If you had one resort to choose for an adults only trip....

tara595

Earning My Ears
My hubby and I are planning on doing a couples only (no kids!) 3 night trip this summer to celebrate our anniversary. We're on the fence about even going to the parks and will probably spend most of our time at the pool and eating!

our choices are:
AK - Kadani
Poly
Bay Lake Tower

I've never stayed at any of the above....please let me know your thoughts!

We own at BLT, I love location and closeness to all the other Deluxe Resorts and their amenities.

Did you consider Villas at the Grand Floridan?

We are going there this summer for the first time. College age kids plus, DH and me. Points were actually a little less to stay at VGF compared to BLT.

I'm a BLT owner, so am biased. However, to echo @bbn1122 , have you considered GFV? It's certainly more upscale than any of the others, with 3 fabulous restaurants, an incredible lobby with a orchestra or piano player, and afternoon tea.

I'm a BLT owner as well, but for just my wife and I would probably book Poly lake view. We'd probably enjoy that the most of those 3 options, but every couple is different! We're super casual types so GFV isn't really our thing.

For an adults only trip, I +1 VGF. DH and I are already planning to go back to Victoria & Albert's for our 25th anniversary dinner!

Unfortunately there isn't any availability for VGF - one day we'll get there!

Our first sans kiddo trip was also three nights and we stayed at BLT in a studio. Was a good time to try a BLT studio....just the two of us. So I suggest that.

Unfortunately there isn't any availability for VGF - one day we'll get there!

Ah, bummer! In that case, I think @lovin'fl is right - 2 adults is the perfect time to try a BLT studio. I have not stayed at Poly but I don't think you could go wrong there either. (Because you can walk to GF, lol) There are really no bad views from BLT, I am convinced.

Our first sans kiddo trip was also three nights and we stayed at BLT in a studio. Was a good time to try a BLT studio....just the two of us. So I suggest that.

All are good choices for a couple. I think BLT is a great resort especially if doing a park day at MK. In fact if later you will be taking family, I would definitely consider it. But for an anniversary, I would consider AKV Kidani Village or the Poly, especially if you can get a Poly lake view for the fireworks. At Kidani I would go with a savanna view and definitely would dine at Sanaa. I really think Kidani is a great resort to relax and to do things together.

For a non-park trip I would choose Kidani (savanna view). It's a beautiful resort and between Sanaa, Boma, and Jiko there are so many amazing dining options in the vicinity. There is a lot to do at the resort and there are great pools if you just want to relax. For something special they have the Wanyama Safari (which is pricier now than I remember) but it was a fantastic up-close safari tour and also includes dinner at Jiko.

The wife and I are heading to the Poly Villas in June for our 10th wedding anniversary, and first trip without our kids! We just booked it in January because we had some points free up, and we pretty much got hooked on Disney when we stayed at Poly Resort. That trip lead us to looking into DVC. O'Hana dinner is awesome and worth the trouble to get.

Any monorail resort is a great place to start because you can hop between GF, Contemporary, and Poly with all the different restaurants and lounges. We are going to the Cali Grill, O'Hana, Kona Cafe, and Narcoossee's.

Good Luck.

My vote would be for AKV, but I'm partial since I own there. But honestly, if I wasn't going into a park, I would not want to stay at BLT or Poly just because it would be so hard being so close to MK and not going in. My DH and I had thought about using a Southwest voucher to go for our anniversary this July. Since it was short notice, we found availability at SSR. That was the first DVC resort we stayed at back in 2008. I wasn't too impressed then, but I really considered it for this year due to the proximity to DS. I think SSR, OKW, and AKV are perfect for non-park trips.

We are staying two nights at BLT after a cruise as our first sans-kid trip.. Would recommend VGF too but am looking forward to the Theme Park view at BLT.

Not in your list, but for a resort only stay, I'd go for SSR. You have two feature pools, decent quick service onsite and some of the best dining options on property in DS. You'll also find some entertainment like the new virtual reality Star Wars experience and the Edison.

I’ve done all three and my order of preference would be:
Poly
BLT
AKL
We own at BLT and I love it but when we stayed at Poly, to me it had a more romantic vibe. Walking around at night with the tiki torches lit and then sitting on the beach to watch the fireworks was so nice. We also enjoyed taking the little boats out on the lake and having drinks at Trader Sams. Breakfast at Kona cafe is sooo good IMO and we enjoyed diner at O’hana. For our actual anniversary diner we ate at California Grill and that was A-maz-ing! Highly recommend that. Good luck!

One vote each for SSR and OKW. You can take the boats to Disney Springs where there is a lot of adult things to do.

Everyone will have a different pecking order, but there are no poor choices. Lots of good suggestions above, so I'll add mine to the pile.
Poly: Definitely romantic, sits on the monorail, newer rooms are nicely appointed
VWL: You didn't mention this one, but if you want laid back, quiet, and has romantic ambiance, this is a good bet. MK via boat or bus. Artist Point is a superb restaurant that is perfect for date night.
BLT: Though sleeker and less serene than either Poly or VWL, it's a wonderful resort full of good restaurants, shopping, the monorail, and of course, you can hop over to MK very easily should the mood strike you.
VGF: Since it's not available, it's a rather moot point; however, I do agree that it is a very nice, romantic resort for future reference.

Also for a later date:
HHI: Though not on the beach, it's near it, and it's easy to get to said beach. Loads of really good restaurants, night life, and things to do, and the CMs there are the friendliest we've encountered in our decade and a half of visiting nearly all the resorts.

Thank you for all the feedback! I've stayed at SSR twice (and I own there) so I'd like to try some place new. Right now we're leaning towards the Poly. I can pretend I'm in Hawaii and Ohana is one of my favorite restaurants on property.

I was going to initially say AK with number of good restaurants, but i think Poly would lend to a great time, being able to travel by monorail to multiple great restaurants, views of fireworks easily from TOWL or the beach, multiple bars to hop around to (trader sams seems really cool)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!