If you are bringing GIFT CARDS/ my experience

Forevermarypoppins

DIS Veteran
Write down ALL 16 numbers on the back of the GC's along with security#. Keep info with you in case you need to make a phone call for a lost GC. Talking to a live agent and they will be able to transfer balances to another card. They will ask: the amount of original GC and where purchased.

I lost a $100 GC my 1st day of trip. I knew it was lost probably an hour after I used it. All I had was the receipt of food when I used it and it had 12/16 numbers on receipt. I was lucky I had the purchase receipt at home AND COULD READ IT as it was almost 4 yrs old and the print was almost entirely faded. But I had the last 4#'s. I called and spoke with an agent and I had my entire remaining balance still on the GC. Talk about luck! Unbelievable LUCK! Without the entire 16#, I was S>O>L>. My guess is the GC went into the garbage with my food trash OR it's somewhere along the BTM tracks!!

I like to combine my gcs on the disney gift card website before my trip. I also bring a blank card with me, if I lose the card with money on it, I log on to the gift card site and transfer the money to the blank cart.
That's a great idea! I will do that next month. Thanks for the tip! My card demagnetized last time so this would have helped.

Love the Disney gift card site and I do same as Euby and pay bill nightly with gift cards or my rewards card

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter