If You Knew Your Last Day at DLR Was Going To Be Your Last Day For A While...

deejdigsdis

DIS Veteran
What would you have done differently? Is there a ride you would have made sure not to miss? A treat you would have been sure to savor? A show you wouldn't have put off seeing another time...because there is always next time? Is there something you would have been sure to experience, given the Disneyland we have always known most likely won't be the one we return to?

My last visit was for 80s Nite on Jan 29th. I'm not going to count that trip for this question since I flew in from out of state just for the night. I got my 80s on and was all about Videopolis and didn't ride anything during the event. The next day I had about 5 or 6 hours of park time before leaving to catch my flight home, and I was all about securing a Boarding Group for RotR. (Got BG1!) The very last thing I did before I left the park was eat ice cream from Gibson Girl. Sitting on the Main Street "front porch," ice cream in hand, watching the Dapper Dans perform across the street was a pretty perfect "last day" ending that I cherish.

But back to my question. My last trip before the whirlwind overnighter was in November. I had a 5 day park hopper and was sure I would check all of my must-dos, but I didn't. If I knew that Saturday November 23rd was going to be my last day, I would have taken my 3 1/2 year old daughter over to Tom Sawyer's Island. I would have ridden the Mark Twain. Twice. I would have ridden "Singing Dolls" (aka It's a Small World) an 11th time, like my daughter wanted. (And breathed in that cinnamon smell more deeply!) I would have found another machine for her to press one more quarter. I would have tried harder to get a picture of her with Minnie. Not just tried harder. I would have gotten a picture of her with Minnie. I would have eaten dinner at Rancho del Zocalo. I would have stood by the Matterhorn for a few minutes and just listened. I would have tried to see every snowfall I could that night. I would have sat on a bench in Town Square after official park closing and stared at the tree, listening to Christmas music and drinking hot chocolate until it was time to exit.

Anyone else?

We took a quick weekend trip end of January / beginning of February to ride ROTR. We got our golden ticket on Saturday and got to ride. We got them again on Sunday but the ride was very late opening and we waited until about 1pm before calling it a day and heading home to AZ. If I had known, I would have waited longer. We were monitoring and our BG would have gotten on around 3pm that day.

Our last trip was 2 yrs ago. What would have I done differently? Not taking being able to go to Disneyland for granted. We were supposed to leave tomorrow morning. Thought I was going to take it in stride having to cancel...well now that things are so close I find myself both sad and angry in equal measures. I will of coarse get over it and start planning for when we can go but wow I am one unhappy person right now. I guess a life lesson on not taking anything for granted is paramount here.

My last time was last year from 12/10-18. I would have stayed until the park closed and just wandered through each land at night, and then spent time on Main Street just to enjoy the peacefulness once the major crowds are gone.

I cancelled my March trip this year, which would've had me departing on the last day the parks were open. I go back and forth about whether I would've should've could've taken that trip, but in the end, I probably would've been too paranoid about this unknown virus that I wouldn't have enjoyed myself much...especially once the news hit that the parks would be closing. So I am happy that my last time in the parks are full of wonderful holiday memories instead of germ paranoia.

My last time was last year from 12/10-18. I would have stayed until the park closed and just wandered through each land at night, and then spent time on Main Street just to enjoy the peacefulness once the major crowds are gone.

I cancelled my March trip this year, which would've had me departing on the last day the parks were open. I go back and forth about whether I would've should've could've taken that trip, but in the end, I probably would've been too paranoid about this unknown virus that I wouldn't have enjoyed myself much...especially once the news hit that the parks would be closing. So I am happy that my last time in the parks are full of wonderful holiday memories instead of germ paranoia.
Part of me wishes I had gone the day it closed. But like you said, paranoia. I am around my elderly grandparents a lot so I didn't want to bring anything to them. Plus I knew I would've been sad that the parks were closing. I still can't rewatch those videos of the cast members and characters saying bye. Too painful.

Part of me wishes I had gone the day it closed. But like you said, paranoia. I am around my elderly grandparents a lot so I didn't want to bring anything to them. Plus I knew I would've been sad that the parks were closing. I still can't rewatch those videos of the cast members and characters saying bye. Too painful.
Yeah...I could only manage watching the first 15-30 seconds and had to turn the video off. I would've been bawling if I was there, which isn't the last thing I would've wanted to experience.

My last visit was in February and I had to cut down my actual time there due to school. It was a 3 day visit, but I had school in San Diego 2 of those days. If I knew it was going to be my last visit for a very long time, I would have skipped class on the last day and spent the whole day at the parks.

Being local, I was fortunate enough to go on the last day it was open which was Friday 3/13. So I went knowing it would be the last time for a while. I usually get to the parks at 6-7 at night so I can't do every ride but I did get on quite a few. I ate some of my favs (classic corndog and the brownie sundae from Ghiradelli's). I saw all 3 night shows and I ended the night by taking a lap around the park on the DLRR and getting on Pirates before heading out. I did get to see all the characters in person waiving goodbye at the Main Street Station. It's something I'll never forget when it comes to the parks.

At the time I thought Disneyland would be closed for a month tops, but that was before we knew as much as we do about the whole situation. Now its getting closer to 2 months being closed with a June reopening being the most optimistic date.

My last full day in Disneyland was August last year. I have had a 2-day ticket burning a hole in my pocket since January of this year.

For me, I would make sure to ride at least Pirates and Haunted Mansion. I would stroll around New Orleans and grab a grilled cheese combo from Jolly Holiday. I would push myself to stay at least three hours instead of my normal two...=)

Last year I finally watched Frozen at the Hyperion. I still haven't ridden on Guardians, but maybe I'll walk the queue and take the chicken exit someday.

My last day in Disneyland was Tuesday July 2 2019

Honestly I don't think I would have done anything different on that day. I packed in so much and did some bucket list things, like Big Thunder Mountain in the dark during the 1st Fantasmic show and got Pilot on Smugglers Run.

Ending the day and the trip with the 2nd Fantasmic show after being in the parks since 7am , approx 16 hours is kinda as much as I could make my body do :)

There might be something I would have done different on my first day Sunday 30 June, but maybe in hindsight, it worked out better in the end :)

My last & first visit in Disneyland Anaheim was in 2014, next trip was going to be in August this year. So I'm going to use my last Disney visit, which was Disneyland Paris in January 2020, trips for March & May got cancelled. Summer trip to DL/WDW/DCL is cancelled by me. Fingers crossed my September trip to DLP will continue!

In January, we focused solely on the Winter entertainment. Had I known it was going to be my last trip in a long time, I would have done my favourite rides and just walked around more, make more video footage. Relax more.

Guys, I started watching this video and let me tell you, the tears were flowing. I want to be back there so bad. Look at all the happy people, just walking around.

Never will I take for granted the joy that walking down Main Street brings or the smell of PoC while waiting in line. Ever.

Stayed until closing.

I too was there on the last day. I’m a Flex Pass holder, and had already planned on going that day. The day before, all the news started coming in at once: Disneyland, Hamilton at Pantages, March Madness...closing/cancelled. My coworkers thought I was nuts for still going the next day.

I scanned into DL at 11:30 and still managed to get a ROTR backup BG (and later made it onto the ride!). I had a great day by myself (spent a lot of time enjoying a relatively empty Fantasyland). Had some Food & Wine snacks. Honestly thought the closing wouldn’t affect me as I didn’t have plans to go back for nearly a month (Tangled Tea during Easter weekend).
Here we are, and I’m kicking myself for not savoring every last minute. I went to dinner with friends the next night (after having gone to the movies that afternoon), and as we walked to our cars after I said “I think is the last normal weekend we will have for awhile.” Never thought awhile would mean this long!

Being local, I was fortunate enough to go on the last day it was open which was Friday 3/13. So I went knowing it would be the last time for a while. I usually get to the parks at 6-7 at night so I can't do every ride but I did get on quite a few. I ate some of my favs (classic corndog and the brownie sundae from Ghiradelli's). I saw all 3 night shows and I ended the night by taking a lap around the park on the DLRR and getting on Pirates before heading out. I did get to see all the characters in person waiving goodbye at the Main Street Station. It's something I'll never forget when it comes to the parks.

At the time I thought Disneyland would be closed for a month tops, but that was before we knew as much as we do about the whole situation. Now its getting closer to 2 months being closed with a June reopening being the most optimistic date.
Sounds like a nice last visit. My sister was there Mon - Wed that week. I remember her posting a picture on Instagram of the crowd in front of the Castle, with the caption being something along the lines of Coronavirus not keeping the crowds away. Little did we know what was in store.

My last full day in Disneyland was August last year. I have had a 2-day ticket burning a hole in my pocket since January of this year.

For me, I would make sure to ride at least Pirates and Haunted Mansion. I would stroll around New Orleans and grab a grilled cheese combo from Jolly Holiday. I would push myself to stay at least three hours instead of my normal two...=)

Last year I finally watched Frozen at the Hyperion. I still haven't ridden on Guardians, but maybe I'll walk the queue and take the chicken exit someday.
I love the grilled cheese combo from Jolly Holiday. I had it several times during my Nov trip. Never have made it to see Frozen. Someday.

My last & first visit in Disneyland Anaheim was in 2014, next trip was going to be in August this year. So I'm going to use my last Disney visit, which was Disneyland Paris in January 2020, trips for March & May got cancelled. Summer trip to DL/WDW/DCL is cancelled by me. Fingers crossed my September trip to DLP will continue!

In January, we focused solely on the Winter entertainment. Had I known it was going to be my last trip in a long time, I would have done my favourite rides and just walked around more, make more video footage. Relax more.

I would definitely have taken more videos as well. One of my favorite videos from my trip in November was taken at night. My 2 teenage sons were in one teacup, my husband and 3 year old daughter in another. It was "snowing" and White Christmas was playing. I would record them and their squeals (they almost had the ride to themselves) and then turn around and capture some of the snow falling. Back and forth. I remember thinking it doesn't get any better than this. Great memory! I have watched that video many times since.

Stayed until closing.

I too was there on the last day. I’m a Flex Pass holder, and had already planned on going that day. The day before, all the news started coming in at once: Disneyland, Hamilton at Pantages, March Madness...closing/cancelled. My coworkers thought I was nuts for still going the next day.

I scanned into DL at 11:30 and still managed to get a ROTR backup BG (and later made it onto the ride!). I had a great day by myself (spent a lot of time enjoying a relatively empty Fantasyland). Had some Food & Wine snacks. Honestly thought the closing wouldn’t affect me as I didn’t have plans to go back for nearly a month (Tangled Tea during Easter weekend).
Here we are, and I’m kicking myself for not savoring every last minute. I went to dinner with friends the next night (after having gone to the movies that afternoon), and as we walked to our cars after I said “I think is the last normal weekend we will have for awhile.” Never thought awhile would mean this long!
That was definitely a crazy week, with everything changing so quickly. Not DL related, but I remember picking up my 8th grade son from school and he was near tears as he told me March Madness was cancelled.

That's amazing you were able to ride RotR after scanning in that late!

My last trip was the weekend of the 29th of feb and honestly wouldn’t have done anything differently. We went for my daughters birthday. Had blue bayou for dinner Saturday night. Did Rise early Sunday morning and then enjoyed the rest of the day with everyone from my family who decided to join us that included pretty good viewing of the new parade.

I had like 3 of those cookies and creme Mickey macaroons from jolly holiday and a sundae from ghiradelli. At the time I thought I was being over the top with the dessert snacks but YOLO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter