If I buy an additional 25 points this year?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
My use year is September and I really want the same use year on another contract when I buy an additional 25 points. (But I would settle for August or October if I went with re-sale again) But if I were to buy 25 points directly from Disney, with a definite use year of September, would I get the 2017 points if I bought before September 1st of this year and if I bought after September 1st of this year, I would just get the 2018 points?

My use year is September and I really want the same use year on another contract when I buy an additional 25 points. (But I would settle for August or October if I went with re-sale again) But if I were to buy 25 points directly from Disney, with a definite use year of September, would I get the 2017 points if I bought before September 1st of this year and if I bought after September 1st of this year, I would just get the 2018 points?
You would get the 2017 if you get the points before September.

Ok, this is what I was thinking would happen, just wanted to double check.

Just a heads up because I see you own at OKW - I heard from another poster the other day that they are on waitlist for OKW Sept and Oct UY (but for more points). So, if you're seriously considering, you may want to jump on the waitlist!!

Also (I'm sure you already realize this but stating for the purpose of someone who may not) if you do not have an extended OKW contract, your direct one will automatically be a 2057. So, if you change nothing / DVC changes nothing with OKW in the future, your 2042 contract will expire and you'll be left with just those 25 points for 15 years... Maybe a non-issue, but thought I'd mention!

Just a heads up because I see you own at OKW - I heard from another poster the other day that they are on waitlist for OKW Sept and Oct UY (but for more points). So, if you're seriously considering, you may want to jump on the waitlist!!

Also (I'm sure you already realize this but stating for the purpose of someone who may not) if you do not have an extended OKW contract, your direct one will automatically be a 2057. So, if you change nothing / DVC changes nothing with OKW in the future, your 2042 contract will expire and you'll be left with just those 25 points for 15 years... Maybe a non-issue, but thought I'd mention!
Looking at Hilton Head or Vero Beach. Just needing an extra 25 points to book at 7 months out. May not even buy them this year, or I might.

You get the points in the current UY based on when you purchase.

:earsboy: Bill

Another thing to remember is 25 points direct won’t give you any perks. You would need 75 points minimum for that.

Looking at Hilton Head or Vero Beach. Just needing an extra 25 points to book at 7 months out. May not even buy them this year, or I might.
Why HHI or Vero? 25 points wouldn't go very far as far as home advantage is concerned and the dues would be much higher than at OKW or SSR. Why not just add on at OKW and be able to book your home resort at 11 months, then switch at 7 months if possible.

You're still fairly new, I'd suggest you make due for a couple of years until you get enough experience to make a better decision. You could always do a transfer or single rental to stretch your pants easily far more than 75-100 pts. You may find a slightly larger contract is a better choice or you may not need them at all.

buying 25 points at a different resort can be quite the pain. Unless they're at BWV or AKV with really cheap standard/value level rooms, 25 points does not go very far, so they essentially become 7 month points.

I bought 25 points direct at BCV and kick myself for not buying at least 50. I was so focused on buying the minimum number of direct points to get membership benefits that I didn't pay attention to the actual use of points. In my defense, at the time, I was planning on buying another 100 BCV via resale so that the 25 points wouldn't be stranded by themselves, but DW put her foot down on my mini-obsession.

I am thinking of holding off for a bit and maybe sell this contract and buy a 75 point one in the future, who knows? Still learning, so I have time.

I've been on the waitlist for BLT direct points since the day I got my membership # in December. Still no word. When I called a couple few months ago my position on the waitlist (#8) had not changed at all.

I've been on the waitlist for BLT direct points since the day I got my membership # in December. Still no word. When I called a couple few months ago my position on the waitlist (#8) had not changed at all.
FYI. There is no official waitlist. So if you want BLT direct, you need to keep pestering your guide.

I wouldn't go with a different use year for 25 points - is that what you mean by settling for August or October? I'm having difficulty managing two different resorts with small contracts of 100 and 50. Seems split stays are my future.

I wouldn't go with a different use year for 25 points - is that what you mean by settling for August or October? I'm having difficulty managing two different resorts with small contracts of 100 and 50. Seems split stays are my future.
We are always doing split stays and loving it.

In the past we have done 1+x just to get the ddp for the first night. This past May we did 1+4+5, kinda fun to explore new resorts and do different parks depending on where you stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!