Iger gets new 5-year deal

nikjd68

Mouseketeer
via wsj.com

The Walt Disney Co. has signed Chief Executive Robert A. Iger to a new five-year contract.

Mr. Iger's previous contract would have expired Sept. 30, 2010.

The new contract, which ends Jan. 31, 2013, raises the CEO's minimum bonus to $10 million from $7.25 million and grants him an option on 3 million shares, according to a filing Friday with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The value of Mr. Iger's long-term ...

Thats great news... I think by in large he has done a good job.

Dennis-

via wsj.com

The Walt Disney Co. has signed Chief Executive Robert A. Iger to a new five-year contract.

Mr. Iger's previous contract would have expired Sept. 30, 2010.

The new contract, which ends Jan. 31, 2013, raises the CEO's minimum bonus to $10 million from $7.25 million and grants him an option on 3 million shares, according to a filing Friday with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The value of Mr. Iger's long-term ...

Hmmmmm I don't know if I'm happy or not about that. The last couple of years has seen Disney make several decisions I didn't care for. The latest being the holiday surcharge for the whole month of June . :sad2: They got people hooked on the dining plan and then cheapened it this year so that if you are paying for it and not getting it for free it isn't a value at all and there was that mess with the cruises last year and the extra fee they wanted after people had booked them . I don't like that new development they have going up on their property will contain more hotels not run by them. I would much rather see them put in some new resorts themselves.

That's just me and I may be completely wrong, that has been know to happen ;) Just ask my DH. I guess we will have to see what the next 5 years bring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter