If the Parks close at 7pm...what can we do?

mom2of2

DIS Veteran
in March? Can we go swimming? We are staying at CBR, do the stores and what not stay open? Any suggestions for boys ages 12 and 5 would be great.

Head over to Epcot! Or go swimming if it's warm enough. Or do Downtown Disney. Or maybe take in Cirque! There are lots of exciting things to do after 7 pm.

If you are a WDW Resort guest, go over to Fort Wilderness and do the Campfire Program. You might also catch the Electric Water Pagent as it passes by FW around 9:45 pm. Or do a round or two of miniture golf. Or go check out the animals at AKL.

If, on the other hand, you're on about day 3 or more of your trip, you may just want to head back to your resort and get some much needed sleep!

Check out Disney Quest at Downtown Disney, lotsa fun there!

When the Mk closes at 7:00 Epcot is still open until 9:00, and Disney Quest and the stores in Downtown Disney stay open until around 11:00 so there is still plenty to do. The pools are heated, so if it is a cool evening you can still go for a swim. I like to go to one of the resorts for a late dinner, or make reservations for the Hoop de do revue.

It's also worth noting that a posted closing time means only that the rides will shut down at 7pm. You can still do some shopping in the parks or make PS near the posted closing time. I believe the shops stay open for at least an hour, and the restaurants will not kick you out.

The above posts all have great suggestions, too.

Oh there is LOTS to do after the parks close!!!

You can swim in the pools, you can go to DTD, Disney Quest, play Miniature Golf at one of 2 courses, go to Boardwalk, resort hop, have a late dinner, if it is the right time of the year, they show movies at Fort Wilderness, to Hoop de Doo, the Luau, a character meal, hop to Epcot and watch Illuminations.

Just because the 3 of the parks close, the magic doesn't end. That is the beauty of WDW!

Have a great time!

Only some shops stay open past the park closing time, generally for about 45 minutes extra, and only for guests already in the park (the turnstiles close at posted closing time).

At MK, Only the shops on Main Street and Town Square are open later than posted closing.
At Epcot, Mouse Gear and the two shops beneath SpaceShip Earth (maybe Leave a Legacy and Gift Stop too) remain open later than park closing.
At the Disney/MGM Studios, the shops on Sunset Blvd and Hollywood Blvd remain open.
I'm not sure about the shops at Animal Kingdom aside from Garden Gate, Outpost, and Rainforest Cafe.

Also, some restaurants have final seatings that are different from the posted park closing time. At Epcot, you can be seated at the Garden Grille or Coral Reef restaurants until 8pm, even though The Land and The Living Seas close at 7pm (and despite the fact that most of Epcot is open until 9pm)...
The times guide has all the information you need, so get one with your map (the hotels even have them at their front desks.)

With respect all above ideas are cool but all a bit limited in thinking! The world doesnt end at Disney! Whats up with venturing into I Drive or Church street or Orlando itself youll find PLENTY of stuff there!!

Originally posted by mom2of2
in March? Can we go swimming? We are staying at CBR, do the stores and what not stay open? Any suggestions for boys ages 12 and 5 would be great.

We like to go to Fantasia Gardens to play miniture golf.

Have a late dinner, walk around Downtown Disney, head out to DQ or just take an early shower and crash watching TV.

Originally posted by IAN5150
With respect all above ideas are cool but all a bit limited in thinking! The world doesnt end at Disney! Whats up with venturing into I Drive or Church street or Orlando itself youll find PLENTY of stuff there!!

With a 5 and 12 year old? Last time I was at Church Street (it's been a few years) it was bar after bar with some shops thrown in for good measure... please correct me if I'm wrong... :)

Thanks for all the ideas. One question though, I'd love to resort hop, how long do the busses run? Maybe I should "hop" over to transportation and ask Tyler lol.

The best way to resort hop is to make dinner reservations at each resort! There's so much to do that you won't be bored. As mentioned there's DD, movies, Boardwalk, 2 miniature golf courses, the gameroom at the Contemporary, swimming at your resort, the gameroom at your resort, resort snacks. And, of course, if you have a car there are plenty of things outside of Disney. Have fun!!

and you dont have to be staying at Ft Wilderness to enjoy it. There is pre show sing along and character greeting with Chip and Dale then a different Disney movie every night. Franks, for hot dogs sticks marshmallows graham crackers and chocolate bars are sold for s'mores. All taste great over an open campfire.

Personally I wouldn't want to be taking pre teens to I drive OR Church Street after a long day at the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter