If you could pick three....

npmg

Earning My Ears
table service restaurants, which ones would you choose?
We are two women, traveling with our 14 year old sons, neither of which eat like 14 year old boys. One will definitely eat chicken and one would definite eat steak. We have the qs dining plan, but want to do a few nice dinners. We aren’t TOO budget conscious, but it’s a consideration.

Do you like buffets or no?
Characters or no?

By nice do you mean truly nice, or just a table service meal where you are served? Are you going to every park?

Well how about Ohana as a suggestion. One can get his chicken and the other steak and if they are normal boys a lot of it. Another possible suggestion if Sci-Fi great atmosphere and some surprisingly good burgers.

My top 3:
Jiko
Narcoossee’s
Yachtsman

We are big foodies and meat eaters. Other top choices would be California Grill, Hollywood Brown Derby. We also love Raglan Road in Disney Springs, not anything fancy but fun and delicious.

Do you like buffets or no?
Characters or no?

By nice do you mean truly nice, or just a table service meal where you are served? Are you going to every park?

By nice I mean good food, maybe a little costly but definitely worth the cost. No buffets. Yes, every park.

My top 3:
Jiko
Narcoossee’s
Yachtsman

We are big foodies and meat eaters. Other top choices would be California Grill, Hollywood Brown Derby. We also love Raglan Road in Disney Springs, not anything fancy but fun and delicious.

I love Raglan Road too. I think that's definitely on our list!

Well how about Ohana as a suggestion. One can get his chicken and the other steak and if they are normal boys a lot of it. Another possible suggestion if Sci-Fi great atmosphere and some surprisingly good burgers.

Those both look good. I'll check them out.

This depends on a number of other factors (Price point? In park or not? Atmosphere (how nice/ fancy?). It's SO hard for me to pick just 3 restaurants!

My top 3 of all time (based on food quality, and consistently good service, and availabilty of good steak/ chicken):
Le Cellier
California Grill
Yachtsman

Others we really like (some of these are fancier than others):
Sci-Fi Dine-in (burgers and shakes but plenty of other good options and fun theming),
Shula's (does not take dining plan but one of the best meals we've ever had at Disney and top-notch, above and beyond service),
Hollywood Brown Derby
Cape May Cafe (a seafood buffet with plenty of options for non-seafood eaters)

This depends on a number of other factors (Price point? In park or not? Atmosphere (how nice/ fancy?). It's SO hard for me to pick just 3 restaurants!

My top 3 of all time (based on food quality, and consistently good service, and availabilty of good steak/ chicken):
Le Cellier
California Grill
Yachtsman

Others we really like (some of these are fancier than others):
Sci-Fi Dine-in (burgers and shakes but plenty of other good options and fun theming),
Shula's (does not take dining plan but one of the best meals we've ever had at Disney and top-notch, above and beyond service),
Hollywood Brown Derby
Cape May Cafe (a seafood buffet with plenty of options for non-seafood eaters)

I was wondering if Le Cellier was worth it or not. It's definitely been a consideration.
I'm not a buffet lover, but a seafood buffet sounds like heaven..
Off to check Cape May Cafe out.
Thanks, I know narrowing it down is hard but I appreciate the advice!

1. Le Cellier
2. Yak & Yeti
3. Raglan Road

I’m sure if we ever decide to give the other steakhouses on property a chance those would replace some of my list. I also really enjoy Sanaa. :-)

I was wondering if Le Cellier was worth it or not. It's definitely been a consideration.
I'm not a buffet lover, but a seafood buffet sounds like heaven..
Off to check Cape May Cafe out.
Thanks, I know narrowing it down is hard but I appreciate the advice!
I really don’t think you can go wrong with most of the selections anyone suggested.

We love a good steak dinner and make it a point to have one on each trip. Le Cellier consistently delivers, and we have a (not so) tiny obsession with the cheddar soup and pretzel bread as well. I could just have that as my entire meal and be happy (IF my husband lets me have a bite or two of his filet).

We are also not big buffet goers but we do love Cape May. Consistently fresh with a ton of selection (and surprisingly plenty of healthier options) and the service is so attentive you almost forget you’re getting up for your own food.

I'd pick:
Jiko
Ohana
The Wave

with La Trattoria and Yak and Yeti as runner ups

Breakfast:
Cali Grill brunch, 1900 Park Fare or Boma

These are my current picks. They change over time...very fluid, lol.
My kids are 22, 20 and 20 (almost...birthdays coming). They love: Ohana, Biergarten, Yak and Yeti, 50s Prime Time, Coral Reef...breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and Boma.

Last edited:
table service restaurants, which ones would you choose?
We are two women, traveling with our 14 year old sons, neither of which eat like 14 year old boys. One will definitely eat chicken and one would definite eat steak. We have the qs dining plan, but want to do a few nice dinners. We aren’t TOO budget conscious, but it’s a consideration.

Cali Grill, Flying Fish and Boathouse here.

I have two sons about the same age as yours and their favorites are California Grill, Hollywood Brown Derby, and Sanaa. They also enjoyed Cape May dinner.

My top choices:
California Grill Dinner
California Grill Brunch
The Boathouse
Narcoossee's

We are going to try Yachtsman and Jiko in August.

Prime Time is always fun the first time. Food not so good but my kids loved the theme and waitress pranks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!