If we do Tales with Belle and CRT same day, could we meet 2 dif Belles?

I’ve never really thought about this before, and maybe I’m in the minority, but I didn’t realise people actually told their kids the characters were real? We have always met them as a bit of fun, but my daughters always known that the movies aren’t real, so I’ve never really tried to convince her the characters were, we’ve always been quite tongue in cheek about it. Now I feel like a bad mum!
Never told kids anything one way or another. Never been asked. She just formed opinions all on her own.
Personally, if I was asked, my answer would be yes, yes that is THE Cinderella. And that is not wrong because there are no others. Disney is where you find Cinderella. I know I consider her Cinderella and as real as Cinderella can be.

You may be surprised. They want to believe and there is so much going on it can surprise you want they don't notice, or maybe simply don't want to see

This is true :)

I’ve never really thought about this before, and maybe I’m in the minority, but I didn’t realise people actually told their kids the characters were real? We have always met them as a bit of fun, but my daughters always known that the movies aren’t real, so I’ve never really tried to convince her the characters were, we’ve always been quite tongue in cheek about it. Now I feel like a bad mum!

Oh we don’t try to convince her or tell her they’re real. She believes they are and we don’t correct her because the time little kids believe in magic is so fleeting. Same with Santa. I’ll be sad when she figures it all out and I just hope that doesn’t happen on our trip.

There are typically 5 total characters. We usually see those plus Sleeping Beauty. We used to see Belle there in her blue, but not any time recently. Probably not since Enchanted Tales opened.

It has been a very long time since Belle was in the regular rotation. I miss her in her blue dress, her interaction with my DGD was priceless. She was in the afternoon parade the same day we had lunch at the castle, and she made a great show of pointing out Kady.

She's 7 and isn't skeptical, really, but she will totally notice two different CMs and will stop believing so I was hoping it wouldn't be obvious. Oh well...it was bound to happen eventually!

For what it's worth, Enchanted Tales with Belle was one of my most favorite things to do on our trip---so much fun! Belle is definitely one of my favorites---and this is without ever seeing "Beauty And The Beast" in it's entirety, ever. Have fun!

Here is our story and maybe a tip - granted, my DD is now 17! When she was 5 we met Ariel in the Grotto and then the next day at Akershaus. I said something along the lines of, Ariel, it is so good to see you again. We really enjoyed meeting you at the Grotto yesterday. And she totally played along and said it was good to see DD again. My memory is fuzzy now, but I'm pretty sure it was not the same human - of course, she wasn't human in the grotto! ;-) And this was one of my most magical Disney moments, of course DD probably doesn't quite remember it as I do.

When my DD was almost 5 and we took her, upon meeting Cinderella for the third time during our trip (1900, Akershus, and CRT) she said "I've met Cinderella three times, why doesn't she remember my name?"

DD has this thing about not wasting time meeting characters she's met already. After a full day at MK we did 1900PF for dinner. She told the waitress "Just send me the stepsisters please, I met Cinderella this morning."
Well, about 10 minutes later it's Cindy's turn at our table and she says "Hello again!! I know I saw you this morning but I didn't want to miss the chance to see how your day at the Kingdom went. I hope you had a fun day!" I think after that interaction DD will believe the characters are real until she turns 30.

It's been a while since I ate at CRT, but I remember seeing Cinderella (that's who we got our picture with), Belle in her blue town dress, Ariel in her green dress, Aurora, and Snow White.

Here is our story and maybe a tip - granted, my DD is now 17! When she was 5 we met Ariel in the Grotto and then the next day at Akershaus. I said something along the lines of, Ariel, it is so good to see you again. We really enjoyed meeting you at the Grotto yesterday. And she totally played along and said it was good to see DD again. My memory is fuzzy now, but I'm pretty sure it was not the same human - of course, she wasn't human in the grotto! ;-) And this was one of my most magical Disney moments, of course DD probably doesn't quite remember it as I do.
One of the first things they learn, play along if a child mentions meeting "you" yesterday as XYZ location. Never fear that a character will break that magic and act like it's the first time they've seen you if you mention it

That’s such a great tip! Thank you!!

DD has this thing about not wasting time meeting characters she's met already. After a full day at MK we did 1900PF for dinner. She told the waitress "Just send me the stepsisters please, I met Cinderella this morning."
Well, about 10 minutes later it's Cindy's turn at our table and she says "Hello again!! I know I saw you this morning but I didn't want to miss the chance to see how your day at the Kingdom went. I hope you had a fun day!" I think after that interaction DD will believe the characters are real until she turns 30.

So funny!! Love it.

There is only one Belle, but Belle has many different friends and her friends may be different.

This is years ago, when Story Time with Belle was in the garden outside the castle. We had CRT, Belle in her blue dress was having a great interaction with DD, and invited DD to come see her downstairs after lunch for story time. We did this, and Belle came out and waved to DD right away. Great memory. Apparently Story Time with Belle was scheduled around breaks in the CRT rounds.

Belle in blue dress left CRT at the same time the old Ariel's grotto was closed, and Belle was replaced by Ariel. Ariel could not meet at CRT when she was at the old grotto, because you could have bene meeting with Ariel at CRT, and look out the window, and see people going into meet her in her grotto at the same time. Now that would spoil the magic!

I don't think you're in the minority. This must be one of those things that really depends on the kid. My son is so literal minded that even when he first met Disney characters just after his 5th birthday he never would have been convinced that they might be "real". From an earlier age than that if we asked him if something in a show was too scary he would say "mo-om, it isn't re-al (*eyeroll*)".

I don't think you're in the minority. This must be one of those things that really depends on the kid. My son is so literal minded that even when he first met Disney characters just after his 5th birthday he never would have been convinced that they might be "real". From an earlier age than that if we asked him if something in a show was too scary he would say "mo-om, it isn't re-al (*eyeroll*)".
Haha sounds just like my daughter!

But Cinderella is in two places at same time just yards apart :confused3

We met Belle in castle many times in her blue dress ... but we haven't done it in awhile so I don't know current lineup.

We once met Aurora at CRT and then the same Aurora in France in Epcot the next day. We were told by a CM (take it for what it's worth) they rotate the meet/greet face characters that way in case the same family goes to a different park the a different day and meet the same character. Good story, not sure it's true.

One of the most magical parts of my trip (7 years ago) was seeing belle at Epcot and then at mk. She was wearing different outfits and my daughter (then 3) told belle that she was wearing the blue dress yesterday and belle said well, yes and yesterday you were wearing those cute cupcakes instead of the ice cream cones you have today. And my husband and I were speechless. Of all the hundreds of kids, how could she possibly remember not just my child but her clothing.

But Cinderella is in two places at same time just yards apart :confused3

We met Belle in castle many times in her blue dress ... but we haven't done it in awhile so I don't know current lineup.

We once met Aurora at CRT and then the same Aurora in France in Epcot the next day. We were told by a CM (take it for what it's worth) they rotate the meet/greet face characters that way in case the same family goes to a different park the a different day and meet the same character. Good story, not sure it's true.

Our last trip, we actually saw the same Cinderella at CRT and the princess meet and greet. Cinderella actually commented to my girls that she had just seen them at breakfast.

One of the most magical parts of my trip (7 years ago) was seeing belle at Epcot and then at mk. She was wearing different outfits and my daughter (then 3) told belle that she was wearing the blue dress yesterday and belle said well, yes and yesterday you were wearing those cute cupcakes instead of the ice cream cones you have today. And my husband and I were speechless. Of all the hundreds of kids, how could she possibly remember not just my child but her clothing.

Our last trip, we actually saw the same Cinderella at CRT and the princess meet and greet. Cinderella actually commented to my girls that she had just seen them at breakfast.

Love when this happens. The Aurora we saw, the second day we saw her at Epcot ... as we walked up she says "Oh Prince (his name) so good of you to come see me again." It was special ................ but .................. she beat that ...............

We returned a year later to eat at Akershus. As Aurora walked up she greeted DS by name. My mouth fell open and I was speechless. I never got it together to say anything but when I got home I compared photographs, sure enough same one. Granted DS "stands out" but never would have expected that.

Some of the "friends" are really outstanding at making the magic happen. pixiedust:

Love when this happens. The Aurora we saw, the second day we saw her at Epcot ... as we walked up she says "Oh Prince (his name) so good of you to come see me again." It was special ................ but .................. she beat that ...............

We returned a year later to eat at Akershus. As Aurora walked up she greeted DS by name. My mouth fell open and I was speechless. I never got it together to say anything but when I got home I compared photographs, sure enough same one. Granted DS "stands out" but never would have expected that.

Some of the "friends" are really outstanding at making the magic happen. pixiedust:

Wow! That's so awesome!

I’m curious about whether my 6 year old will notice the two different Cinderellas at fairytale hall and crt just a few hours apart! We certainly got spoiled on the cruise last year where we were on a first-name basis with the princesses by day 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter