If You See It: Eat It! Via Panama to Disneyland - Completed and Link to New Trip Report 2/24

Holy Moley. What a fantastic trip report! Thank you so much - you kept me entertained and gave great information.... THANK YOU!

I am doing that now. Enjoying it very much!

That's great to hear! Hope you will have a fantastic cruise!

Holy Moley. What a fantastic trip report! Thank you so much - you kept me entertained and gave great information.... THANK YOU!

Thank you very much!! I love doing the trip reports for myself to remember the vacation, but I also hope that others enjoy them and find them useful! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed reading it!

I can't remember why I ended up on the link to your trip report... but I'm so glad I did! I've been enjoying reading through your cruise report for the last couple of days. I realize this is more than a year old, but I still wanted to tell you how much I liked it. :) I have to be honest - cruising through the Panama Canal wasn't something I was interested in before, but now I am! Thanks for taking the time to tell everyone all about it.

Turning around:

DSC04356.jpg

DSC04357.jpg

View of the rocks from the other side:

DSC04359.jpg

In the next picture you can see that from this side the rocks look like a dragon lying in the water. Someone on the ship pointed this out.

DSC04378.jpg

Some big waves on this side:

DSC04382.jpg

At 4pm there was an opportunity for a group picture with the characters in their formal attire. While I had no interest in joining the very long line for this (and I was not dressed formally at all either), I watched and tried to get a picture of the characters:

DSC04390.jpg

From there it was pool time for me as well. Where I got a great drink of the day, a Blue Margarita:

DSC04392.jpg

Tonight’s show was the Crew Talent Show. On the very first day we had met a CM from the kids club who showed us an impressive card trick and he said that he would perform in the Crew Talent Show. Ever since then I had been intrigued about that show. But I was very torn about whether I wanted to go. I was feeling that time to just hang out on the ship and relax was coming to an end. In the end I kind of moved from hot tub to show within 5 minutes and just made it to the start of the show. And I was not wearing a wet bathing suit to the show!!!

The show turned out to be great fun! It started with Jimmy – once again – being fired by Captain Fabian (appearing on those screens to the side of the stage) and Dave, the Club Host was told to host the show instead. Of course Jimmy did not really let him take over the show. This added some real comedy. Also, most of the CMs appearing were really good. There were housekeepers, servers, officers. All kind of different people showcasing their talents. Once again I was impressed by the professional production of the show on a relative short notice. I was really happy that I went and I was very grateful to Michael who kind of made me go because he knew it was the type of cruise entertainment that I enjoyed!

Tonight was formal night and the night of the Officer’s Ball. I watched from above and thought it was really nice. The Captain and Minnie opened the ball and then all the officers danced with guests. Sorry for the blurry pic:

DSC04394.jpg

DSC04395.jpg

We really were not in a formal mood at all (and were not really sure whether we still fitted into our formal wear… That cruise motto was not good for our waist lines!). So we decided to head to Beach Blanket Buffet for dinner. Obviously a lot of other people had the same idea. We were greeted by a very stern CMs who told us that they did not have any tables and that it would be a 30 minute wait. I was rather hungry by then and was not happy. But going back to the room to get dressed was not really something I wanted to do either. So we sat at a table on the pool deck, just outside BBB. I was kind of upset because to me the CM had appeared to be rather unfriendly, as if we were imposing on her by wanting to eat at BBB. Michael did not think it was that bad. But to me she stuck out because she was one of the two CMs that were not totally friendly (the other one was the one who told me off for taking a picture of Sport Goofy on Panama Canal day).

It turned out to be only a 10 minute wait and we were led to our table. While we were at BBB we noticed quite a few tables chatting a lot with the CMs and saying very warm goodbyes (the next day was the last day of the cruise and BBB would not be open for dinner). It seemed that there were families who spent every evening eating in there! I found that interesting.

Here was tonight’s menu for BBB:

DSC04396.jpg

The menu at BBB kind of follows the menu of the day, but there are also some differences. There is a salad bar and there is always a special steak from the grill.

I had the aged prosciutto as a appetizer:

DSC04398.jpg

But Michael chose the salad bar:

DSC04399.jpg

I only have one picture of a main course:

DSC04402.jpg

It is the Fettuccine with Parmesan crusted chicken. So I guess we both had it. I know that I ate it and it was very good!

We also got desserts, I had something warm with chocolate which was very very good:

DSC04403.jpg

And Michael had a crème brulee which he liked a lot as well:

DSC04405.jpg

After the initial feeling of not being welcomed, we had a very nice meal and good service. And even the hostess came over later on and turned out to be very nice.

We walked around the ship a little while and then finally decided to get the package of 10 digital prints from Shutters. They had an offer that if you purchased a package you could get a black frame with two stock pictures for a small additional amount. We ended up buying two of those, one for each of us. Unfortunately we had bought a picture of the Wonder in the Panama Canal already, now we got a second one (you had the free choice of any ship picture either in the Canal or just a standard ship picture) and a character picture. I love the character picture, but the one of the Wonder in the Panama Canal is great, too!

A few last pictures:

DSC04407.jpg

DSC04411.jpg

DSC04412.jpg

DSC04413.jpg

And then it was time for bed:

DSC04408.jpg

At least we got another bonus hour that night!

Up Next: Exciting Sea Life
Great trip report. We go on this cruise next year. Just one question? Why not wear what you wanted to to regular MDR on formal night? It's not a requirement.

JW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter