If you could only eat at ONE restaurant....?

DisCatz

Earning My Ears
So my boyfriends parents are visiting from out of state and we were discussing taking a big family trip to WDW in September 2019!!!!!!! I’m sooo excited to finally be going to WDW (never have been) and his parents, sisters and their kids will all be going. It should be an awesome time. But since this is my first time, my boyfriend and I plan on going to a nice fancy dinner for just the two of us one of the nights we are there. So if you just had one night to get away and have a nice grown up romantic dinner, where would you go? I’ve been looking on the boards and watching Disney vlogs for awhile now and have dream list of all the places I’d eat at the resort, but his family will most likely be deciding everywhere we go during the trip (which is fine) but that means this one meal will be my chance. How do I choose just one?! I’m leaning towards Jiko or one of the nicer restaurants in Epcot or one the Boardwalk. I’m not sure. What do you think?

Depends on your taste in food. Our choice would be Jiko or California Grill.
Jiko has great food, and have enjoyed the staff at every visit.
Flying Fish on the Boardwalk is another that we have enjoyed many times. Probably a step down from Jiko.
California Grill can be noisier and have more kids than Flying Fish or Jiko. If you tme your reservation right, you can also watch teh fireworks from their balcony with piped in music.
I would pass on the restaurants in EPCOT as most are a step down from the others.
If you like Italian, consider Il Mulino at the Swan.
I know its not one answer, but many good choices.

Yachtsman or Jiko. I prefer the food at Yachtsman, I had the best filet in my life there. I would give Jiko the slight edge for ambience though. Service is excellent at both and they're both quiet.

The food at Cali Grill was very good, but it's really loud and the service wasn't great in our experience.

Depending on your budget, Victoria and Albert's is going to be the highest quality and probably most romantic of any WDW locations.

If that's too high, I also recommend Yachtsman. You could also look into some of the options at Swan and Dolphin, which are a little more out of the way so tend to (mostly) have a quieter vibe, with excellent food (particularly bluezoo and Shula's). A nice stroll along the Boardwalk on the way would also be *highly* romantic.

So my boyfriends parents are visiting from out of state and we were discussing taking a big family trip to WDW in September 2019!!!!!!! I’m sooo excited to finally be going to WDW (never have been) and his parents, sisters and their kids will all be going. It should be an awesome time. But since this is my first time, my boyfriend and I plan on going to a nice fancy dinner for just the two of us one of the nights we are there. So if you just had one night to get away and have a nice grown up romantic dinner, where would you go? I’ve been looking on the boards and watching Disney vlogs for awhile now and have dream list of all the places I’d eat at the resort, but his family will most likely be deciding everywhere we go during the trip (which is fine) but that means this one meal will be my chance. How do I choose just one?! I’m leaning towards Jiko or one of the nicer restaurants in Epcot or one the Boardwalk. I’m not sure. What do you think?
Besides Victoria & Albert.......

If I could recommend only one restaurant - it would likely be California Grill - because you can see the Magic Kingdom and the fireworks too. Unfortunately, the food is too hit-or-miss for me to say this is the only place I'd recommend.

So, given the diversity you've outlined, here goes.....

If you are using the Dining Plan, Yachtsman & Flying Fish are very good, but near the Boardwalk area are the Swan & Dolphin Signatures - which are generally considered to be better than Disney-run places: BlueZoo (seafood), Shula's (steaks), Il Mulino (Italian).
https://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/#

Animal Kingdom Lodges are, in my opinion, the most impressively themed resort. Jiko is very good, but for a uniquely-Disney experience, I find a daylight meal at Sanaa to be a bit better (and cheaper), if for no other reason than being able to enjoy the animals outside the windows of the restaurant. But anyone can just walk around the Resort and enjoy the animals (during daylight) from the multiple vistas that are designed to enjoy the animals....and then you can go to Jiko.

Grand Floridian is also a lovely resort and Citrico's & Narcoossee's are two recommendations (besides V&A). Citrico's is likely the more romantic, but no fireworks. We prefer the New England'y seafood at Narcoossee's, but I readily admit it's nothing special. However, you can enjoy the fireworks from Narcoossee's. Also, Grand Floridian has a live jazz band throughout the evening.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...rt-and-spa/grand-floridian-society-orchestra/

The current hotspot in Disney Springs is Boathouse. The food was OK, but we found the place too noisy (and pricey), particularly if you're looking for something romantic. But stopping in at the shops of Disney Springs could be something you'd enjoy.

But one last thing to think about - transportation. Disney has made it difficult to go from resort-to-resort. And quite frankly, nothing would kill the romance more than waiting a long time for a bus or a boat. Of course taxis are readily available at the resorts. So my recommendation is to consider this in your calculus as well.

Just got back from a weekend trip and had dinner at Jiko for our fourth time. We’re going to DW in May again and I am having a hard time with it not being in our plans that trip. I might have to rethink this. So my suggestion would be JIKO!!!!!

Victoria and Albert's, though I've yet to try it.

The nicest restaurants in Disney I have tried, in order:

The Empress Room - Sort of like Victoria and Albert's, but doesn't exist anymore.

California Grill - Great food, even better service, and oh that view!

Bistro de Paris - Phenomenal -and gone.

Artist Point - Lovely ambiance, and excellent food.

Flying Fish -just delicious ***but I haven't been since the staff change and renovation***

Yachtsman -excellent steak and service, decent food otherwise.

Last edited:
Victoria and Albert's is clearly number 1, but it will be the most expensive by far.
After that my favorite has been Artist Point, but heard recent reviews are down. Not sure if something changed.
If you like sushi, go to Morimoto and sit at the sushi bar. Tell the guy your budget and tell him to make you whatever he feels like. We love doing this. Get great sushi/sashimi with all sorts of creative sauces/combinations.

Victoria and Albert's, though I've yet to try it.

The nicest restaurants in Disney I have tried, in order:

The Empress Room - Sort of like Victoria and Albert's, but doesn't exist anymore.

California Grill - Great food, even better service, and oh that view!

Bistro de Paris - Phenomenal -and gone.

Artist Point - Lovely ambiance, and excellent food.

Flying Fish -just delicious ***but I haven't been since the staff change and renovation***

Yachtsman -excellent steak and service, decent food otherwise.

We've eaten at Bistro de France (the previous restaurant) and Monsieur Paul (the current restaurant). Both are excellent! Don't recall a big change in the decor. Love the new menu.

I would look at the menus and decide together what might look and sound good. Take into consideration are you going straight from the parks to dinner, or are you going to take a break get cleaned up and dressed up for dinner.

There are lots and lots of options at Disney Springs, The Boathouse, Morimoto's, the Edison will open by then, Paddle fish...lots of options... Flying fish is one of our favorite on the board walk, if you have park hoppers, you can have dinner then head thru the back gate at Epcot for fireworks. Then head back out and maybe head over to the Swan or Dolphin for a night cap.

I had another thought, DH and I do what we call a stroll around the world showcase, stopping along the way at the different carts or QS and sharing everything from dumplings to dessert along the way, we weave our way through each country checking out the shops, films or rides. Stopping along the way to people watch, then find a great spot for firework viewing and just watch.

I had another thought, DH and I do what we call a stroll around the world showcase, stopping along the way at the different carts or QS and sharing everything from dumplings to dessert along the way, we weave our way through each country checking out the shops, films or rides. Stopping along the way to people watch, then find a great spot for firework viewing and just watch.

We've done this, too, and it's a lovely way to spend an evening if the park's not super crowded. We also did this at Disney Springs last time and it was lovely as well. We stop several places for drinks and appetizers then always end at Amorette's for dessert.

Jiko. You've already narrowed the list down to include that, so you must find the menu, atmosphere etc. to be of your liking. I will reassure you that you will have a magical, romantic meal there. You don't want this special night to be at the parks...too crowded. The AKL is beautiful. Enjoy the grounds, the lodge before and after dinner. Stroll around the Savannah, watch the animals, sit and relax. The restaurant is gorgeous, the food is delicious. Definitely get the bread service. We have eaten there 4 times and just love it.

I would echo praise for Jiko here, but it's hard to know what you're looking for and what your tastes are. When I think romance and dining at Disney, for me, atmosphere is big. For that reason, and not all would agree with me here, I'd say San Angel Inn is second to none in atmosphere. I also enjoy the food there - oh, and the margaritas. A trip on the boat ride inside the pavillion after dinner is also nice.

Artist Point! Its honestly the best meal i've had in a looooong time. The food, ambiance and serve here are top notch. Just amazing. Of course everyone has different taste.

Jiko. You've already narrowed the list down to include that, so you must find the menu, atmosphere etc. to be of your liking. I will reassure you that you will have a magical, romantic meal there. You don't want this special night to be at the parks...too crowded. The AKL is beautiful. Enjoy the grounds, the lodge before and after dinner. Stroll around the Savannah, watch the animals, sit and relax. The restaurant is gorgeous, the food is delicious. Definitely get the bread service. We have eaten there 4 times and just love it.

I've read that Sanaa has the bread service, don't recall seeing it on the menu at Jiko any of the times when we'v eaten there. Is it there and we missed it, is it available and not on the menu?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter