If you vacation often at the same place

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
How do you avoid the rut of just eating again and again at your favorite places ? I get you like them and want to return but Im finding it hard to put new things n the rotation

We're usually gone for around 5-7 days, 2 meals out per day, gives us 10-14 opportunities to try new things plus eat our faves! We typically don't repeat restaraunts during the week.

I love trying new things, so that keeps me on my toes, and out of a rut. My husband, on the other hand, would be perfectly happy to stick exclusively to his favorites, so we balance one another out.

How often is often?
I mean i seem to be going to Disney World twice a year in the last few years and sometimes eat at the same place more than once oin one trip. I don't feel like its a "rut" since I am not going on a weekly or even monthly basis.

I have never felt in a rut, we like “traditions”
For us we like returning to our favourites wherever they are.

If I don't eat at Goofy's at least once then I'm not really at Disneyland.

You know they got me. I had just said after the last trip to Ariels Grotto that we didnt need to blow that kind of money on it again, so they close it and now I know there will be a new princess meal and I am going to have to try it....
Goofy's on the other hand we had an absolutely terrible experience and I havent been able to convince DH to give it another try

You know they got me. I had just said after the last trip to Ariels Grotto that we didnt need to blow that kind of money on it again, so they close it and now I know there will be a new princess meal and I am going to have to try it....
Goofy's on the other hand we had an absolutely terrible experience and I havent been able to convince DH to give it another try
We've never tried AG because my DD loathes everything princess. I kind of think it's a waste of money - and how many pics with characters does one really need? But eating at Goofy's has now become a tradition on arrival day or first day. It could be worse. The kids could have sucked me into Capt. Kids again. Spewfest.

You’re posting this on a board that has people with nine tickers at a time going LOL

Where people get upset by the fact the napkins have changed lol

Where people get upset that their chicken salad has one less piece of chicken than the salad they ate last month, on their last trip lol

This is the wrong place to ask about change.

You’re posting this on a board that has people with nine tickers at a time going LOL

Where people get upset by the fact the napkins have changed lol

Where people get upset that their chicken salad has one less piece of chicken than the salad they ate last month, on their last trip lol

This is the wrong place to ask about change.
And FP don't forget about FP :rotfl2:

I kind of think it's a waste of money

Just because of when flight deals are on/school schedule we have ended up there for middle DDs bday 3 times. She has wanted Ariels as her special birthday meal. Last trip DH looked at the bill and said this is what our entire weeks groceries cost us and thats what made me think i'm done. It is good and I am glad we did it, just for that kind of money not something I wanted to continue to do every trip. However as I said if there is a new princess meal I am likely to get suckered in once just to try it.

And FP don't forget about FP :rotfl2:

And those damn mugs with a chip that aren’t even resort specific anymore. I spend a LOT on my vacation and I expect it to be perfect *stomps foot*

Don’t make me ask to speak to your manager.

We go to a resort every summer. All meals are included, in their dining room, so no decisions about where to eat. Of course, they have a menu with many choices, but what happens is, they'll have some of the same things throughout the week--for example, prime rib might be on there Sundays and Thursdays. They offer soup, appetizers, and salad served family style (4-5 different types of salad throughout the week). You COULD pick the same entree twice in a week, and sometimes one of us does that. The younger kids, for sure--they don't have a separate kids menu, but have a few kid-like entrees--chicken fingers, hamburger, etc. My younger two could have pasta every meal, and on vacation, sometimes they do!

Breakfast and lunch are buffet, so you can mix it up as much or as little as you like. They have a salad bar, sandwich fixings, and 3-4 hot entree choices. Breakfast is similar, but with breakfast-y choices.

We do a lot of Disney Cruise Line vacations, I always try to have something new at dinner in The main dining rooms, but most of the time I change my mind before the server comes.

We are doing New York City in January for our anniversary, we have been there a number of times since 2004. We are trying to do all new restaurants this time. Its hard thought, when that favorite place is right there "calling your name".

We go to both US Disney parks a lot. We have our favorites and go to those every trip or every other trip and then also try new ones.
Cruising, I do get in a rut because I am picky.
The other places we go, we often go to places we know, but do try new ones too
So.....a mixture

We try to rotate old and new options until we are tired of some and vow to scratch them off of our lists for a period of time. There are some restaurants at WDW and DLR that we now avoid either for price, low food quality, or tiredness that were once staples of every trip.

the whole point of going on the same vacation is knowing the places you want to go to. I always like a place better the second time

We go to WDW at least once a year and have been going for over 30 years and I can say we try new places to eat at least 80% of every trip. There are just too many options so that is easy. We also do one new experience every trip, we do ride old favorite rides but always try something new every single trip. There is a resort on Jekyll Island, the Jekyll Island Club, that is my go to for solo long weekend trips. I do tend to eat at the same places there but just because I like staying on property because it's so pretty and safe. Luckily the have a number of restaurants there and while I have eaten at them a number of times, I don't think I've ever had the same meal. I do tend to do the same thing every trip, take the tour even though I've done it countless times, go to the beach, walk around the grounds, etc. but I go there to relax so I tend to spend a lot of time just sitting outside and reading or just walking around. When we go diving we always try to go some place new but we do have some old favorites that we go to if we haven't been diving in a while, just because the familiar is good if you are a tad rusty. My honey isn't very good with the new and different so it works for him. If I'm travelling alone or with my son, we try new things.

The only place we generally return to often is my MIL's house down in Fort Myers. We have a couple standby restaurants down there, but try to find something new from time to time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter