IF prices were equal—which resort?

jtntx34

Mouseketeer
I am in the EARLY stages of planning a trip for my Mom and myself next year. Mom will be 77, and it will be our first time with her using some sort of ECV/scooter/wheelchair, because distances are very difficult for her some days.

I am looking at the end of April as a possible time frame and prefer to be near Epcot. I have stayed at the Swan before. Mom has not. Neither of us has ever stayed in a Disney owned hotel.

If prices did not factor in, would you pick Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Dolphin, or Swan? Why?

Thanks so much.

Yacht Club or Beach Club would be our pick. You have access to the best pool on property staying at either of those (if pool usage is something you're interested in). You are a short walk or boat ride from Epcot and Hollywood studios. Only real difference between the Yacht and Bleach Club is the decor.

I've stayed at all of them and that's a tough question. I guess if all prices were equal, I'd go YC. It seems more adult than BC to me, I don't do the main pool but love the quiet pool there. If I had to rank them, I'd probably go:

YC
BW
Swan/Dolphin
BC

We tend to stay Swan/Dolphin now because they are less yet still in the middle of Epcot/HS which is where we spend most of our time. The only reason YC and BW are higher on my list is #1 you can use MBs to get in room so there is just one less card to carry around. I go bagless and have a little holder on phone so the less bulky that is the better. #2 you will almost always get a balcony at YC and BW, I think there may be one or two rooms on floors other than ground that don't have them. If you get ground floor rooms you will always have a little patio. I think if you get ground floor at Swan/Dolphin you are pretty much going to get a little patio but there might be some rooms without. I like sitting outside in the morning and having a cup of coffee, even if I'm looking at the swamp. #3 (and this might be perception on my part) the rooms seem a tad bigger at YC and BW then Swan/Dolphin.

BC is last for me because of the afore mentioned adult vs kid feel. My kid is an adult, I've been there done that and prefer a little quieter now. There can be conventions at both BW and YC but I've never noticed a lot of noise, we did have a cheerleader group at Dolphin once that was a tad noisy but not like at the value resorts.

Boardwalk is close to Epcot and DHS, while the others are only close to one or the other. If distance is important I'd pick Boardwalk.

That said, Beach Club is closest to Epcot, and would be my second suggestion.

Boardwalk for an adults trip. It's also close to both Epcot and DHS.

I've stayed at BC too and loved it but for adults only I'd go with BW.

If price wasn't a factor I would go with the Beach Club, because it is the resort closest to Epcot.

Maybe we've just had bad luck but we've stayed at the Swan and Dolphin once each and the rooms seemed old and musty. Lobby very nice, location great, but I would not return. As far as YC, BC, or BWI, it really is personal preference because the rooms and bathrooms are pretty similar, though YC/BC were recently renovated. I prefer BC because it's closest to Epcot, but YC and BWI are just a few minutes farther.

If room types are also equal type I’d like to try a water view at boardwalk.

But realistically I’d happily stay at any of the epcot resorts and take the cheapest room I can get.

We stayed at Boardwalk our last trip and loved it. I've also stayed at BC and love that resort as well. I had booked Swan for part of a stay and then switched it out. It always intrigues me, but I've yet to stay there, just can't pull the trigger on it for some reason.

So if all things were equal, my vote would be BWI then BC/YC (although for adult only trip I'd stay YC)

We enjoy Boardwalk the best of those options. Beach and Yacht are very nice as well, but if you aren't planning on being in the pool a bunch, I prefer Boardwalk.

My mother is around the same age as yours and if I were choosing a resort for just the 2 of us, I'd go with BWI or YC given the more adult-feel at both of those resorts. I like the rooms better at YC and I like the overall layout better at YC too. BWI is not my favorite, but in thinking about my mother, she may very well like it there and she would probably enjoy the BWI main pool better than the YC/SAB pool due to BWI pool being less hectic.

So it would be a draw to me on which one of those 2 to choose. We also love the BC, but more so when our kids were younger. We have never stayed at Swan or Dolphin.

On the flip side of that, I know you said you want an Epcot resort, but if you're willing to look at anything else, I know my mother would love the GF. She'd fall in love with sitting in the lobby and listening to the band, and I know she'd love watching the Castle change colors and fireworks right from the resort.

Good luck!

I am in the EARLY stages of planning a trip for my Mom and myself next year. Mom will be 77, and it will be our first time with her using some sort of ECV/scooter/wheelchair, because distances are very difficult for her some days.

I am looking at the end of April as a possible time frame and prefer to be near Epcot. I have stayed at the Swan before. Mom has not. Neither of us has ever stayed in a Disney owned hotel.

If prices did not factor in, would you pick Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Dolphin, or Swan? Why?

Thanks so much.
BC or YC. We just really liked it and loved the pool area (we really aren't huge pool ppl., but we ended up spending alot of time there.) Plus you have beaches n cream there.

Another factor to consider: balconies. At Beach Club, a full balcony is not guaranteed. We prefer Yacht and Boardwalk because almost all rooms have balconies. It’s wonderful to sit outside and enjoy the view, and it gives a little privacy if one person wants to enjoy the balcony while the other dresses.

We also prefer YC and BW because they are quieter and have a more adult atmosphere.

That being said, we usually go with whichever of the three is cheapest!

Most likely YC. All the 2QB rooms there have walk-in shower, which would be easier for Mom. Second choice would be BW for the festive boardwalk and the lovely interior decorations.

Boardwalk is close to Epcot and DHS, while the others are only close to one or the other. If distance is important I'd pick Boardwalk.

That said, Beach Club is closest to Epcot, and would be my second suggestion.
All five of them are in the same area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter