I'm Not Really Harry Potter, But I AM the Rebel Spy! Oct 2016 TR *COMPLETE + New TR Link 8/6

Day 6 Continued: Thursday October 13th

When I left off, we had just enjoyed another great breakfast with Winnie the Pooh & Friends at Crystal Palace, and were ready to head into MK for some fun!

Oct 06-066
by disneymom1024, on Flickr
We decided to head over to New Fantasyland first and see Enchanted Tales with Belle before the line got too crazy. Actually, as I kept working on this update, I think this was maybe our first FP+ for the day… I didn’t put in my notes if it was this or the next thing we did that was our first FP+.

Before long, we were headed into Maurice’s workshop.

Oct 06-071

I don’t care how many times I’ve seen it, the enchanted mirror is still one of the most amazing things I have seen! No matter how closely I watch, I still can’t figure out exactly how it’s done, and I don’t really want to know either. I love that it just feels like pure magic.

Oct 06-072

Oct 06-073

Oct 06-074
DS didn’t volunteer for any of the real roles in the show, but did take on the role of a plate at the end when they were handing out parts to any other kids that wanted one.

Oct 06-075

And then it was time to surprise Belle in her library!

Then we decided to head over to Barnstormer while trying to get DD to fall asleep, because she was showing signs of being tired.

Oct 06-082

Oct 06-083

Oct 06-084
DH took DS onto Barnstormer first, then I took him.

Oct 06-085

Untitled

Oct 06-087

By the time we finished on the ride, DD was asleep in the carrier. Our next FP+ was for Under the Sea, and I was able to get on MDE to move the time up to where we could use it immediately, so we went over to do that.

Oct 06-088

Oct 06-089

Oct 06-090

Oct 06-091

Oct 06-092

Oct 06-093

Oct 06-094
I used to tease DH that he always takes a picture of this fish on this ride, so now I think he has taken that on as a challenge and makes sure to get a picture of it!

Oct 06-095
While in line for Under the Sea, we had been able to move up our next FP+ for Dumbo. Until we could go use it, we decided to make a pass through Big Top Souvenirs. They had these cute little plush toys that we ended up getting for the kids. For DS, it was a plush train with a small Mickey and Pluto plush inside, and for DD, it was a plush castle with Minnie and Daisy inside. I usually hate getting them more plushes because we have SO. MANY. STUFFED. ANIMALS. In our house, but these were cute enough that when DS asked for one, I was okay with it.

DD had woken up, and we still had some time before using the Dumbo FP+, so we checked the wait time at Pete’s Silly Sideshow. Goofy & Donald didn’t have a long wait so we hopped in line for them.

Oct 06-096

Oct 06-097

Oct 06-098

Oct 06-099
We dared enter!

Oct 06-100

Continued in next post...

Reactions: DLo

Up first in our Silly Sideshow Adventure was meeting the Great Goofini! DD was so excited to see them in the queue, holding her hands out for them to hold her and everything. But again, she clammed up when it was actually our turn to go up at meet them.

Oct 06-101

DS has never shied away from characters though, so he ran right up for a hug.

Oct 06-103

Oct 06-105

Oct 06-106

Oct 06-107
The Photopass versions came out nice too.

After a fun meet with Goofini, it was time to meet the Astonishing Donaldo.

Oct 06-108

Oct 06-109

And the Photopass versions from Donald. He went over a little better with DD.

When we stepped outside, we were treated to the sounds of the Main Street Philharmonic playing Under the Sea! DD thought that was great fun, and did that cute little baby dancing where they just kind of squat and bounce lol.

Oct 06-112

Oct 06-114

UP NEXT: More Fantasyland Fun!

Reactions: DLo
Great morning in MK! We LOVE Big Top Souvenirs as well, between the cool merchandise, the delicious treats, and the best smell in all of Disney World we love going in there. Of course that means dropping cash in there too!

You had some great meets with Goofy and Donald at Pete's. We love those meets too and a bonus is that it is always so nice and cold in that tent! They have good air conditioners back there!

I don’t care how many times I’ve seen it, the enchanted mirror is still one of the most amazing things I have seen! No matter how closely I watch, I still can’t figure out exactly how it’s done, and I don’t really want to know either. I love that it just feels like pure magic.

I agree! This is amazing!

32001430926_88a0f7dc51_c.jpg

Looks like fun!!

Oh poor little DD! She looks a little unhappy with Goofini. Lovely family photo though!

What a great morning in New Fantasyland/Storybook Circus!

Cute pics with Goofy/Donald! I love how DD looks SO sad with Goofy and then is side eyeing Donald! :rotfl:

I know! They really did an awesome job on that thing. No seams or anything to really give it away. Very impressive.

I usually hate getting them more plushes because we have SO. MANY. STUFFED. ANIMALS.
::yes:: I know what you mean... :faint:

Oct 06-072

I totally agree. I've seen it so many times now and still can't see how it all works. Love it!

Great morning in MK! We LOVE Big Top Souvenirs as well, between the cool merchandise, the delicious treats, and the best smell in all of Disney World we love going in there. Of course that means dropping cash in there too!

You had some great meets with Goofy and Donald at Pete's. We love those meets too and a bonus is that it is always so nice and cold in that tent! They have good air conditioners back there!

Ohhh, yes, the smells in there are amazing!! And all of the desserts are so pretty. But yeah, we don't tend to leave there without spending money on something. lol

That's so true! The only thing is that I wish you could wait once and meet all four characters, but it's still a fun meet.

I agree! This is amazing!

It's pure Disney magic at its finest!

Looks like fun!!

We always have a good time on that ride, no matter how short it may be. :rotfl:

Oh poor little DD! She looks a little unhappy with Goofini. Lovely family photo though!

She actually wasn't all that upset about it, but the pictures captured her face just perfectly! lol She was just a little intimidated by Goofy's size, I think.

What a great morning in New Fantasyland/Storybook Circus!

Cute pics with Goofy/Donald! I love how DD looks SO sad with Goofy and then is side eyeing Donald! :rotfl:

I really love the additions they made to that area of the park with the Fantasyland expansion. The themeing is so well done back there and we love spending time there!

She was definitely not too sure about the characters on that trip! We really never knew how she was going to react. lol

I know! They really did an awesome job on that thing. No seams or anything to really give it away. Very impressive.

It's really incredible, and as much as I would love to know how it works, it's kinda fun to keep it mysterious and magical instead.

::yes:: I know what you mean... :faint:

Our house is ridiculous with stuffed animals.

I totally agree. I've seen it so many times now and still can't see how it all works. Love it!

Me either!! And I usually catch myself trying to watch it closely to see if I can figure it out.

Love this pic!!!! Might try to get one like this when we go back in January.

It did come out really good! DH had great timing. I'm sure it took about 45 shots for him to get that perfect shot.

After some dancing with the Main Street Philharmonic, it was time to use our Dumbo FP+, so we went ahead and got in line for that next.

Oct 06-115

Oct 06-116

Untitled

DH and DS got in the elephant in front of DD and I so DH could take our pictures while we rode.

You can’t tell from those photos, but DD was really not a Dumbo fan. Disappointing since her 1st birthday party theme was Dumbo! Once we went up, she kept trying to turn to face me, but couldn’t once buckled in, so I spent the whole ride comforting her until it was over.

After Dumbo, I was able to snag a FP+ for Pirates of the Caribbean that was about to come due. We started to walk across the hub to get to Adventureland, but as we passed Cosmic Ray’s, DS said he was getting hungry so we stopped to get the kids some lunch. Despite our buffet breakfast that morning, the kids seem to know how to stop eating when the get full unlike us. :confused3 :rotfl: He requested to eat down by where Sonny Eclipse performs again, so I went to get us a table while DH went to order the food.

Oct 06-122

Oct 06-123

While DH stayed with the kids to eat, I thought it would be a good time to go use my Space Mountain rider swap I had held onto from the other day. So fun, but so jerky!

Untitled

We met up when I was done, and made our way over to Adventureland to use our FP. The Castle was looking so pretty that day!

Oct 06-124

Oct 06-125

While in line for Pirates, I was able to get FPs for Fantasmic for later that night, which was perfect since we had planned on seeing the show that evening already and we were about done in MK for the day.

After the ride, we decided to head out of the park and felt small rumblings of getting hungry for DH and I. But instead of food, we decided since we were right there by Aloha Isle, why not get some delicious Dole Whips?! DH went for the float, while I just got the regular soft serve.

Oct 06-136
DD wanted to share and she sure loved it!

Oct 06-137

Oct 06-138

Oct 06-139

We stopped at the Emporium on the way out to get our last few souvenirs. We got DD one of the light up Mickey trick or treat buckets like DS already had, a 2017 wall calendar, and a 45th anniversary magnet for our refrigerator. We walked down to the monorail after we finished shopping and got to the platform around 2 pm.

Oct 06-140

Oct 06-141
When we got back to Bonnet Creek, we put the kids down for a nap. I stayed back with them, but DH decided to go over to Epcot because he really wanted on of the AP glasses and you had to visit the park 3 times during Food & Wine Festival to be able to get one. Of course we would have loved 2 glasses, but there was no opportunity for me to go into Epcot again for a 3rd time that trip, so we had to settle for just one.

Oct 06-142

Oct 06-143
He had an impromptu meet with some of his DIS Dad friends while he was there.

Oct 06-144

And got caught on the bridge as they were bringing the globe out for Illuminations.

Oct 06-145
When he got back, we got the kids up from their naps and ready to head out to DHS.

Last edited:

We left around 5 and got into the park at 5:30.

Oct 06-147
DS spotted some bubbles right at the entrance, so it was a perfect opportunity to pop them with his Mickey hands.

Oct 06-150
We went over to the ABC Commissary for a quick dinner.

Oct 06-151

After we ate, we saw The Great Movie Ride only had a 10 minute wait, so we decided to do that before going over to Fantasmic.

There was an interesting? experience while we were on the ride. It was really random, actually, because it occurred to me at the beginning of the ride that I wondered what would happen if the gangster or cowboy CM was on the tram and had to deal with a guest breaking the rules. Well, this trip we got to see what would happen. Our gangster woman had to fuss at people in the back row to sit down, so she remained in character as she said, “You wanna take your seat? Hate for you to fall out.” The second time she had to say something to them, she said, “You kids in row 6, yeah I’m talkin’ to you. I already told ya to sit down!” She apparently told the person in the front row to put his feet down too while staying in character because he had them propped up on the front of the tram, and that group wasn’t too happy about that and were complaining about her after the ride. I think she did a fine job, and the people in the back row shouldn’t have been continuing to stand up after she had told them not to.

After the ride, we needed to head over to the Fantasmic theater.

Oct 06-164

Our FP+ said we could enter between 6:55 and 7:15. We entered right at 7, and when we made it to the seating, we were told to go all the way down to the furthest left section. This really annoyed me, and I said loudly to DH, “What the hell was the point of this FP?” A CM heard me as we were walking past one of the full sections and said, “This is the FP section, but it’s full so you need to go all the way to the end.” Again, I have to wonder, what the heck is the use of having a FP if to get a spot in the FP area, you have to arrive way before the time it says on your FP and wait for it to open?! :confused3 It makes no sense. So I will never worry about getting one again, since we have sat in the same section when we see the show standby.

While we waited for the show to start, DH went to get us a Mickey bar to share. DS and DD were big fans, so I had to make sure to get some bites before they ate it all.

Untitled

Untitled

Oct 06-165

Oct 06-166
DH had trouble getting pics of this show, so I don’t have many.

Oct 06-167

Oct 06-168

Oct 06-169

DS enjoyed the show as he usually does, but DD was pretty cranky during it. We left as soon as it was over but it took about 30 minutes to get out of the park and to the car. It was close to 9 pm before we got back to the room, and we had to get the kids to bed so we could finish packing. In the morning, we were saying farewell to Walt Disney World and Wyndham Bonnet Creek and saying hello to Universal Orlando and Portofino Bay Hotel!

UP NEXT: Fun is Universal!

You can’t tell from those photos, but DD was really not a Dumbo fan. Disappointing since her 1st birthday party theme was Dumbo! Once we went up, she kept trying to turn to face me, but couldn’t once buckled in, so I spent the whole ride comforting her until it was over.

Aww that's too bad. :( You really can't tell in the pictures.

Despite our buffet breakfast that morning, the kids seem to know how to stop eating when the get full unlike us. :confused3 :rotfl: He requested to eat down by where Sonny Eclipse performs again, so I went to get us a table while DH went to order the food.

Smart kid you've got if he appreciates Sonny Eclipse :) Amazing how kids can be smarter than adults sometimes, like in the case of only eating until they're full. :P

He had an impromptu meet with some of his DIS Dad friends while he was there.

Fun! Always nice to see friends unexpectedly!

DS spotted some bubbles right at the entrance, so it was a perfect opportunity to pop them with his Mickey hands.

This is so cute!

Our gangster woman had to fuss at people in the back row to sit down, so she remained in character as she said, “You wanna take your seat? Hate for you to fall out.” The second time she had to say something to them, she said, “You kids in row 6, yeah I’m talkin’ to you. I already told ya to sit down!” She apparently told the person in the front row to put his feet down too while staying in character because he had them propped up on the front of the tram, and that group wasn’t too happy about that and were complaining about her after the ride. I think she did a fine job, and the people in the back row shouldn’t have been continuing to stand up after she had told them not to.

Interesting! I really don't understand why people don't just follow the rules. It's a really tough balance to do something like this while staying in character. I find that when we do princess birthday parties it's really difficult to keep kids who are misbehaving in line when you're in character as a princesses, because princesses don't discipline. So your gangster did her job well!

DH had trouble getting pics of this show, so I don’t have many.

This is a really hard show to photograph, I find.

It was close to 9 pm before we got back to the room, and we had to get the kids to bed so we could finish packing. In the morning, we were saying farewell to Walt Disney World and Wyndham Bonnet Creek and saying hello to Universal Orlando and Portofino Bay Hotel!

Yay Universal! Looking forward to it.

Looks like a good morning in Newish Fantasy Land! We still have not done Enchanted Tales with Belle as when I describe it to my kids they have no interest and actively tell me to not do it :confused3)

Those snakes (the eyes especially) with Donald are a bit creepy! :eek:

I am with you that it would be hard to agree to buy more stuffed animals - but the idea of plushes inside plushes does sound pretty neat

You were doing really good with moving FP and getting extra ones! And that worked out that you got to use your SM rider swap while the kids had some food

Always good to get a ride on The Great Movie Ride since there seems to be tons of rumors of it closing ... interesting about the CM having to deal with those people - good job staying in character! I always hate when people get mad at CMs who are just trying to get them to obey the rules with are largely for their safety. I mean, I am pretty sure most CMs don't wake up thinking "hmmm, how can I ruin a guest's experience today?"

We had a similar thing with the dining package for Fantasmic! one time where the area was so full and so congested with people coming in and it was just really stressful - when I thought the point of FP or dining package was to eliminate that and the need to get there early and stuff :confused3

Looking forward to the Universal portion of your trip as my oldest recently said she wants to take a trip there (mostly for Harry Potter) so now I need to starting figuring that all out! (even though it probably won't be for a while)

Aww that's too bad. :( You really can't tell in the pictures.

Luckily there is no photographic evidence of this. How could a child of mine not like Dumbo?! lol

Smart kid you've got if he appreciates Sonny Eclipse :) Amazing how kids can be smarter than adults sometimes, like in the case of only eating until they're full. :P

Yes! He loves stuff like that. And I know, right?! DH and I have never learned that lesson!

Fun! Always nice to see friends unexpectedly!

Random DIS meets are always fun.

This is so cute!

He's never met a bubble he didn't like to pop.

Interesting! I really don't understand why people don't just follow the rules. It's a really tough balance to do something like this while staying in character. I find that when we do princess birthday parties it's really difficult to keep kids who are misbehaving in line when you're in character as a princesses, because princesses don't discipline. So your gangster did her job well!

I know! It's crazy how many people think they can just do whatever they want. I definitely thought she did a good job with what she was given and the role she was in. Some people just didn't appreciate it, I guess. :confused3

This is a really hard show to photograph, I find.

I'm not big on photography like he is, but such a dark show with no option for a tripod really seems to make it difficult.

Looks like a good morning in Newish Fantasy Land! We still have not done Enchanted Tales with Belle as when I describe it to my kids they have no interest and actively tell me to not do it :confused3)

Haha I love that they tell you not to do it!!! It's not a must-do for us every time, but it is pretty fun and interactive for kids who enjoy stuff like that or just want to see Belle.

I am with you that it would be hard to agree to buy more stuffed animals - but the idea of plushes inside plushes does sound pretty neat

It was really cute! I don't find the kids have spent a lot of time playing with them though, so apparently I thought they were a cuter concept than the kids did.

You were doing really good with moving FP and getting extra ones! And that worked out that you got to use your SM rider swap while the kids had some food

We have gotten really good at this in 5 trips with DD! We were practically pros by the time we got to Disneyland a few weeks ago.

Always good to get a ride on The Great Movie Ride since there seems to be tons of rumors of it closing ... interesting about the CM having to deal with those people - good job staying in character! I always hate when people get mad at CMs who are just trying to get them to obey the rules with are largely for their safety. I mean, I am pretty sure most CMs don't wake up thinking "hmmm, how can I ruin a guest's experience today?"

I agree, and those rumors seem to be getting even stronger lately. And I totally agree on CMs. I've never been one, but I can't imagine how frustrating it gets for them when people just do whatever the heck they want and then get angry with them when they try to enforce the rules and keep guests safe.

We had a similar thing with the dining package for Fantasmic! one time where the area was so full and so congested with people coming in and it was just really stressful - when I thought the point of FP or dining package was to eliminate that and the need to get there early and stuff :confused3

That's even more crappy. At least my FP was free! I would have blown a gasket had I paid for the package and still didn't have a decent spot to sit. I don't get the point of it if you pay for the package or book a FP and still have to get there as early as if you were viewing standby to get a good spot! Lesson learned for future trips, that's for sure.

Looking forward to the Universal portion of your trip as my oldest recently said she wants to take a trip there (mostly for Harry Potter) so now I need to starting figuring that all out! (even though it probably won't be for a while)

I'm happy to give tips when you're ready to get planning! We have our countdown going for our Universal-only trip in September and are getting really excited! :jumping3:

Aw... that's too bad.

While in line for Pirates, I was able to get FPs for Fantasmic for later that night, which was perfect since we had planned on seeing the show that evening already and we were about done in MK for the day.
I love this feature and I'm glad they finally made it so that you can get that "4th" FP for another park through the app. I hope I don't forget to use it!

She apparently told the person in the front row to put his feet down too while staying in character because he had them propped up on the front of the tram, and that group wasn’t too happy about that and were complaining about her after the ride. I think she did a fine job, and the people in the back row shouldn’t have been continuing to stand up after she had told them not to.
I love it! They might complain, but really, what do they expect? I love the fact that they stay in character and if you've got a criminal running the show, they should definitely do it with a little extra sass.

Our FP+ said we could enter between 6:55 and 7:15. We entered right at 7, and when we made it to the seating, we were told to go all the way down to the furthest left section. This really annoyed me, and I said loudly to DH, “What the hell was the point of this FP?” A CM heard me as we were walking past one of the full sections and said, “This is the FP section, but it’s full so you need to go all the way to the end.” Again, I have to wonder, what the heck is the use of having a FP if to get a spot in the FP area, you have to arrive way before the time it says on your FP and wait for it to open?! :confused3 It makes no sense. So I will never worry about getting one again, since we have sat in the same section when we see the show standby.

While we waited for the show to start, DH went to get us a Mickey bar to share. DS and DD were big fans, so I had to make sure to get some bites before they ate it all.
I might be wrong, but I've been under the understanding for a couple of years now that they put FP over on the left. I know when we saw it with FP we were sent to one of the sections near the far left of the theater, and they were still filling in other sections with better views.

We just try to do the dining package so that we can avoid the wait and sit near the center. Otherwise, I might try to walk up before show time or grab a late FP just to make sure we can get in on a crowded night.

We left as soon as it was over but it took about 30 minutes to get out of the park and to the car.
And the primary added benefit of being stuck all the way on the far side of the theater.

Great afternoon at MK!

That's nice that DH was able to get to Epcot for a little bit!

I'm sorry the FP for Fantasmic wasn't advantageous, that stinks!

Those pictures of DD with Goofy are priceless. She was NOT aa fan of the characters up close.

I really hope those plushes are still there next month. Evie loves any and all stuffed animals, and the castle one sounds really cool!

Sorry to hear the Fantasmic FP wasn't much use. It does kind of defeat the purpose of reserving a ticket ahead of time, if you still have to show up early and wait with the masses. It's a flawed logic.

It was definitely worth waiting in her line!
Love it when you find a really dedicated Photopass person. Amazing photos! :lovestruc

DD was not really interested in Eeyore enough to stop eating, either.
Haha, I remember having plenty of character meals like this in Izzy's younger days too. :rotfl:

I usually hate getting them more plushes because we have SO. MANY. STUFFED. ANIMALS. In our house, but these were cute enough that when DS asked for one, I was okay with it.
I'm with you on that. We have a completely ridiculous collection of stuffed animals, but I still find it hard to resist something super cute!

Awwww, that sad little baby face! :sad1: :rotfl:

There was an interesting? experience while we were on the ride. It was really random, actually, because it occurred to me at the beginning of the ride that I wondered what would happen if the gangster or cowboy CM was on the tram and had to deal with a guest breaking the rules. Well, this trip we got to see what would happen. Our gangster woman had to fuss at people in the back row to sit down, so she remained in character as she said, “You wanna take your seat? Hate for you to fall out.” The second time she had to say something to them, she said, “You kids in row 6, yeah I’m talkin’ to you. I already told ya to sit down!” She apparently told the person in the front row to put his feet down too while staying in character because he had them propped up on the front of the tram, and that group wasn’t too happy about that and were complaining about her after the ride. I think she did a fine job, and the people in the back row shouldn’t have been continuing to stand up after she had told them not to.
Wow, never thought about how that would work. Very interesting! Challenges of being a CM, I guess.

Aw... that's too bad.

It was disappointing that she didn't enjoy the attractions as much as I thought she would. A lot of them really seemed to frighten her!

I love this feature and I'm glad they finally made it so that you can get that "4th" FP for another park through the app. I hope I don't forget to use it!

It's a great addition to the FP+ system. The old kiosk system was a pain in the butt.

I love it! They might complain, but really, what do they expect? I love the fact that they stay in character and if you've got a criminal running the show, they should definitely do it with a little extra sass.

Exactly!! I was impressed that she stayed in character for the whole thing. Clearly others were not as impressed. lol

I might be wrong, but I've been under the understanding for a couple of years now that they put FP over on the left. I know when we saw it with FP we were sent to one of the sections near the far left of the theater, and they were still filling in other sections with better views.

We just try to do the dining package so that we can avoid the wait and sit near the center. Otherwise, I might try to walk up before show time or grab a late FP just to make sure we can get in on a crowded night.

I truly have no idea because it was the first time we had ever done it. However, we did walk past a section that the CM told us was FP+ seating but was full as we shuffled past her to the very end. I won't make the mistake again! We will just stick with getting there early and getting a standby spot.

And the primary added benefit of being stuck all the way on the far side of the theater.

Yup. :rolleyes:

Great afternoon at MK!

That's nice that DH was able to get to Epcot for a little bit!

I'm sorry the FP for Fantasmic wasn't advantageous, that stinks!

It was a really great morning/afternoon at MK. We were just enjoying ourselves and not rushing from one thing to the next. One of the perks of being able to go so many times that year.

He was determined to get one of those AP glasses!

It was a bummer, but lesson learned.

Those pictures of DD with Goofy are priceless. She was NOT aa fan of the characters up close.

I really hope those plushes are still there next month. Evie loves any and all stuffed animals, and the castle one sounds really cool!

Sorry to hear the Fantasmic FP wasn't much use. It does kind of defeat the purpose of reserving a ticket ahead of time, if you still have to show up early and wait with the masses. It's a flawed logic.

Not at all! She seemed to really enjoy them from a distance.

They are really adorable! She does like her "princess Minnie" and "Princess Daisy."

Exactly!! It served absolutely no purpose for us, as we were hoping it meant NOT having to wait way before the show for a seat. Lesson learned.

Love it when you find a really dedicated Photopass person. Amazing photos! :lovestruc

I know! It's so nice to get something different than the standard poses.

Haha, I remember having plenty of character meals like this in Izzy's younger days too. :rotfl:

She's still more worried about food than characters, as we learned in Disneyland! lol

I'm with you on that. We have a completely ridiculous collection of stuffed animals, but I still find it hard to resist something super cute!

I am so adamant against MORE stuffed animals...until I see one that is really really cute. :rotfl2:

Wow, never thought about how that would work. Very interesting! Challenges of being a CM, I guess.

Yes, I was impressed with how she remained in character while still trying to address the guest safety.

Day 7: Friday October 14th

We had another early morning, but not because we were hurrying to rope drop at another Disney park. We were moving to Universal today and wanted to get to our hotel as early as possible to check in, drop our bags, and have a full day in the parks! So the alarms were set for 5:50 am to pack up our last minute things and bring the suitcases down to the car. DH must have stopped for some early morning pool photos while bringing stuff down.

Oct 07-001

Oct 07-002

Oct 07-003

And since we had forgotten to get photos of the unit before unloading our junk, now that it was all packed up, DH got a few before we left.

Oct 07-004

Oct 07-005

Oct 07-007

Oct 07-008

The second bedroom

Oct 07-009

Oct 07-010
Okay, so maybe it wasn’t THAT picked up! Lol

Oct 07-011
It was about 7:15 am when we checked out of Bonnet Creek and made the drive over to Universal property. I was so beyond excited to be staying at Portofino Bay Hotel for the very first time! I didn’t think it would be somewhere ever in our budget, but through a stroke of luck, I found it for less than what it would have cost for Hard Rock, and only a little bit more than what we were originally planning to pay for Royal Pacific. I heard that the Annual Passholder discounts had come out, but they had been out for a little while by the time I realized it and thought to look. So I was actually checking to see if there was an AP discount on a Royal Pacific room, and the price actually went up because all that was still available were the club level rooms and huge suites. On a whim, I checked Portofino Bay, and was shocked when I saw the price!! After doing a little research to make sure it would work for our family logistically since it’s the deluxe hotel furthest away from the parks, we booked it!

Check in at the resort was super quick and easy, and we were able to get our Express Passes printed quickly as well. In our attempt to get to the water taxi, we got turned around a bit, but it meant getting to explore the gorgeous resort a little bit.

Eventually we found the bay and the water taxi and took the boat over to City Walk. Most of the time, we were able to roll the stroller right onto the boat and not have to fold it.

Untitled

Oct 07-019

Oct 07-020

Since we had missed early entry at Universal Studios, we decided to get a head start on the crowds as best we could by going to Islands of Adventure first before it opened at 9. We were in line at the turnstiles at 8:15 am.

Oct 07-021
They opened the gates at 8:45 am and we hustled straight over to Hogsmeade by way of Seuss Landing.

Our first stop in Hogsmeade was, of course, Forbidden Journey!

Oct 07-029

Oct 07-031

Oct 07-032
This is the single best queue in all of Universal! DS and I have been reading the Harry Potter books at home, and now that we were so deep into the series, he was really recognizing a lot more of the items in the queue and their relevance, so he loved it!

Oct 07-033

Oct 07-034
R.I.P. Alan Rickman :sad1:

Oct 07-035

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts