If DVC avail shows on disney.com can I use pts?- last minute trip!

bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Booking a last minute trip for first wk of Dec. and need one or two extra nights (already booked Dolphin for the weekend) - If villas are showing up as available on disney.com (for cash rates, of course) does that mean they are definitely available for me to rent via my DVC pts if I call MS, or have those rooms already gone into a different system and only made available for cash? I am an 11 month planner - never needed a room with less than 2 weeks notice ! I will call MS tomorrow, but thought someone here might know the answer sooner. TIA !

As I understand it, the cash rooms versus the point rooms are not the same. They hold back so many cash rooms and those can not be used with points. I would guess if there are some left at the last minute they would turn them over to DVC for point rooms. They would rather have them used than sit there empty. I would call and see if there are rooms available but you really can't use Disney.com to find out about DVC room availibility.
Good luck with your search.
Merilyn

Not always, but... if it close a lot of times they can 'transfer' rooms back. My hint is if the first CM just does a quick look try calling back later or the next day. I have found they often have to do something to get the room released. (Call resorts? I don't have a clue, but it takes a few minutes!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter