If time and transportation were sports we'd never make the playoffs; 2018 spr. break TR *new TR!*

Hayden is adorable!!! Congratulations.

Sounds like you had a fun night at Hoop De Doo. Sometimes it works out better when plans change at the last minute.

I hope Ricky's surgery goes well.

Five weeks early and completely healthy, Hayden Olivia DeVizio did not feel like waitING!
Cuteness overload! Congratulations to you!

That will be quick, just a 4 night stay. Originally I booked a Passholder rate at the BWI which would be really convenient going to F&W often, and we were excited to be back on the BW. But then a few days ago something showed up with my TA rate, and after some quick debating and consultation with a couple friends, we are now staying HERE for the first time:
You will love the GF! It was our first Disney stay back in 2009 and I still remember how excited I was walking down the hall as I realized we had lagoon view!

YOU DO HOOP DE DO REVUE!!!!
So fun!

As soon as you get in the salad and corn bread is waiting for you, and I started in with my all-ariane-cares-to-drink Sangria :thumbsup2 The first time we saw the show we were in category 1 seats and ended up right in front of the stage, as in you couldn't possibly get any closer or any more front and center. When I booked that morning only category 2 was left which isn't bad. Here are a couple picture of our view:
Looks great!

Since the sangria IS all-I-care-to-drink, I also didn't care how I looked taking part in this napkin twirling much to the boys' embarrassment:
This is awesome!

Speaking of Ricky's knee, in case I don't get back with another update before it occurs, he's having his 2nd ACL replacement surgery next Friday the 20th. He's not nervous this time (he says) since he knows what to expect, and I'm not as nervous, except for knowing my boy will be in pain again. And knowing the 2nd part of the summer will be boring for him. Anyway if after next week I'm absent for a bit, that's why, but I'll try not to be :)
Just wanted to say that I will be thinking of you both next week. I am enroute to my cottage (no internet/phone/tv etc) so probably won't be on the Dis much until I am back home in early August. Keeping a happy thought for you though and hoping for the best! :)

She is beautiful!

Hooray for another trip and MNSSHP. Looks like we will miss ya'll by a week or so. :(

HDDR looks like so much fun. I keep seeing other reports on this and they are all good. It's another one to add to our list for when the boys are older or on an adult only trip (maybe one day).

Praying all goes well with Ricky's surgery next week and the recovery!

Steve and I became grandparents for the first time on June 25th!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! :hug: How very, very exciting! She is so beautiful :goodvibes

Steve and I are going to Disney in Sept!
Yay! And doing MNSSHP and seeing @Raeven - I'm jealous!

I started in with my all-ariane-cares-to-drink Sangria :thumbsup2
:rotfl: I see it paid off! :thumbsup2 ;)

he's having his 2nd ACL replacement surgery next Friday the 20th.
You all know what to expect now, so now all you have to focus on is the successful recovery! :thumbsup2 And I'm sure it will be :goodvibes We'll all be thinking of you and Ricky and awaiting the good news! :grouphug:

In other news, as all my facebook friends know, Steve and I became grandparents for the first time on June 25th!! Five weeks early and completely healthy, Hayden Olivia DeVizio did not feel like waitING!

She could not be any more precious. Congratulations! :goodvibes

Of course! :cool1:

I always think of all the guests in the rooms with lights on getting ready for bed, or laying their clothes out for the next day etc. when we go by resorts at night.

I never thought of it quite this way, but now I'm sure I will! :rotfl:

he's having his 2nd ACL replacement surgery next Friday the 20th.

Thinking good thoughts for a smooth surgery and quick recovery! :thumbsup2

Five weeks early and completely healthy, Hayden Olivia DeVizio did not feel like waitING!

Amazing! She's so precious!

gf-jpg.336213

Just your regular old outer building room, but it's a new to us resort that I've had a hankering to try! So, so excited!!!!

Yay!! I hope you have a great stay there. We enjoyed our one free night there last summer so much that we're going back.

But really, I wanted to limit Ricky's walking that night, and at that point we didn't even know if he'd do ANY walking that day.

WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO DO....................

img_8528-jpg.336198

Awesome!! Sounds like it was a good time.

img_8530-jpg.336218

Mmmm, the best part is I got pretty much all of this to myself, because while everyone took a couple bites nobody loves it!

Yummm...I can't believe you were the only one who wanted this! I'm a huge strawberry shortcake fan.

I'm weird and I may have said this before, but I always think of all the guests in the rooms with lights on getting ready for bed, or laying their clothes out for the next day etc. when we go by resorts at night. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :goodvibes

I love this :goodvibes

Speaking of Ricky's knee, in case I don't get back with another update before it occurs, he's having his 2nd ACL replacement surgery next Friday the 20th. He's not nervous this time (he says) since he knows what to expect, and I'm not as nervous, except for knowing my boy will be in pain again. And knowing the 2nd part of the summer will be boring for him. Anyway if after next week I'm absent for a bit, that's why, but I'll try not to be :)

Best of luck to Ricky with his upcoming surgery! I will be sending good vibes your way for a manageable recovery and not too much pain for him.

Congratulations Grandma she is beautiful so glad to hear everyone is doing well
Now let the spoiling begin!
I’ll be thinking of you and Ricky on the 20th :hug:
Staying at the GF :cool1: I’m so jealous :goodvibes
Hope you get to attend MNSSHP with @Raeven
HDDR is so fun and the boat ride is great we did it when we stayed at the CR super convenient.

Last edited:
I have no idea how I fell so woefully behind, but me and the Schofferhoffer I'm sitting here drinking are officially caught up!

akframe-jpg.333757

We've never gotten a "frame" one. I call this, "what the ____is up with my bangs?" Which really could have been the name of this TR, because I'm not posting tons of pics where my bangs are totally wonky.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Thanks for reminding me why I haven't had bangs in 20+ years

We had a pretty good safari this time. I won't bore you with that many pictures. In case you aren't aware, the DISBoard rules have recently changed. We are no longer required to post obligatory safari pictures in our TR's, just an obligatory giraffe picture:
I did not know they had changed the rules. Though I did notice you had posted more than just the giraffe. Think I'll have to report you and rack up some more of those points.

herefore, we sat at the stop for the AK-Epcot bus for a loooooooong time. Another thing to note about the park to park bus stops is that they are fairly far out and offer no shade whatsoever. That means this was hot #transportationfail5. We were getting used to these now but that doesn't mean we were any happier about them.
Yikes. Don't know if you remember but it was AK to Epcot where we had the scary charter bus with the pad locked bathroom pick us up. I think I'd rather wait then take my chances on that thing again.

Where are we, POUGHKEEPSIE?" which is about 6 minutes from me! So every time we watch these shorts and she says it, I say Poughkeepsie out loud with a big smile on my face like a moron. I do the same thing when I'm watching TV and they say Poughkeepsie, which they actually do rather often because it's the biggest city between NYC and Albany (I'm 90 minutes North of NYC and 90 minutes South of Albany). And now you've had your geography lesson for today!
I feel so much smarter and suddenly have an urge to scream POUGHKEEPSIE. I'm sure my neighbors won't mind.

img_8483-jpg.334062

Some of the props around the lodge since they redid it are from the Backlot tour at HS but I'm not sure about this water tower? I think it is..............
That totally looks like the one from the backlot tour. Wonder if it really is one in the same?

img_8206-jpg.336212

So we finally have a princess in the family! Don't worry she has tons of Disney clothes already, but being a preemie they don't fit quite yet. When they do, I'll post tons of pictures!
Congratulations again!!!!!! So happy for you.

gf-jpg.336213

Just your regular old outer building room, but it's a new to us resort that I've had a hankering to try! So, so excited!!!!
WOOHOOO!!!!! This of course will in no way make up for missing me in August, but I guess you'll have fun anyway.

img_8528-jpg.336198

:love::love::love:

I started in with my all-ariane-cares-to-drink Sangria :thumbsup2
I had no idea they renamed the Sangria after its more prolific drinker :drinking1

Since the sangria IS all-I-care-to-drink, I also didn't care how I looked taking part in this napkin twirling much to the boys' embarrassment:

img_8525-jpg.336216
I'm sure the boys loved it!

we had a really great night at HDDR and I'm even debating booking it again for this Thanksgiving.
You should totally wait until (hopefully) or paths cross again and we can do this together. I can only imagine us after an evening of all-ariane-cares-to-drink Sangria!

Look at those little tiny skinny arms!!!! So cute! Soak in all that girl-ness!

We're also doing MNSSHP on the 16th as long as I get my butt in gear and buy tickets,
AMAZING!!!! I will love to hear how you all like it!

We asked Chris on the bus if he'd like to do this or try the luau at the Poly, and then we texted Ricky. Luckily they both wanted this!
OMG! If we did this with the girls, they would most def pick opposite things! They are the worst at that! Glad to hear your boys agreed on it!

I'd been dying to take everyone to BMG since seeing it for the first time in Feb. 2017 at my Universal TA training, but it's not going anywhere and we'll get there eventually :)
I am sure you will! It sounded like a great evening and probably just what you guys needed to do.

and I started in with my all-ariane-cares-to-drink Sangria :thumbsup2
Ha! I love this new name!

We used the facilities and went to get the boat back to the WL:

img_8532-jpg.336219
Going to Hoop is the best from WL... so easy!!!

Speaking of Ricky's knee, in case I don't get back with another update before it occurs, he's having his 2nd ACL replacement surgery next Friday the 20th
Good Luck! I can see how it would be more nerve racking for him this time around. He know what to expect!

Congratulations on becoming grandparents! Hayden is adorable.

Look at you getting all fancy at GF! We stayed there once when my dad had a conference.

Good luck with surgery and recovery

Looks like a good call switching to HDDR

Hi all! Before I get in to individual responses I want to say :thanks: for all the congrats on my granddaughter!! She and mommy and still doing fine, Hayden is gaining weight as she should be and soon should no longer be considered a preemie :goodvibes
Second, thank you all for your words of support for Ricky's upcoming surgery Friday, I'll be sure to report back on how he is. I'm sure it'll go fine and he still doesn't seem nervous. His friends want to come over shortly after and see him on his meds :sad2: and he's making the most of this week before the big day. He's also working at the basketball camp which began today and so he feels back in his element, at least for a little while.

Yes buy them!!! :thumbsup2
Bought! Now we just have to figure out what we'll do together once there, if I ever get around to figuring out our plan :sad2:

I love your sweatshirt! I think I almost bought that one once.
Thanks! I got that a few years ago, either 2015 or 2016? I like how it says EPCOT Center :love:

Haven't done this yet, though we've talked about it. Maybe during another trip :bitelip: Sounds like fun!
It's much more fun than it initially sounds and looks! What has amazed me both times is how many small children are there, like toddler age. I now suggest it to clients and others who have younger kids because they always seem to be having such fun :goodvibes

Omg, what?? That's awesome! Definitely on my to-do list someday!
It's been on my to-do list for awhile! I want to try every resort (um, maybe not any more values). The only resort that I wasn't interested in trying was the Contemporary because it just doesn't "do" anything for me, but in the last year I've changed my mind and now that's on my list, too :thumbsup2

Love this picture! And your bangs are totally cooperating :P
Every once in awhile they listen to me. They listened to me this past Saturday in Hershey; Sunday, they absolutely did not.

That's exactly what happened to us when we went to HDDR in 2015. We ended up playing ping-pong in the back of the CR and it's one of my favorite memories :lovestruc
I think it's partly because you eat so much food; but really you can eat just as much at other restaurants so I don't know what makes you so tired after this! Maybe because it's dark-ish in there so you feel your night is over lol? Or maybe because it's so much fun you really don't need to do anything afterwards, it's just the perfect way to end a night with maybe something little like ping-pong afterwards :cloud9:

Give me a call if you need someone to talk to while Ricky is recovering. I know you have a lot of support, but I'm here if you need me.:wave:
Jenny this is just so sweet :hug: I truly appreciate it and don't be surprised if I take you up on it xoxo

Not sure if I mentioned, but I have decided to rent a car for part of my August trip, which is something I haven't done before when staying on site. I am curious to see if I notice a significant improvement, not having to wait on Disney buses for a few days. May be worth the money...or maybe not.
We haven't rented a car on-site since 2014, because we were going to CityWalk. Which sounds silly now lol. We drove to every park but MK, it was fine and we actually felt in most cases more convenient. Of course there was no parking fee then. We were at CSR and were right by the parking lot which was very convenient.

In 2015 we were off-property in our timeshare for what was supposed to be a non-Disney trip, but we couldn't stay away and ended up doing 1 MK day. We had a rental car since we were doing Universal and Orlando stuff so we had to park at the TTC which was HORRIBLE. Hated it. So I definitely suggest using the buses for MK.
I know many people who love driving so I'm interested to hear your thoughts afterwards!

Did you finally pick a Grandma name yet? :)
lol well.........kind of. It's too easy when I'm talking to her to just say "grandma", which is what her other two grandma's are saying, too. I really wanted "gigi", my cousin's grandkids call her that and it sounds so chic and cool :cool1: but then I'm thinking it has to be hard to say??? I called my one grandmother "Grams", we were extremely close, so I think I'm just going to go with that :goodvibes

So excited for you!! Such a beautiful resort! So I guess that means you'll be eating a Citrico's and hanging out at Mizners a lot? :)
Surprisingly I don't have that booked! We want to eat a lot at the festival and I HAVE to get Tiffins in. But I really just finalized our Sept. trip like 4 days ago so there's plenty of time to add it lol, and if we don't eat there this trip we'll be eating there with the kids in Nov. But Mizner's? Oh yes!

I will have to get to Hoop Dee Doo at some point. I am contemplating switching things around on this trip in Sept. I just really don't have a free night to do this as my sister keep wanting all the character meals LOL.
That doesn't surprise me about your sister! But you should do it for the experience sometime, I think you'd enjoy it. As I said upthread it's so much more fun than it looks and sounds like it is.

I know you will enjoy GF. You'll be just steps away from your favorite waiter. :)
:laughing: That is so true! Even if we don't eat there we'll have to stop in and say hello to Rony.

Will Ricky miss any school this time?
No, because we don't start until after Labor Day. He'd technically be ready to go back about 2 weeks or so after surgery and he'll have about 6 weeks until school; he won't even be on crutches anymore at that point but may choose to use one when school starts just so he can leave classes 5 minutes early and get to his next class without having to walk through crowded hallways. If he does that they'll also give him a key to the elevator since the school is 3 floors and he can take a friend with him when he leaves each class to carry his stuff.
Needless to say even if he's feeling in tip top shape, he'll most likely choose this option to 1. leave class early and 2. get those extra few minutes to hang with a friend!
We only waited this long after the confirmed diagnosis in May because Ricky was signed up for Driver's Ed, which ends this Thursday and he really wanted to do it.

Delurking for a minute to say congrats on the grandbaby! She's beautiful!!!!
Hey there! Thank you for stepping out :rotfl2:Thank you so much, we're thrilled!!!

Wow-that is awesome! Staying at the Grand would be pretty wonderful, but I still think I'd feel underdressed the whole time!
:laughing: I guess I better start working on my Easter bonnet even though it won't be Easter and look into purchasing a parisol!

Sounds like you had a fun night at Hoop De Doo. Sometimes it works out better when plans change at the last minute.
That is so true, which is a big reason we're always open to moving our plans around. It just works better with our boys, has since they started getting older and voicing their opinions lol, and especially when someone is sick or has any type of injury :(

I am enroute to my cottage (no internet/phone/tv etc) so probably won't be on the Dis much until I am back home in early August.
You are probably there by now, but just want to say I hope you have/are having a wonderful time!

Hooray for another trip and MNSSHP. Looks like we will miss ya'll by a week or so. :(
Oh man! Figures we're missing each other. What are your exact dates?

:rotfl: I see it paid off! :thumbsup2 ;)
:laughing: That it did, that it DID!

I never thought of it quite this way, but now I'm sure I will! :rotfl:
I know, like I said I'm weird! But when you go by on the boat it's so quiet and peaceful, and looking up at those rooms.......it's just what goes through my head :goodvibes

Shes adorable! Congtats G-Ma!
:thanks:

Yummm...I can't believe you were the only one who wanted this! I'm a huge strawberry shortcake fan.
And it's funny because with the exception of the strawberry shortcake Good Humor ice cream bar, I'm not a strawberry shortcake fan but this thing is out of this world!

OMG! If we did this with the girls, they would most def pick opposite things! They are the worst at that! Glad to hear your boys agreed on it!
Oh don't be jealous, this is like, only the 3rd time they've EVER agreed! Normally if one hears the other give an answer, the second one will purposely give the opposite answer on purpose. The stars just happened to be aligned for us this once on the trip!

Look at you getting all fancy at GF! We stayed there once when my dad had a conference.
That's us, the fancy family :tiptoe: Until we get kicked out lol

Looks like a good call switching to HDDR
It definitely was, none of us ended up disappointed and we all had fun. I'm happy that we can go with the flow so well 90% of the time we're there. Chances are we'll have to do that a couple times for our Nov. trip, too. March was 4 months after Ricky's first surgery and our Thanksgiving trip will be 4 months after this surgery, so Ricky will basically be at the same point in recovery as he was in March and will need to rest and watch how much he walks again. But this time I'm just building more resting into the plan.

Hope you get to attend MNSSHP with @Raeven
We have our tickets, so now I just have to come up with a plan! I'm always just so behind on our plans, but I'll get to it eventually. I know I'm going to watch both parades lol, see the Hocus Pocus show since last time we did the party it was still the Villain show WITH the meet and greet afterwards, and I want to do a couple M&G's depending which villains they have.

I have no idea how I fell so woefully behind, but me and the Schofferhoffer I'm sitting here drinking are officially caught up!
:drinking1:wave:

I did not know they had changed the rules. Though I did notice you had posted more than just the giraffe. Think I'll have to report you and rack up some more of those points.
Maybe we should have a contest and see who can get the most points the fastest :laughing:

Yikes. Don't know if you remember but it was AK to Epcot where we had the scary charter bus with the pad locked bathroom pick us up. I think I'd rather wait then take my chances on that thing again.
OMG yes, how could I forget that bus??? I was in Universal and you sent me the scariest pictures, I was afraid I was going to have to take a taxi over there and alert Disney security they had some missing persons.

I feel so much smarter and suddenly have an urge to scream POUGHKEEPSIE. I'm sure my neighbors won't mind.
It's a fun word to scream, you go ahead! Actually in the show "Supernatural" on the CW (which is awesome), in one episode the 2 main characters and Crowley (yes, the Devil) use Poughkeepsie as their "safe" word. You know a place is crazy if the Devil himself uses it as his "safe" word!

I had no idea they renamed the Sangria after its more prolific drinker :drinking1
But of course! They felt bad since Steve has shrimp named after him.

You should totally wait until (hopefully) or paths cross again and we can do this together. I can only imagine us after an evening of all-ariane-cares-to-drink Sangria!
OMG that would be perfect to do together!!! Now I have a new goal for 2019 :goodvibes

The only resort that I wasn't interested in trying was the Contemporary because it just doesn't "do" anything for me, but in the last year I've changed my mind and now that's on my list, too :thumbsup2

Hummpphhhh >:( I'm glad you changed your mind, though! The CR and Poly are tied as my favorites :love:

Every once in awhile they listen to me. They listened to me this past Saturday in Hershey; Sunday, they absolutely did not.

Oh, lord. I'm in Hilton Head this week and I give up! My hair is just atrocious…you will not be seeing me in many pictures on Facebook :rotfl2:

How precious! Congrats on your grandbaby :lovestruc.

And a September trip! At the GF! As I read that I thought maybe you'd be there when we're there...but alas, no.

I love those pics of Hoop Dee Doo. Someday we're going to do that one!

Hummpphhhh :( I'm glad you changed your mind, though! The CR and Poly are tied as my favorites :love:
Your pictures from CR helped change my mind!

And a September trip! At the GF! As I read that I thought maybe you'd be there when we're there...but alas, no.
It's always the way :( Since we had to cancel our Aug. trip due to Ricky's surgery I'm missing tons of people I would have otherwise seen, and I'm missing a few people on our Sept. trip. In fact I think @Raeven and possibly @amalone1013 are the only ones I'm going to see!

9/19 - 9/22
Missing you and @Wood Nymph by 2 days :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter