If we just want to do Christmas stuff...

Any idea when this might start? We'll be there Nov 8 - 12. Last year we were there when it opened on Nov 11, but we didn't make much effort to get to DS and never did see it, but didn't hear real great things about it either. But now we wonder if maybe we missed something sorta cool, lol, we love Xmas trees! I think this year we'd like to try to see it if it's there on our trip so need to find out when it opens.

Can anyone share anymore on the sleigh ride to see the trees and decorations at Ft. Wilderness? Is it really worth the time? When does it run, for how long does it go, and is there a charge? We love seeing decorations but we've got limited time between Wed afternoon till early evening Sunday.

It'll be nice if you visit the resorts, to see all the cool Gingerbread creations, smells so good and Christmasy!! Love the Christmas music playing in the parks and resorts. I think DhS could be lots of Christmas fun if you can squeeze it in with the Jingle Bam show, as well as the new Christmas festivities that will be on Sunset Blvd this year.
Still really miss Osborne Lights though, but it sounds like Dhs is stepping it up a bit this year which is nice! Always love wandering their decorated Christmas streets, so pretty! And, of course MK is magical, especially the beautiful Castle Dream Lights, love those, my fave way to see the castle!

Hope you have a great Christmas trip!
Unfortunately I don't think the resorts will have their gingerbread creations up at that time. I don't remember though. We went once after thanksgiving and they were up and once the middle of November and I don't believe all of the resort stuff was up. I think we left on the 15th of November and stayed at the beach club and the last day we got to see the carousel up.

I'm planning a day in December where my family gets our picture taken in front of each of the giant Disney Christmas trees. So we'll have to go to all four parks, Disney Springs, the Contemporary, the Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, and Animal Kingdom Lodge. That should be a nice Christmas tour.

I'm planning a day in December where my family gets our picture taken in front of each of the giant Disney Christmas trees. So we'll have to go to all four parks, Disney Springs, the Contemporary, the Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, and Animal Kingdom Lodge. That should be a nice Christmas tour.
Don't forget Swan and Dolphin! From what I've seen (it's my first time going this time of the year) their trees are just as beautiful.

Unfortunately I don't think the resorts will have their gingerbread creations up at that time. I don't remember though. We went once after thanksgiving and they were up and once the middle of November and I don't believe all of the resort stuff was up. I think we left on the 15th of November and stayed at the beach club and the last day we got to see the carousel up.

Oh, yeah, now that you say that I remember that from other Nov visits. Well, maybe some will be up, even if not all, hopefully the few places we'll be anyway! Otherwise a full Gingerbread tour for us will be for another year I guess. But for the OP, they are going in Dec I think? I think all things are up by Thanksgiving so anyone going after that should have all of the Gingerbread displays to see! I think they usually do a lottery among the resorts each year which decides what order the resorts will go in to put up their decorations and displays first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!