I'm Sad and Mad At The CoronaVirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there! I am a mom with 2 autistic sons. I think it's great that you are sharing how you feel here! That is very important for your mental health. You are doing a great job getting these thoughts out of your head and into this forum. It must feel good to finally get it all out!

I think almost everyone feels angry and sad about this virus. It is disrupting our whole lives and it is very hard to deal with all the changes that keep coming.

My boys and I are also really sad that Disneyland is closed. It's our favorite place and we are usually there every weekend. I feel sad that we can't go anywhere right now. My kids can't even come with me to the stores, which means they get really bored at home!

Do you have Disney+? If so, you can watch Onward there for free! I know it's not the same as the movie theater, but maybe you can pop some popcorn or buy some candy at Von's to eat while you watch from home.

I didn't get to see the new parade yet either. I'm sure it will be running again one day, so we will just have to be patient until it returns to Disneyland.

It's okay to feel your feelings. Just make sure you don't let them take over and make you totally miserable. Think of all the good things you have right now (like maybe your family is all healthy, you have enough food and a nice house to live in, and at least we still have internet, right?)

I hope you have better days ahead.

Hey there! I am a mom with 2 autistic sons. I think it's great that you are sharing how you feel here! That is very important for your mental health. You are doing a great job getting these thoughts out of your head and into this forum. It must feel good to finally get it all out!

I think almost everyone feels angry and sad about this virus. It is disrupting our whole lives and it is very hard to deal with all the changes that keep coming.

My boys and I are also really sad that Disneyland is closed. It's our favorite place and we are usually there every weekend. I feel sad that we can't go anywhere right now. My kids can't even come with me to the stores, which means they get really bored at home!

Do you have Disney+? If so, you can watch Onward there for free! I know it's not the same as the movie theater, but maybe you can pop some popcorn or buy some candy at Von's to eat while you watch from home.

I didn't get to see the new parade yet either. I'm sure it will be running again one day, so we will just have to be patient until it returns to Disneyland.

It's okay to feel your feelings. Just make sure you don't let them take over and make you totally miserable. Think of all the good things you have right now (like maybe your family is all healthy, you have enough food and a nice house to live in, and at least we still have internet, right?)

I hope you have better days ahead.
Thank you so much for kind words. As a matter of fact, I already seen Onward on digital before it came to Disneyplus. And yes, I have Disneyplus. My big condolences to you and your sons.

My DH and I are working from home. Maybe this will help someone. I decided the first week of lockdown that I HAD to do something to make the weekends a bit different from the weekdays. This has really helped me although it seems so simple. I do ZERO work on the weekends, ZERO laundry on the weekends and ZERO tv news on the weekends. It really has helped making weekends seem different. Otherwise, all the days just run together. I also try to plan one special meal for the weekend. Last weekend we used Disney China that we bought years ago. It was something fun to do. At dinner, we also do “ what was one good thing that happened today?” Even if you’re stressed, focus on ONE good thing. I can’t wait until this is over but in the meantime, try to focus on positive things. :flower3:

I hate to say it as i have a two week vacation planned for Nov (cruise/land) - but I am having a hard time fathoming Disney opening for months and months I just can’t see it - as much as it depresses me - I know I should be positive. I read another thread with people thinking Disney will be open in the summer etc. I for one am terrified - just have to say how I was feeling today - thanks 🤗

My DH and I have been married for over 4 decades. Most of that time we have worked schedules that only allow us to spend time together one day each week and one evening each week. He works evenings with a Sunday/Monday weekend and I work a daytime M-F/S schedule. We are now both working from home. We get to have lunch and dinner together each day and most days get out for a short walk after lunch. We both are enjoying this extra time together. Once the stay home orders are lifted our regular schedules will resume. It will be great that the world will return to normal but we will miss this extra time together we are enjoying during coronavirus. Our bit of silver lining!
Be safe all. This too shall pass.

My DH and I are working from home. Maybe this will help someone. I decided the first week of lockdown that I HAD to do something to make the weekends a bit different from the weekdays. This has really helped me although it seems so simple. I do ZERO work on the weekends, ZERO laundry on the weekends and ZERO tv news on the weekends. It really has helped making weekends seem different. Otherwise, all the days just run together. I also try to plan one special meal for the weekend. Last weekend we used Disney China that we bought years ago. It was something fun to do. At dinner, we also do “ what was one good thing that happened today?” Even if you’re stressed, focus on ONE good thing. I can’t wait until this is over but in the meantime, try to focus on positive things. :flower3:

That sounds really wise. My husband was pretty much retIred, just doing some work on our properties, and isn’t doing that now, I went on sick leave early December, so we have a lot of TIME together, like ALL of it, lol. We had a grocery pick up this morning and I kept thinking it was Saturday, you really can lose track, you are so right.
I do try to focus on the positives, I struggle at the best of times, but I am doing it, and being a cheerleader for my newly separated sister in law, so pepping her up by text, peps me up too.

My DH and I have been married for over 4 decades. Most of that time we have worked schedules that only allow us to spend time together one day each week and one evening each week. He works evenings with a Sunday/Monday weekend and I work a daytime M-F/S schedule. We are now both working from home. We get to have lunch and dinner together each day and most days get out for a short walk after lunch. We both are enjoying this extra time together. Once the stay home orders are lifted our regular schedules will resume. It will be great that the world will return to normal but we will miss this extra time together we are enjoying during coronavirus. Our bit of silver lining!
Be safe all. This too shall pass.

That is so nice to read and hear. I am glad you two are enjoying your extra time together. 😀
The one good thing I so Enjoy, is seeing these Pro athletes videos all over with their children, I know their time is usually so limited, and it warms my heart to see it. ❤️. We also walk daily, aNd the boardwalk to the river is right down our street, and see so Many families out with scooters and such. it even snowed here 🥴, it is Montreal, but yuck, and they were still out there.

I was treated for a sinus infection and that seemed to clear up most of my symptoms. Now the only battle is within my brain. Lol. Trying not to get depressed.

I am glad the infection is mostly cleared up.

I understand. It doesn’t make it easier on you, and it really isn’t easy at all. I open my blinds each morning hoping for sunshine, but man it’s hard To find these days. Love and light to you 💕

Hi everyone,
I think i need to join in with this thread. It's good to see everyone sharing their emotions and stories.

My parents have just gotten out of hospital after 3 months as all this started. Life's already been on hold since December last year for me, visitong them, worrying abou them, now it's just feeling longer and longer. I'm in house caring for them and it's just so hard, there's no space to step away from it, i can't go see a movie or eat a meal out. I probably could've coped with caring for them, and i probably could've coped with coronavirus, but to two together is just to much. And thinking it could go on for months, i don't know how i'll last. I feel like i have no space to breathe, no one can come help, nothing to look foward to or be excited about, i'm always busy but nothing i do gives me a scence of achievement, i'm try and trying to balance my needs and theirs but i just can't get what i need while stuck inside the same house. I'm so scared i'll have to cancel my disney trip, it meant so much to me this year. I'm alreasy totally burnt out, just the thought of doing the dishes made me cry today. It's all too much

Hi CD, thanks for sharing your thoughts. You certainly have an awfully heavy load. My heart and arms hurt for you, ❤. I know you don’t feel a sense of achievement, but you are loving and caring for your parents, and that is a wonderful gift, they are blessed to have you, and vice versa. I know easy for me to say I’m not doing it,
Are you able to get any time out at all, even short Breaks for walks, listen to music, recharge your mind?
When is your trip scheduled ?
I cry easily for things like that too, it’s a lot we are going through. I emptied the recycling, and it all fell out all over, I started kicking it all over the sidewalk swearing up a storm, and then cried cause, well I dunno 🤷‍♀️. I had such a mess to clean up.
Gentle hugs of strength 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩🌈

im sorry I was going to reply, I was iN THE ER, I fell and broke a couple of ribs
I saw your post, started Typing, and was called in, still wanna discuss it ?
Well, it’s not important, but I‘ve just found a user from DVDizzy.com saying that Disney will be gone forever due of the coronavirus which is a very doom and gloom kind of comment, but I didn’t fall for that and I know Disney won’t be gone forever. So, like I said, it’s not important. I’m fine. I just don’t want to hear gloom and doom nonsense, even though what’s happening right now is real.

Well, it’s not important, but I‘ve just found a user from DVDizzy.com saying that Disney will be gone forever due of the coronavirus which is a very doom and gloom kind of comment, but I didn’t fall for that and I know Disney won’t be gone forever. So, like I said, it’s not important. I’m fine. I just don’t want to hear gloom and doom nonsense, even though what’s happening right now is real. And I’m sorry to hear that. I hope you get better.

Well, it’s not important, but I‘ve just found a user from DVDizzy.com saying that Disney will be gone forever due of the coronavirus which is a very doom and gloom kind of comment, but I didn’t fall for that and I know Disney won’t be gone forever. So, like I said, it’s not important. I’m fine. I just don’t want to hear gloom and doom nonsense, even though what’s happening right now is real.

yes, I can’t see it being gone forever, things seem forever right now though don’t they ? There are some that like to push buttons, and some people panic too, I think some things will change, but slowly, gradually we will shift back to normal

I honestly do not see Disney going away forever. Unfortunately some people like to spread doom and gloom, but I am not sure why. We will get back to normal over time and that includes visiting one of our favorite places, Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter