IF prices were equal—which resort?

All five of them are in the same area.

Yeah, but BC is literal steps away from IG especially if you use the shortcut exit. It doesn't make a huge difference in terms of walking time though, certainly not enough to make me pick one resort over the other. Other factors are much more important imo, like pools, theming, etc.

For a 77 yr old woman I would pick a BWV boardwalk view room. Best view in all of WDW!!!

We went in 2018 with a 75 year old using a scooter and did a split stay between Boardwalk and Beach (both DVC rooms). Boardwalk got higher marks from him. He thought the scooter in and out was easier at the Boardwalk and we all love the convenience of having the boardwalk itself. Now our two little kids preferred the beach club pool but he found it too sprawling to really get around comfortably. The size was actually a detriment for him with the mobility issues. For these reasons, I would go with the Boardwalk first.

YC followed by BC. YC more adult, pool and bar are great, beaches and cream also great. YC closer to boats but longer to Epcot. Both now have Skyliner access so that is good also. It’s really personal preference on those two.

I don't think you could go wrong with any of them, Epcot resorts are our favorite.

I would always chose a Disney resort over Swan & Dolphin. S&D are fine, but I feel they are a little more worn down. (Also, no magic express which may come in handy if she is bringing a personal scooter.) But I do understand price point -- S&D can be a lot cheaper.

Here are my picks:

BWI (easiest access to get to both Epcot and HS)
YC (adult feel)
BC (closest to Epcot, but I like YC better)
Swan (Westin, queen beds)
Dolphin (Mariott, double beds)

Yes but only Boardwalk is less than a 10 minute walk to both. The OP indicated that proximity was important due to disability.
No way is any Epcot resort a 10 minute walk to HS, maybe if you're speed walking. HS is almost a mile away (.8 I believe) and a "15 minute mile" is a brisk walk. I should know because my doctor is always lecturing me to do that daily. A normal walk will be about 20 minutes and that's not factoring in the Florida heat/humidity.
Epcot is less than a half a mile away, so a much easier walk.

We have stayed at them all sometimes as a family but now mostly as a middle aged adult couple. My choice would be hands down the BWI! this is our favorite resort on property. They have an elevator that comes out right beside the Flying Fish that is very convenient to use to get down to the boardwalk. From here it is a very easy stroll to Epcot and the boat is right there to head to HS. YC and BC are very similar resorts with long hallways and more of a family vibe due to the draw of the pool. We have enjoyed our stay at the Swan when the price just couldn't be beat but the rooms are smaller and it has more of a convention hotel feel to it.

No way is any Epcot resort a 10 minute walk to HS, maybe if you're speed walking.

It is if you walk like a New Yorker on her normal morning commute :P. I actually timed myself for the giggles one morning when I stayed at BC. 10 minutes almost on the dot from BC lobby to DHS for rope drop. In fairness I did pass quite a few families on the walking path. There's a convenient shortcut past the creepy clown pool at BWI that shaves off a good few minutes.

Moot point though considering OP mentioned a senior with disabilities. In that case I would expect closer to 20 if coming from the BC side of the lake.

If you will use the pool, BC or YC is a no brainer. If proximity to Epcot and the Boardwalk restaurants is more important, then boardwalk.

It is if you walk like a New Yorker on her normal morning commute :P. I actually timed myself for the giggles one morning when I stayed at BC. 10 minutes almost on the dot from BC lobby to DHS for rope drop. In fairness I did pass quite a few families on the walking path. There's a convenient shortcut past the creepy clown pool at BWI that shaves off a good few minutes.

Moot point though considering OP mentioned a senior with disabilities. In that case I would expect closer to 20 if coming from the BC side of the lake.
I also have a city walk, but try not to use it when on vacation. Plus; I end up always leaving my DW and DD's behind, which is not a good thing:rotfl2:
We were at BW years ago and I mentioned to my DW that the walk time was more then a lot of people say. I think it took us 15 minutes and we passed people but we were also passed by some people:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!