If a Restaurant Sells a Fruit Plate...

momof1princess

<font color=darkorchid>i feel like i'm going to ex
but doesn't have fruit listed as a dessert on the menu, would they let me have some sliced fruit as my dessert on the ddp? being a gastric bypass patient, i can't eat cake or pie of any type (well, i COULD, but then i'd fall asleep for a couple of hours-it's a side effect of my surgery) and i see that flame tree bbq sells a fruit plate. this leaves me wondering if they'd allow me some sliced fruit instead of the choc cake or key lime pie they list for my dessert?
anyone else tried this?
also...if we're too full for dessert at the ts restaurants, could we have our receipt marked as such and come back to eat it later? i saw someone else mention this in another thread, and i think it would work well for us, if acceptable. TIA! :goodvibes

I don't think you could come back later for the dessert, but I could be wrong. I think that would be hard to do for the restaurants, esp on busy nights.

About the fruit plate. I'm fairly certain you could get some fruit instead of say, cheescake. They have fruit plates on the kids dessert menus in a lot of places. Why couldn't they give you that? My kids got sliced fruit for dessert at quite a few places this past Dec. If it's not on the adult menu ask if you can order a dessert off the kids menu. Your ordering "down" so to speak, so I can't see why it wouldn't be allowed.

momof1princess said:
also...if we're too full for dessert at the ts restaurants, could we have our receipt marked as such and come back to eat it later? i saw someone else mention this in another thread, and i think it would work well for us, if acceptable. TIA! :goodvibes

I'm guessing that you probably can't do this at TS restaurants, since I don't think they'd have the table space for you. I remember reading about people being able to do it at select counter services, though. I know one example was the two water parks and using the receipt to get ice cream later, since it almost certainly would have melted while they were eating their main meal.

I don't think they allow the fruit plate because it's considered an entree but most places did have some type of piece of fruit you could have for dessert. I'm allergic to nuts so occasionally there wasn't a nut safe dessert so they'd offer me fruit.

Yvonne

lol, i don't want the fruit plate as my dessert, what i'm wondering is that since they already have the fruit there to make the fruit plates, would it be out of the question to substitute a small cup of fruit for the choc cake or key lime pie, since i can't eat either one? my family really enjoyed flame tree last time, so i guess if the cm says no, i'll forego dessert (which i doubt i'll have room for anyway).

My DH did that in April at MM - It was a small dish of cut up fruit - probably from the children's menu but it was fine with him as he doesn' eat cakes and pies etc. It may come down to how much the server is willing to do. Ken at MM was great - even getting us a small sample of sangria before we decided if we wanted that or something else. I have also ordered my dessert to go and had it later in the room - of course only certain ones travel well. We ate lunch at one restaurant that used to have take out and no longer does on the day we were leaving to come home (not on DDP).. I told the waitress I really wanted the key lime tart to go and she brought it out to the table and then said "Oh I'm sorry you're not able to finish this I'll get you at doggie box". I had my dessert on the plane and she had a bigger tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter