If you could only eat at ONE restaurant....?

I've read that Sanaa has the bread service, don't recall seeing it on the menu at Jiko any of the times when we'v eaten there. Is it there and we missed it, is it available and not on the menu?

Jiko has always for as long as we have gone there had a bread service as well, it is called the Taste of Africa. It is smaller than the one at Sanaa with fewer bread types and sauces, but is still good.

Taste of Africa
African-inspired Dips, Pappadum, Sesame Fatir, House-made Flax Seed Naan - $14.00

Jiko's.
Flying Fish @ Broadwalk.
Hollywood Brown Derby @ HS. Has an atmosphere similar to Jiko's with plusher seating around the perimeter.
Boathouse in Disney Springs (has nice music certain nights and times of the evening)
CA Grill probably but haven't been yet. Had ressie's last trip but canceled due to a cold.
Another possibility is Monsieur Paul's. haven't eaten there either but I've hopes, LOL. Nevertheless the vids and menu continue to intrigue.
Tokyo Dining. Serene; atmospheric lighting. The possibility of seeing the fireworks over Lake Echo depending on seating. Excellent food and service.

If you are not on the dining plan, the restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin are very nice. Il Mulino, Blue Zoo, Shula’s and Kimono’s are all excellent.

Tough choice. I'd go for California Grill for the fireworks show you get while dining.

We had a really yummy and romantic meal at Artist Point. I have never been to Jiko, that’s next on my date night wish list

First choice would be V&A. If that's not on the radar- in EP I would do Monsieur Paul, on the Boardwalk I would do blue zoo (if you're not on the dining plan). If you are willing to venture elsewhere, Artist Point is exceptional. Fantastic food and service, gorgeous atmosphere.

Shulas or Flying Fish depending on your preference in food followed by a nice romatic walk around The Boardwalk area with ice cream from Ample Hills. If you time it right, you can see some of the fireworks from Epcot and Hollywood Studios while walking around. It is also very nice to sit on one of the swings at Beach Club on the sandy beach and enjoy the lake.

September 2019 is a long time away. Who knows what new and fabulous restaurants may pop up in between now and then? I'd wait until 7 months before and make my choice then.

California Grill gives a wonderful view of Magic Kingdom and the firework show if you time your meal right.
I've also thought Akershus was a nice place as well. Yes, it has princess walking around, but that adds to the Disney fun. It is inside a "castle" in Epcot and the decorations and food are amazing.

California Grill or Artist Point are our signature favorites. I’d have a hard time picking which I prefer as we do both every single trip. I love wilderness lodge & I enjoy the boat ride over there also.

Jiko is good, but we think CG & AP are much better. In fact on our last trip we decided we enjoyed Sanaa more than Jiko & on our next trip are leaving Jiko off our repeat list. ( we stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge)

You can never go wrong with Flying Fish and a night on the boardwalk.

V&A is the absolute best but I know it's not in everyone's budget. FWIW, if you do go and you are deciding between which room to eat in, we would choose the main dining room over the Queen Victoria room any day.

Second choice would be Jiko. The next time I go, I'm just going to make a meal of the wild boar tenderloin app. It's incredible.

Just about the only restaurant we have eaten at more than once at WDW is Tiffins so that might tell you what we think of it. We love to go to the Nomad Lounge first for a drink then into Tiffins to eat. It is in the AK park so you either have to build that around your AK day or have PHs. It isn't really romantic but the food and service are both good, which we haven't been able to say about a lot of places. We like the food at Flying Fish and, again the bar attached is great, but the server we had was not the best. We weren't impressed with the food or service at Sanaa, by far one of the worst dining experiences we have had in over 30 years of going to WDW. It took at good 2 or 3 hours to get through our meal the server was so bad, my son actually had to send back a drink and he only ate half his meal, which is unheard of. Jikos the food was just o.k. but not anything to brag about, the service was o.k. We felt both were overrated for the price we paid and we don't blink an eye about paying around $200 for a meal for two of us. Again, we liked the bar there though. We thought the food at Chef Paul's was just o.k. and the service was 2nd to Sanaa as the worst service we have had at WDW. As others have mentioned, V&As is great, we loved it but for two of us it was a total of $750 for one meal, worth every penny but not something we would do every trip. We enjoy HBD at HS but lately we have been doing lunch at the outside lounge because frankly, I usually just go for the Cobb salad. Our #1 worst service we have ever had at WDW was at the Rose and Crown, it is the only time I've tipped less than 20%. The food was good, I had corned beef and cabbage and had to search really hard on my plate to find any cabbage but it was good and filling but the service was horrible. We actually had to eventually send someone to look for our server when we were waiting on the bill. We like Citricos at GF, the food is good and the service is good.

For romantic, look for restaurants that are quiet. There's nothing special about an evening spent yelling at the person inches away from you, above the din. Looking at you Narcoossee's. I've heard that California Grill is loud at dinner but quiet for brunch. Boathouse and Morimoto get loud comments, as well.

Victoria & Alberts wins, for me. My more reasonable $ choice is Blue Zoo.

Others I'd entertain, in no particular order
Artist Point
Jiko
Citricos
Tiffins

V&A is the absolute best but I know it's not in everyone's budget. FWIW, if you do go and you are deciding between which room to eat in, we would choose the main dining room over the Queen Victoria room any day.

Second choice would be Jiko. The next time I go, I'm just going to make a meal of the wild boar tenderloin app. It's incredible.

We went to Jiko in January, it is a favorite of ours, and again I just ordered the wild boar app a side of the macaroni and cheese, and split a bottle of wine with DH, it was incredible and a perfect meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter