If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It! - WISH October Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

Fri QOTD- I have tried and failed at lots of things. all kinds of diet, exercise, haircolor and cuts, decorating, hobbies, plants....I always learn. Life would be boring if everything was a success. I always learn from it. A lot of good important lessons at that.

Bonus Q- Haunted Mansion movie

I think I have lost about 2.6 lbs this month so far. I feel like it should be more but we will see how the month ends up. I am at 36.6 lbs lost so far on ww. It has been a little under 5 months.

I hope everyone is doing good. working 6 days a week does not leave me a lot of time I lost 3 pounds so that is good.
(What are some things in your life that may seem like they are getting in the way of reaching your goals? How are you working around them?)
Working so much and my husband and living in a town the has nothing get in the way of my goals. I am just getting by on less sleep and putting myself first for once is how I am getting to my goal.

Oh, let's not even get into failures! Diet wise I'm taking a very low key approach. Just trying to make healthier choices. Hard to fail with that low goal! But it's working for me. I'm feeling better about myself, even though today I am over calories. That's not so good but I did go for a walk and definitely feel that bonus points should be awarded for walking all the hills around my parents' house!

1) Did I do my steps (15000 goal) yes
2) Were my calories in balance Yes
3) Did I do my 3 weekly workouts without overdoing it (only M, W and F) N/A
4) What did I do great yesterday, what worked well
Very middle of the road day but I did a good food shopping and was very much on the go all day and compared to other Saturdays it was better
5) What can I do better
I am not feeling 100% so to be honest no point of thinking too much about what can I do better. I will do better when I feel better.

The weather is strangely warm for this time of the year in expectation of hurricane Ophelia. I never experienced hurricane and it's not at all common in Ireland and frankly there is a lot on the news but nothing about advise to deal with it. We have had years of building issues and long cord case with the developer in the estate we live in and we won, they are paying to repair the issues. Great - but there is so much equipment left in front of our window in the sitting room! I am worried about it little. I will have to follow the news today

We are off to see Impractical Jockers tonight and I am looking forward to that but if I knew how tired and half way between sick and healthy we all are I would have not booked it.

I did my Friday workout Sunday morning. I will change my 3) to T, T, S next week to allow for day off

Last edited:

Fri QOTD- I have tried and failed at lots of things. all kinds of diet, exercise, haircolor and cuts, decorating, hobbies, plants....I always learn. Life would be boring if everything was a success. I always learn from it. A lot of good important lessons at that.

Bonus Q- Haunted Mansion movie

I think I have lost about 2.6 lbs this month so far. I feel like it should be more but we will see how the month ends up. I am at 36.6 lbs lost so far on ww. It has been a little under 5 months.

This is great result, well done you!

It's true. I love this attitude!

Oh, let's not even get into failures! Diet wise I'm taking a very low key approach. Just trying to make healthier choices. Hard to fail with that low goal! But it's working for me. I'm feeling better about myself, even though today I am over calories. That's not so good but I did go for a walk and definitely feel that bonus points should be awarded for walking all the hills around my parents' house!

Easy does it, I am fan of low key apporach too. I tried big bang approaches and the weight loss went way with such big bang - lol!

Well if I look at the big picture and count the time I joined these WISH threads it will be 2 years this January and I have failed because I have not lost overall.

I agree with @HappyGrape I don't expect to be perfect with my eating but I am finding it this month easier to say no to the junky food that has previously been a habit.

Keep trying 4Mickeys. I think when going on a diet, weight loss is easier at the start as you feel greatly motivated but in most cases gets harder and harder with time. A true change, in my opinion is little harder at the start as it requires persistence and change of habits and results are slower at the start but it gets much easier at time. Perhaps your lack of appreciation of junky food, while it may have taken you long is the key to you finding it easier to move towards your goal now.

Keep trying, something with click and you will figure out what you need to do

@HappyGrape I was thinking of you when I saw where Ophelia is headed! Stay safe!! What kind of wind strength are they forecasting? I think by the time it gets to you it might not be much worse than what you are used to with a typical winter storm. We just had Xavier going through Northern Germany and that was comparable to a hurricane category 1 in some areas. I think hurricane just makes it sound so much worse

If you are worried about the window, you could put a mattress and some furniture in front of it.

I think the only experience in Ireland with something like this as 1961, way before I am born. We just don't know! I don't even know to send my child to school or not. I need to see how is my garden and what do I need to secure there too, I have flower pots and garden furniture. I would have been way less concerned without the building materials in front of us! about the time my son is due to finish school the winds are suppose to be 100km... I will keep an eye on the news.

And compared to the news in Florida, focusing primarily on advise the news here seem to be focusing on tracking it and saying how bad it will be without much advise.

Sorry that this is so worrisome for you! I would hope that they close the schools if winds are so strong!! Northern Germany got beat up by a nasty storm some years ago. Since then storm warnings have been much stronger. The most important things is obviously to stay inside during the worst weather. In the recent storm 6 people were killed in Germany, all of them because something fell on them, I think in most (if not all) cases, some tree branch. So, if you are out of the way of any trees, you already are much safer! If you are afraid of the building supplies, the best thing you can do is stay away from the windows that are close to them. And to be honest, I would most likely not send my kid to school. Can you arrange to work from home yourself? If so, just stay at home for the time the storm passes over you. When we had a really heavy storm warning some years ago (the storm then did not materialize) people were sent home early from work to make sure that everyone got home and did not have to be out on the streets during the worst of the storm. So, I guess keep watching it, make arrangements that enable you to stay indoors during the bad time of the storm and otherwise don't get too scared! :grouphug:

I went out for a run today!!! :cheer2: So happy!!! The foot is still a bit not totally ok, but I feel that it is improving every day. So, this is good! I am taking it slow with the running. I only ran 3k (that is about 2 miles). But then the weather here was amazing and friends asked me if I wanted to join them for a little hike in the woods, so I did that, too. I ended up with 13000 steps. And it felt amazing! I missed moving so much. This also inspired me to eat healthy today. I kind of did not track perfectly, I guess that's what I need to do in bed before I switch off the light. But I feel like I am starting to get back on track!

We are off to see Impractical Jockers tonight and I am looking forward to that but if I knew how tired and half way between sick and healthy we all are I would have not booked it.

Hope you feel better soon and enjoyed the show.

Keep trying, something with click and you will figure out what you need to do

Thank you :-)

I think the only experience in Ireland with something like this as 1961, way before I am born. We just don't know! I don't even know to send my child to school or not. I need to see how is my garden and what do I need to secure there too, I have flower pots and garden furniture. I would have been way less concerned without the building materials in front of us! about the time my son is due to finish school the winds are suppose to be 100km... I will keep an eye on the news.

And compared to the news in Florida, focusing primarily on advise the news here seem to be focusing on tracking it and saying how bad it will be without much advise.

I am with @Flossbolna I would probably keep your son home from school. You really do not want to be facing heading out into those conditions for school pick up. I am sorry you are not getting better advice for preparation. It can be frustrating at times. I am far enough south in Queensland that we don't usually get a direct cyclone hit (similar to hurricanes) but we do get the left overs as they move into tropical storm phases with strong winds and rain. We always prep with water, food that will last a few days, food that can be prepped with/without power, torches/lanterns etc. Hopefully, your schools will do the smart thing and close for the day - but if not I would make a parents call on that and your comfort level. Schools were closed for a couple of days - directed by the Police during our big storm earlier this year - but it didn't happen until 7am that morning and obviously not all parents heard the message and kids were dropped off and they had to go back to get them again. Until your post yesterday I didn't even know that you had a hurricane headed your way - and to be honest didn't realise that they occurred near Ireland - I always associate hurricanes/cyclones with tropical areas.
Stay safe - and definitely hunker down in a part of your house far away from those construction tools as the storm passes through :grouphug:
I went out for a run today!!! :cheer2: So happy!!! The foot is still a bit not totally ok, but I feel that it is improving every day. So, this is good! I am taking it slow with the running. I only ran 3k (that is about 2 miles). But then the weather here was amazing and friends asked me if I wanted to join them for a little hike in the woods, so I did that, too. I ended up with 13000 steps. And it felt amazing! I missed moving so much. This also inspired me to eat healthy today. I kind of did not track perfectly, I guess that's what I need to do in bed before I switch off the light. But I feel like I am starting to get back on track!

Glad to hear you are feeling better and are able to start being active again :-)

Until your post yesterday I didn't even know that you had a hurricane headed your way - and to be honest didn't realise that they occurred near Ireland - I always associate hurricanes/cyclones with tropical areas.

It is a very odd occurrence. By the time it gets to Ireland it will be a post-tropical cyclone and theoretically only tropical cyclones in the Atlantic Basin are called hurricanes. However, when a storm comes your way, terminology is the last thing to think about...

Anyway, Ophelia is a very odd storm. She formed and immediately started to head eastward. For a time it looked like she would head towards Portugal, but then she was starting to move north and east and now is supposed to get to Ireland and then to Scotland. It might very well be that she then will take a southward direction again and could travel down the Norwegian coast. A lot of hurricanes continue on as weather systems eastward across the Atlantic and then move south once they reach Europe. For example, on October 2nd and 3rd we had quite a lot of rain here in Southern Germany. I remember it well, because I was afraid that the rain might still be around when I was supposed to run my 6k race. This were the remnants of Hurricane Maria. So, it is similar to the left overs you get. However, Ophelia is just very late in getting out of the hurricane force winds phase. She actually just got into it even more. I read that she has broken records as the most eastern hurricane to reach major hurricane force strength.

Reporting in 38.8%

1. Meal Planning - On track have done it all weekends of the month so far :-)
2. Strengthening exercises at least every second day - only 3 out of 5 days done last week - but one of the off days was visiting the Physio - will need to refocus and increase this week.
3. Taking lunches to work - took 3/5 days last week - 1 day I was off work so no need to take it and the other day I made a good healthy choice similar to what I take from home :-)
4. Walking 30 minutes per day - Not hitting this as good as I would like - the last few days has been impacted by some seriously rainy weather here - am hoping it eases up today and I can get some in this afternoon.
5. Water intake 1.5 litres a day - Also - not hitting this as good as I would like - I do so much better at work and the days I walk in the morning.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I premade my work salads for 3 days yesterday - so should be a good start to the week.

It is a very odd occurrence. By the time it gets to Ireland it will be a post-tropical cyclone and theoretically only tropical cyclones in the Atlantic Basin are called hurricanes. However, when a storm comes your way, terminology is the last thing to think about...

Anyway, Ophelia is a very odd storm. She formed and immediately started to head eastward. For a time it looked like she would head towards Portugal, but then she was starting to move north and east and now is supposed to get to Ireland and then to Scotland. It might very well be that she then will take a southward direction again and could travel down the Norwegian coast. A lot of hurricanes continue on as weather systems eastward across the Atlantic and then move south once they reach Europe. For example, on October 2nd and 3rd we had quite a lot of rain here in Southern Germany. I remember it well, because I was afraid that the rain might still be around when I was supposed to run my 6k race. This were the remnants of Hurricane Maria. So, it is similar to the left overs you get. However, Ophelia is just very late in getting out of the hurricane force winds phase. She actually just got into it even more. I read that she has broken records as the most eastern hurricane to reach major hurricane force strength.

The hurricane season this year has just been crazy - so much damage, injury and life lost - I hope all goes as well as it can for Ireland and @HappyGrape or other areas if it changes direction. I saw a prediction the other day for our coming cyclone season - they are expecting 11 in the waters around Australia with at least 1 major one expected to cross the Queensland coast. Apparently this is within average range.

Happy Sunday! I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend. Don't forget to update your progress for the last week :)

Thanks @4Mickeys for sharing yours! I'll have mine tomorrow, as well as a new discussion question.

Checking in -- 46% I am down 1.4 pounds since the beginning of the month. I am so excited. The weekend was ok but busy. I managed to maintain over the weekend. I didn't get my steps in so i need to work on that.

@HappyGrape I hope everything goes well for you. I didn't even know the hurricane was headed in your direction. There hasn't been much news about it here.

Hello and Happy Monday! Wow, it's hard to believe but we are already halfway through the month of October. Don't forget to let me know your progress!

QOTD: “When we consider a new project, we really study it – not just the surface idea, but everything about it. And when we go into that new project, we believe in it all the way. We have confidence in our ability to do it right. And we work hard to do the best possible job.” – Walt Disney

Sometimes it’s easy to have a goal in mind, but we don’t always take the time to look into what needs to be done to make it possible. Is your goal still just a thought in your mind or have you studied it to determine how you can meet it? If you haven’t, what is standing in your way?

Bonus QOTD: Let's say there was a University of Disney. If you were a student there, what would you want to major in (Rides, Shows, Characters, etc)?

Hello and Happy Monday! Wow, it's hard to believe but we are already halfway through the month of October. Don't forget to let me know your progress!

QOTD: “When we consider a new project, we really study it – not just the surface idea, but everything about it. And when we go into that new project, we believe in it all the way. We have confidence in our ability to do it right. And we work hard to do the best possible job.” – Walt Disney

Sometimes it’s easy to have a goal in mind, but we don’t always take the time to look into what needs to be done to make it possible. Is your goal still just a thought in your mind or have you studied it to determine how you can meet it? If you haven’t, what is standing in your way?

Bonus QOTD: Let's say there was a University of Disney. If you were a student there, what would you want to major in (Rides, Shows, Characters, etc)?

I do not do a lot of research. I leave that to my husband and let him tell me. I do know my biggest problem is I sit way to much. So just getting my 10,000 steps is hard but if I do that every day I will be done some weight.

Bonus -- Would love to major in photography. I have loved it since I was a kid but never learned enough to make it a job. On our first Disney trip I had my dad's big expensive camera and took a great picture of Donald on the move it Shake it Parade (I think that is what it is called. When it showed up on our TV the other day I had to take a double take to make sure it was not a stock photo from Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!