for my wallet, and one for my suitcase. Better safe than sorry. I would not take the original under any circumstances.

I left the copies in my Passporter, and now that we are getting ready to go again, I just pulled them back out.

Have a great trip!

I have flown with my nephew a few times (13) we just went to WDW in July, myself nephew and sister. She had a copy of his birth certificate but we weren't even asked for ID

If your teenager has an ID, I would have them bring it. If the teenagers look old enough to have ID, I have seen them ask for it.

We were asked for DS's birth certificate last year in the Orlando airport. He was 6. Luckily, I had it. I did ask what would happen if we didn't have it, and I was told we would still be allowed past security but would probably have to be searched.

My kids have used their school issued photo IDs - I had the birth certificates with me, but was never asked to produce them.

I believe kids 18 and up need photo id's. Check the website or call your carrier.

We take DS's passport, along with ours. Universally accepted, makes it easy.

Anne

Leaving from Detroit my husband & I needed to show picture I.D., leaving from Orlando all 4 of us (2 teenage daughters) needed to show I.D.s. My daughters used their school I.D.s ~:D~

I got photo IDs from the MVA for my two older kids...partly because we flew right after 9/11 and partly because they're big for their ages and I figured they might come in handy to prove their ages. I've never needed them, but it's nice to know I have them. It was really no big deal to get them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter