I'm Just Here For Brunch: A 16 Day DR *Update 8/3

Can't wait to hear more!! You always have the best TRs and I can't imagine that many days at Disney!!

I'm first in! Sorry your trip down was so miserable, but OKW is such a great resort. Looking forward to all of your reviews!

Yessssssss!!!!! As bad as the drive was, you forget pretty quickly once you reach the resort. It all becomes worth it very quickly.

I’m in for the ride!

Yay!!! Thanks for joining in as always! :goodvibes

Great start, follow along

Thanks for following! :goodvibes
Best day ever!!! I have been waiting, not so patiently, for one of your trip report!:cool1:

Woo hoo!!! Thanks for hanging in there waiting for me to get started! :jumping1:

Yay I’ve been waiting! Stalking you on Instagram only holds one over for so long!

:rotfl2: Yay! Let's get this DR rolling!

Woooohoo! I am here for 15 nights of food reviews.

We’re thinking of squeezing in one more 5 or 6 night trip before our APs run out, probably in the fall for MNSSHP, and we’re thinking about staying at OKW. I just love the laid back vibe! And you can’t beat the low points. Adding that drink to my to-do list.

Can’t wait to hear more!

Hey there! :goodvibes Yeah, the low points were what got us this time. Well, that and availability. It's definitely a nice vibe there. I would love to get back in the fall but I have been burning through my vacation days to start the year, so we'll see. I hope you get to go for all the Halloween/F&W fun!

Can't wait to see all the places you will go to eat!

Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes We had some good stuff this trip. Lots of new places too!

Love your reports! Definitely following along.

Thanks you! :goodvibes Glad you are joining in with me again!

Following along! Love your reviews!

Woo hoo!!! Thank you so much! :goodvibes

I'm following along! Sounds like a rough start with that drive but that dinner looked great!

Welcome! :goodvibes It really was a tough start to the trip. WDW is the only thing worth making that drive for. :laughing:

So excited to see and read more of your trip report! Love food pics!!

Yay!!! Welcome back! :goodvibes

Following!

Awesome! Welcome! :goodvibes

Glad you guys had a chance to get to WDW. Looking forward to following along.

Me too! I needed this trip, let me tell you. Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes

I don’t know how you two do this drive! But so glad you did so we get another dining report! I’ve only stayed at OKW once but remember the bar as a really cool spot.

:laughing: I don't know either. I swore off driving after this trip. His butt is getting on a plane or we are saving up for the train every trip from now on. Between the drive down and the fact that a sheet of plastic blowing off the road and blanketing the car could have killed us on the way home, I'm done. Done, done, done.

Joining in, excited to hear about your dining adventures. That was a brutal drive, I would have had some sort of meltdown I’m sure. We can’t even handle our drive from Kentucky straight through...

Yay!!! Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes I am so ready to be done with driving. It's nice to have our car when we get there, but after 13 years of this drive, I'm over it. :laughing:

Excited for this review!!

Awesome! Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes

Looking forward to your review. We were there 1/21-2/1 and it was cold most of those days.

Sorry to hear the problems with your new home. Oh, the joys of being a homeowner!

Thank you! Yeah it was pretty chilly most of the day we were there. I love beating the heat though, so I'll take it!

I appreciate that. What a nightmare. :laughing: Yeah it's been real. I need it to settle down for a bit. I need nothing to break for at least like, five years. Yeah right! :laughing:

Love a dining report from Jeri! Those nachos and burger looks so good, I’m really hungry right now, haha!

Glad you made it and now could relax and enjoy Disney!

Woo hoo! Thank you! :goodvibes I could definitely go for those nachos right about now.

So excited!!!

:cool1: Yay! Welcome welcome!

After a looooooong night of sleep to shake of that drive, we were up and ready pretty early the next day. We were waiting to have our first brunch of the trip once my SIL's plane arrived. We needed to pick up our new APs and our TiW card, so we decided to head over to Disney Springs a little early.

I loved all the cute runDisney signs that were around for the marathon weekend.

Thankfully we did get to DS and went to Guest Relations early because it got packed pretty quick. After a short wait we had our fresh APs and TiW card in hand. I am ready for the parks and my discounts now!

We walked around and did a little shopping. I had gift cards from Christmas burning a hole in my pocket. :laughing:

My first day tradition is to stop at Basin and get bath bombs and Mickey soap for theatric. I grabbed a couple for home too. I'm wishing I had grabbed more.

The day was absolutely beautiful. Perfect, perfect weather.

All that shopping and walking was already building up an appetite. I decided I needed my first Sprinkles cupcake of the trip.

Yummmmmmmmmm! I love Sprinkles. It has become my new go-to location for sweets. This red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting is perfect. I am fussy about red velvet and these are the best I've ever had. I highly recommend Sprinkles if you have never been there.

To kill some time we took the boat back to OKW, hopped off and got some water and then hopped back on again and that's when my SIL called us to tell us she was at the resort and on her way to meet us for brunch.

Our first brunch destination is a newly discovered favorite. Raglan Road!

We had to wait for my SIL to be seated (a restaurant pet peeve of mine), but she was there pretty soon after us and only about 5 minutes after our reservation time.

On a side note, I had to reallllllly mess with our ADRs and Fastpasses after booking everything. I told my SIL to come with us MLK weekend and she took the wrong weekend off. :( It worked out well, but things were definitely a bit chaotic to change and Fastpasses were kind of off this trip. But no biggie!

Anyway, we were seated in a seat we had last trip as well. Over in the bar area, back against the window. It's far from the entertainment they have going on in the afternoon for brunch, but it's very comfy and cozy back here.

We discovered last year that Raglan has an outstanding brunch. We are big brunch people. We go out for brunch every weekend at home, so we are digging the Disney brunch options.

Raglan Road starts early for brunch, which is a plus. It runs from 9am-3pm. I believe the entertainment does not start until noon though. They have most if not all of the same items they typically have for lunch, plus some nice breakfasty options.

We all started with drinks. Rob had a traditional Irish coffee. Hot coffee, whiskey, sugar and cream. He really enjoys their Irish coffee.

Lindsay and I both got the Iced Irish. Paddy's Irish Whiskey, butterscotch schnapps and Baileys Salted Caramel with iced coffee topped with whipped cream.

Sounds amazing right? Nope. Not for me anyway. It just tasted like black coffee. I tasted no schnapps or Baileys. But, Rob finished my drink and loved it and Lindsay loved it because it wasn't seen. So I guess it all depends on how you like your coffee, because they are both black coffee drinkers and I need lots of flavored creamer. :laughing: If you like a strong coffee flavor, this is your drink. If you are a sweet coffee drinker, it is not.

They also start you off with their delicious Irish brown bread and Guinness dipping sauce which is nice and sweet. This is always delicious.

For our entrees I went away from my usual favorite here and got the Crab Attitude. Handpicked Jonah crab benedict, soft poached eggs, wilted spinach on a toasted English muffin with a harissa spiced hollandaise.

This was good, but not my favorite. There was a flavor in this dish that was off-putting. At first I thought it was the harissa, but I'm pretty sure it was the crab. I ate it, but I was wishing I went with the Eggs en Cocotte I love here.

Rob got his favorite, the Hipsters Lament. Smashed avocado, Irish bacon and poached eggs on sourdough with chive butter.

He is not one to order the same thing over and over again, but he always gets this here. It is one of his favorite brunch dishes ever.

He also got the Four Provinces Flight. Guinness, Smithwicks, Harp and Kilkenny.

Lindsay got the Rib O. Braised short rib and thyme marinated mushroom omelette with spinach and porter cheddar cheese sauce.

She really liked this. She cannot eat huge portions though, so a lot of this went to Rob. :laughing: He really liked it and once you cut into this there was a ton of short rib. You definitely get the bang for your buck with this dish.

Even though my meal wasn't my favorite, I still enjoyed brunch here and learned to stick to the Eggs en Cocotte. :laughing: Everyone else really enjoyed their meal and drinks. Our server was great. She told us the funniest story about brunching a bit too hard and leaving her hubby a note to inform him of her drunken state which he promptly posted on Facebook. She had us cracking up.

Up next, a first for us at Tutto Gusto!

We're doing brunch at RR for the first time next month and your reviews have us very excited! We had a hard time deciding between RR and Homecomin' though. Have y'all done brunch at Homecomin'?

Sorry you didn’t like the Iced Irish! I’ve had that before and enjoyed it.

I get wanting to branch out from favorites but I totally understand longing for what you know you love which is why I usually get the Kiss Before Shrimp!

Following along. Love OKW, but always stay near the Hospitality House for easy access to the Gurgling Suitcase :rolleyes1

Loving the trip report so far!
So excited to get there in 45 days!

Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to reading more!

Following along! I'm afraid reading your reviews are going to make me change all of my April reservations.

:thanks:So glad you are starting your food report!!! Your Instagram pics got me excited for the real thing. No more teases. Now we get it all!

Great first review. Haven’t seen many reviews if Raglan Road brunch.
We always have big plans for arrival day and then basically end up eating and sleeping too :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter