If You Knew Your Last Day at DLR Was Going To Be Your Last Day For A While...

We were there March 6-8 just prior to the closure. It was already a bit nerveracking traveling and being out by that point, but this was our adults-only trip (F&W festival), and we really did not want to cancel. Since our daughter is 6, we were able to do everything that she's unable/unwilling to do at this point, and eat where we wanted to eat.

In hindsight, it was the perfect trip. We lingered quite a bit and took it in, but in my mind, Disneyland wouldn't close. If I had that knowledge, I would have frantically tried to squeeze more in... so it was probably better that I didn't know.

Prior to that, we were there January 10-13 with daughter in tow, and then prior to that, the epic Thanksgiving week 2019 storms. Both stays were on-park, and we did everything we wanted to do.

Okay I can think of something now... I wish I took more pictures. I made a conscious effort to stop taking pictures and just enjoy the moment, but during this drought I wish I took a little more. Sigh... grass is always greener.

My last trip was actually 3 weeks at Christmas at WDW and not DLR. We were planning on taking a year break after that trip so I really tried to take it all in. It was amazing and I keep watching the videoand pictures I took.

However, if I knew what I know now how things would be different I probably would have appreciated the fireworks a little more, and spent more time doing meet and greets with my kids. I would have hugged Mickey a little tighter!!

I spent 15 days in the parks, so I am so fortunate!!

On my last day I would have stocked up on as many rice crispy treats, and other Disney treats as I could that I could take home to help me get through this time.

On my last day I would have stocked up on as many rice crispy treats, and other Disney treats as I could that I could take home to help me get through this time.

We used to stock up on churro toffee until we discovered how easy it is to make at home, we would buy in bulk for our friends back home...so we made it, got feedback, and tweaked the recipe 2x until we nailed it! That stuff was like $6.99 a square IIRC.

We had a "last day" in the summer of 2014. We had been local APs for 5 years and were moving out of the area, about 7 hours away. That was a sad day because we didn't know when we'd be back, and our passes were going to expire before we could return. I don't remember it too well, but I know we got nachos at Whitewater Snacks (now Craftsman Grill) and rode some of our favorites. We also bought a nice, large Disneyland snow globe that is now on display in our living room.

We were back in December, about 5 months later. :laughing:

Our last trip was in October, and our last time in the parks was during OBB. That was such a fun night and I have nothing but great memories. I don't know if I would have done anything differently. Well, I would have had a Matterhorn macaroon on that trip! Somehow I never got around to it.

We had a "last day" in the summer of 2014. We had been local APs for 5 years and were moving out of the area, about 7 hours away. That was a sad day because we didn't know when we'd be back, and our passes were going to expire before we could return. I don't remember it too well, but I know we got nachos at Whitewater Snacks (now Craftsman Grill) and rode some of our favorites. We also bought a nice, large Disneyland snow globe that is now on display in our living room.

1 - Those nachos (carnitas) are gone =(
2 - 7 hours away is nothing!

1 - Those nachos (carnitas) are gone =(
2 - 7 hours away is nothing!

1 - Oh, I know! Good thing we had those a lot while they still existed!
2 - True! It’s just a lot further than being able to pop over to DLR for a couple hours on a Friday night. ;) When we were locals we lived between 20 min and an hour away at various times. But truth be told, I like visiting for vacations better. I still have weird memories of writing lesson plans on my phone in line for soarin’. :laughing: (I’m a teacher.) There’s more separation between real life and Disney this way!

1 - Oh, I know! Good thing we had those a lot while they still existed!
2 - True! It’s just a lot further than being able to pop over to DLR for a couple hours on a Friday night. ;) When we were locals we lived between 20 min and an hour away at various times. But truth be told, I like visiting for vacations better. I still have weird memories of writing lesson plans on my phone in line for soarin’. :laughing: (I’m a teacher.) There’s more separation between real life and Disney this way!

I feel you there :( we lived in south OC for 6 years in the 00s and it was the best 6 years of premium AP ever.

Show up, have a churro, ride space mountain 5x, go home.

I once went to DL to study for a final exam once...i literally sat in the hub in front of castle with a binder of organic chemistry notes. 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!