If you only had time for 1 Disney outlet which would you choose and Why?

crazyforpooh

<font color=FF6600>Proud American who loves her li
I would like to go to one of the outlets on our Christmas trip but don't want to spend my vacation shopping (Well I would but my DH wouldn't). I would like to buy some sweatshirts and stuffed animials. Which outlet would you go to? I would also like to go the the VF outlet we used to live near one and I would like to stock up on some things. Also does FL charge tax on clothing?

Thanks,

laura

The one closest to Downtown Disney (not Belz) because it's easiest to get to. It's also the newest and I found it much less crowded.

The 2 "Character Corner" stores at "Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores"gave me some of my cheapest finds,But for Varity in shirts Belz was better. We never got to the other one.

I would vote for LBV outlet store. It is very convenient to WDW
(maybe 5-10 minutes travel time). I found holiday sweatshirts for
adults and kids, loads of disney beanie baby stuff. The ones at
Belz do have greater variety, but take much longer to get to.

I like the one in St. Augustine the best. They seem to have better deals, and I went once andthey had a managers special where I got 10 or 15 % off my entire purchase. When I got into Orlando we stopped there as well thinking they would have the same sale, but no such luck. This only a good stop if your driving in off 95. It works great for us as we buy our stuff even before getting to Orlando andthe shopping over. It;s also right off the highway and is a good pitstop that lets us know we are almost there.

I would definitely choose Belz Outlet one, Character Warehouse...it is my favorite and I have always found great deals there! :)

By the way, yes Florida charges sales tax on clothes (and on just about EVERYTHING!)

I don't mean to sound stupid I have never been to the outlets. So I am totally uninformed and trying to get as much info as I can.

Do you have directions to Beltz?

From Disney to Belz, take I-4 East to exit 30A (Universal Studios). At the end of the ramp make a right, then get in the left lane. Make a left at the light (Wet & Wild is at this corner), this is I-Drive. Follow I-Drive for 2 or 3 miles until you see Belz Factory Outlets (not Designer Outlet). Character Premier is in mall one, Character Warehouse is in mall two.

http://www.belz.com/factory/locations/orlando/orlando_layout.html

Here's a site for the Premium Outlets:

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/location/orlando/orla.html

just got back from wdw
YES! we had to go to the belz outlet ,our 2 year old grand son was with us.
We saved a bundle, 99 cent x-mas oraments they sell for 8.99 in the park.mickey mouse ears for the baby,t-shirts for the baby beanies for the baby.glad i didn't have to pay full price.

I also want to hit vanity fair. What is the tax rate in FL for clothing coming from NH this is sometimes hard to swallow.

Laura

Thanks again for all you input.

Sales Tax is 6% and I think it includes everything. We're spoiled here in PA too, no tax on clothing or food groceries.

There is a Universal outlet store in Belz but since that's not on your short list ... VF is in the Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores so I'd go to the Orlando Premium Outlet for the Disney Character Premier. The 2 outlet centers are not that far from each other.
http://www.vffo.com/coupon.htm

Thank you. I guess I'm going to have to hit the Beltz outlet and Lake Beuna Vista too.

Oh well I don't really mind what women doesn't like to shop.

Laura

Belz is probably a 20 minute drive--you can skip Belz and just do Lake Buena Vista (VF) and Orlando Premium Outlets (Disney outlet).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter