Illinois I-Pass compatible with Sun Pass yet?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
We have an Illinois Ipass which is linked to the EZ Pass system. Is it compatible in Florida yet or do we still need to purchase a Sun Pass? Our last trip we were told that they would all be linked soon but I cant seem to find anything recent when googling. Are there any tricks to reuse the $4.99 mini card? Thanks!!

Mini card is not resuable as clearly stated on the web page - that's why you want the $20 version

Installing SunPass Mini Sticker Transponder
The SunPass Mini Sticker Transponder cannot be hand-held or moved from car to car. It must be permanently mounted to the inside of the windshield or it won’t work, because the windshield acts as an antenna. Once removed, the Mini will no longer function and cannot be reattached to the windshield.

https://www.sunpass.com/sunPassInstallation

Orlando Toll System announced that they would be accepting EZ-PASS 'this spring' but I've not seen an exact date yet.

• November 9, 2017

The E-ZPass Group, a consortium of toll roads and bridges across the eastern United States, announced today that the Central Florida Expressway Authority (CFX) will be the first toll agency in Florida to accept E-ZPass for payment of tolls on designated Florida toll roads owned and operated by CFX in the Metro Orlando region.

Beginning in early Spring 2018, the more than 35 million E-ZPass customers in 16 states — from Maine to North Carolina and west through Illinois — will experience the convenience of nonstop travel in Metro Orlando without fumbling for change at toll gantries.

Note - this applies to "CFX" toll roads only: "Central Florida Expressway Authority" operates the toll roads in the greater Orlando area that are NOT part of the state turnpike system. "The Central Florida Expressway Authority (CFX) operates a 118-mile system of expressways in Metro Orlando while serving Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties."

https://www.cfxway.com/

Last edited:
You can re-use the sticker if it’s in the same car that you took last time. I got it for my trip last year and will use it again this year as I still have the same vehicle and the sticker hasn’t been moved.

that would be considered a single use ... so long as you kept the account open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!