Delete Thread

I was annoyed because we were missing breakfast and getting to MK early, and I knew once this was settled our plans would probably have to change.
Ugh, I hate when this kind of unexpected inconvenience happens, through no fault of your own. What a giant pain in the you-know-what :sad2:

But as I was dealing with this we did walk by a CM handing out cookies:
Well thank goodnesss for that at least!

Which I loved! (And it was made even better by the little kid in back of me that was so excited he screamed yeehaw the whole time).
Awww, how cute! Yeah, the Country Bears are cute - I don't see the show every trip, but I think I'm about due for a stop in August ;)

Your ride photos from 7DMT are cute.
I can't believe after all that time at WL and they didn't call over to AKL >:(
Worth the wait though your room and view are gorgeous. I like the lower floors because you are closer to the animals.
We're the same way when standing on the bus no center of gravity :sad2: I have the same problem on the fake-o-rail at MCO especially trying to hold onto a carry on bag and purse. Unless I can lean against something I'm weaving and stumbling all over the place :o :rotfl:

Day 3, Part 1-"Brunch Clothes"

We started our day out getting ready to go to the California Grill brunch.

PjjaInpl.jpg

We called an Uber, and I decided though we had been on Disney property already that this was still the first "entering Disney" picture of the trip because we hadn't gone by the arch yet.

View attachment 245830

Then our Uber driver got lost....first he tried to take us to Epcot (he did confirm where we were going when picking us up and had GPS on so I was puzzled by this), and then he went past the Contemporary and we ended up behind Space Mt. We made it in time to dash up the stairs to the California Grill and check in. Here's the pictures of us and the view that weren't in my DTR:

nIhDTcIl.jpg

(Cali Grill selfies)

9ALPJ0Gl.jpg

r6dz9xdl.jpg

uWVyBYWl.jpg

tmQz5Yil.jpg

rvRL4XQl.jpg

(Look Splash Mt!)

Food review here:
Cali Grill Brunch Review

I'm going to post a vlog review too tomorrow over on my DTR!

After brunch we changed out of our nice "brunch clothes", (so fancy sounding) :rotfl:

lU7FG9pl.gif

and headed to Epcot on the monorail! In all the times we've been here we've never taken the monorail to Epcot. Isn't that crazy?

gDQ2glHl.jpg

Josh claims to be unaware it ran through the park despite being able to see it every time we go. :confused: Our first real view of Flower and Garden outside pictures was on the monorail, and we both said "wow!"

u36SZxUl.jpg

We didn't really have time to stop and take anything in right then though since we had headed over to meet @chunkymonkey and her husband before they left on ME that afternoon. Though I did take pictures on the way in of course.

OrtFc3Zl.jpg

OAirNhOl.jpg

(My attempt at taking one in front of this was an absolute failure).

We met them at the entry to the World Showcase, where we chatted and took some pictures.

pPRKcRXl.jpg

It was great to see them! Hopefully we'll run into each other on another trip in the future when we have more overlapping days.

After we parted ways, I decided our mission was to get to Florida Fresh because I wanted to try a cucumber/watermelon slush, and if you read my DTR you're with me in wondering HOW WAS I STILL HUNGRY THIS MORNING?

giPnr9kl.gif

(I usually feel like I have less of an appetite on vacation probably from walking around in the heat but not today!) Because I also wanted the carne asada. But on the way (by on the way I mean a few steps into the WS). I saw that Donald was meeting in Mexico. The line is always so long for this, but it wasn't this day so we jumped in. (I did look in La Cava for a margarita but the line was too long for me). This day was full of getting sidetracked as we hadn't planned to be at Epcot for long, but I found myself just kind of doing things we were near just because, and because we didn't have any plans until later anyway.

View attachment 245835
(Sadly, we didn't even ride this because Josh doesn't really like this ride).

View attachment 245836

Yes I know, crazy!

Donald Meet & Greet time!

3TxhH8Wl.jpg

uaYkuvUl.jpg

xZ2XdwRl.jpg

Pjemmdsl.jpg

B4Jqsf8l.jpg

Just now joining in for the TR. I'm only half way through but looking forward to the rest. Excited about our first visit to CG for brunch (love your pics) and looking forward to my first FWF in Sept. But your TR now has me figuring out a way to make a May trip work in the future for FGF!

He also suggested if we heard construction noise instead of coming down we could call the front desk, but I have a feeling coming down in person was the quickest way to get a solution. And if I called they might just have brushed it off.

You were smart to go down in person. :thumbsup2Never call from your room phone at WDW when you're having a problem. Many guests think they're calling the front desk (which is a reasonable assumption everywhere else but WDW.)

Calls from your room are actually routed to a mass call center outside the hotel itself and waste your time - it's one giant runaround. Before I knew this, I tried calling to get a room changed once because it was in a really bad noisy spot and all they kept doing was putting me on loooong holds and coming back to say "nothing else available" and trying to get me to give up.

My husband told me to hang up and he went to the front desk. Plenty of rooms available and they were glad to switch us - took a few minutes.

That guy was just trying to get rid of you and knew that if you called, no one at the front desk would have to deal with it. :mad:

EDITED: was thinking about this and maybe it's just the values that route in-room phones to call center? Don't want to spread misinfo. o_O Was staying at All Star Music that trip.

Last edited:
It's my birthday today! :cake:

VatN45m.gif

Yay! Happy belated birthday!

Mine seemed to be working this time and I won! I think we're now 2-1 with me in the lead for shooting games this trip. (The other 1-1 was from Men In Black at USO).

I take Buzz so seriously. When I get a gun that doesn't work I'm super angry about it. Haha

Next we headed to Carousel of Progress which we haven't watched since our first trip. I just love it so much, it's such a great piece of Disney history, and I sing between every scene :rotfl:

I love CoP! Nathan's never done it, but I'm determined to get him there this summer. :)

On the way out I found the purple wall!

Also a goal for this summer! I need a purple wall picture!...even though it'll be August and I guarantee I'll be too sweaty to take a decent selfie.

Oh as for the weird place I got sunburn this day....I got sunburned on my wrists.

How the heck!? That's hilarious. Like you, I also have a good track record for not burning on vacation. I go crazy with sunscreen though since I'm so fair.

I don't believe we had gotten a text because they told us they would set things up over at the WL, and they would just have everything ready when we got to AKL. Truthfully, I thought that sounded too good to be true and wished they gave us more info at the WL desk. Because when we got to AKL they had no idea what we were talking about!

J1cnA6Kl.jpg

A CM called over to WL and they sorted it out eventually, but it was kind of annoying that after all that the lady working at the WL couldn't even be bothered to call AKL and let them know we were coming.

What the!??? This is crazy. They didn't even warn them you were coming. Like woah.

It's my birthday today! :cake:

VatN45m.gif

Yayyy!!! Happy Birthday!!!

Did you even ride the Peoplemover if you didn't put your feet up and take a picture?

:cheer2:My Obsession with this ride and CoP is so real :rotfl2:

Yes definitely a nice savannah view! We were pretty high up last time, and this room was a little lower so we were closer to the animals.

atsUIQDl.jpg

Ahhh you are making me want to stay at AKL in the worst way! Such an amazing view!!

Day 5 Vlog-Wilderness Lodge Issues & Magic Kingdom

Sorry! This vlog has been deleted.

Last edited:
I would have been so frustrated! You can tell in the vlog that you're trying to be polite and reasonable and everything, but you're rightfully pretty ticked off. But good that you got moved and could salvage your day at MK!

Day 5 Vlog-Wilderness Lodge Issues & Magic Kingdom

The vlog for Day 5 is going to be all in one. Later that night we went to dinner, and that's going to be it's own food review vlog. Skip to 3.30 if you don't want to hear my WL rant and or if my lack of makeup scares you away. :rotfl: But if you do watch that part, it's better than any story because it's exactly how I felt that day. I'm calling it a rant, but it's pretty polite for someone who was woken up early. Oh and listen in the clip following it because you can actually hear the construction the entire time in that one. Though I think it was a reasonable time then, but that's what we were hearing at 7:30 am too. I guess PG-13 again for mention on how the Country Bears are also a little scandalous like the deer :laughing:

Can't wait till works over :surfweb: and I can watch your latest vlog :goodvibes

Wow what a day!! I think I'd be a bit cranky too! That is so annoying that you go to WL and they didn't have a clue. Ugh. I'm glad it got sorted eventually but still annoying. I want a jug of lemonade now lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!