If you could change DCA...

Our family had an amazing time at DCA and we are excited to go back.

Here are some ideas!

- play up the water more and add an atlantica and do a better little mermaid ride? Everyone wants to be a mermaid. Everyone.
- add more buskers or period costumed CMs to fill in the pier
- an Inside Out attraction where you experience a life event and then ride through Rileys mind could be visual, Clever, and informative!

Yes, my mosquito bites and wasp sting from all of my summer outings are proof of that. But, that's like saying Marvel belongs in California because Tony Stark's house is in California. It's a bit of a stretch, right? Honestly though, I like the theming in Bug's Land, but I hate the rides. They feel cheap, like an afterthought.

Wasn't his house in California destroyed in the last Iron Man movie?

Bring back the CALIFORNIA letters, ToT, Soarin' Over California, Aladdin a Musical Spectacular, Muppet Vision 3D, Golden Dreams, Mickey head on Screamin, and the California Zephyr train. I'd "drain the swamp" of everything Marvel related and make California Adventure "California" again. I still maintain my beliefs that many of these attractions, especially Soarin' Over California and ToT will return.

I would either go all out on California theming or drop the "California" part of the name altogether.

IF they went with California, I'd enhance the entire park to give a little California history through queues, a show, or something similar. I'd drop some of the IPs that don't fit the California theme, too (Guardians...sorry, I want my art deco hotel back, also Bug's Land...doesn't feel very California-y).

IF they went with dropping the C in DCA, I would prefer the majority to be Pixar themed. That way, you could go to Disneyland for Disney classics and DA for Pixar. I don't mind a little Marvel, but I don't love how it looks like it's going to eventually take over a third of the park.
That's fitting considering they're changing Paradise Pier to Pixar Pier.

I would like to see a People Mover going from Disneyland to California Adventure and back. Change things back to make it Disney CALIFORNIA Adventure (Soaring over CA, keep it Paradise Pier, etc.) California has such a rich heritage. I loved the Golden Gate Bridge. As for eateries, Smokejumpers should have smoked meats, like ribs, chicken etc. Bring back the different flavors of swirl soft serve ice cream. Put a table service restaurant in Hollywood land area, perhaps in the style of the Brown Derby or other bygone restaurant. If not, put in a table service restaurant called Gusteau's restaurant, (ties in with the Pixar theme) and a counter service named Ratatouille.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!