I'm staying at a new RV Resort near me. Is anyone interested in a review?

Got off to a late start on Saturday. In fact, the coach didn't start at all. Chassis batteries that I had just replaced about a month ago were dead. Something is killing them and I don't know why. Going to replace the combiner to get more into them while sitting. Used the battery boost to charge them up and it started.
Park check in is at 2:00pm. The plan was to leave early and get there around 11:00ish. If they let us check in early, great! If not, we would leave the coach in the standby lot and walk around. Due to battery issue, didn't arrive till 4:00.
Check in process was fast and orderly. Everything was ready when we got there and only needed a signature. Employees in a golf cart lead us to our site (166) which was a normal pull through. I would guess around 70'-75' maybe. I didn't measure. The part you drive on was concrete and flat. The site had a patio made of pavers which was surrounded by artificial grass. The rest of the site was either landscaped or had small shell as a covering. No dirt (mud) in areas not landscaped. Each patio had a nice plastic picnic table and a standing charcoal grill.

Check in. There was a well stocked store in here that sold typical you might need camping stuff as well as souvenirs. There was also a section that had food choices, coffee, ice cream, etc. Kind of like the Meadows Trading post at the Fort, or a clean 7-11.

Our site:

Typical pull through like ours:

Walked around and was really impressed. There were approx. 200ish sites open now which were all full. The park is still under construction and they're ending up with over 400. There are about 60 cabanas open now and I believe the manager said there was plans for around 120.
All RV sites have water sewer and electric 50/30.

This was Sunday around check out.

Cabanas:

There are a lot of common areas with stuff to do. They have a Tiki with a bar surrounded by a large patio area were there were a lot of umbrella tables. Several large gas fire pits, the kind with the glass on top surrounded by chairs. We ran into Matt Foxcroft who was there with a couple that travel the country bringing attention to support dogs. (They made a video while they were there. I'll post the link below) Matt has a YouTube channel where he rates RVs. (Matt's RV reviews-duh, haha). So it was a kind of party atmosphere that day.
There is a miniature golf course and lots of open space where they have activities for kids.
There's A large pool complete with a circular slide as well as a zero entry pool and splash zone for kids.
Two dog parks. One with regular natural ground cover, one has artificial turf, There is also a dog washing tub. Not a lot of those around. Adjacent to the pool was a large pavilion for group meets, picnics, catered events, etc. When we first checked out the place there was a guy singing and playing guitar. Pretty good.
Adjacent to the pool area is the building containing the gym, arcade, Laundry and shower facilities. The resort is new, so you have to take that into consideration but it was clean, well appointed and well organized.
In the main building where you check in was a conference room. Not huge but bigger than some hotels. A computer room with printers, etc. in case you need to work. Also attached to the conference room was a craft room which contained a group of young ladies working on what appeared to be wedding decorations. There was a lot of volume and giggling which seemed to indicate that wine was also involved. :dance3:

They have food trucks come in, different ones that alternate. The evening we were there they had a hamburger truck. Another they have a BBQ truck.
There was a live band playing after dark the night we were there that sounded pretty good from our site. (I was outside. Didn't hear them once I went in).

Unfortunately I didn't get around more since I got there so late. Also it was only in the high 60s and windy- cold to us. Checkout is at 11:00. I asked if that was firm. I was willing to pay for a late checkout so I could look around more but they said there was someone coming in following us. I didn't get to look at all the sites. There are some upgraded sites from what we had and possibly some that only had the gravel and shell instead of concrete. There are back in sites as well but I didn't see them. They rent golf carts, or you can bring you own but proof of insurance is required. Cart driving age is 18.
They are one of those places that have the 10 year age limit on RVs but as everyone knows, its to keep cousin Eddie over at the Griswalds. If you're over 10 years, which we are you just send a picture to Tom the General Manager. I did and he responded within 30 minutes. No issues. To be honest, there wasn't any place during registration where they asked.
I think we paid $125 for the night for the standard pull through. That included tax and resort fee. This is pretty standard for the area and it does change depending on the season and day of week. It was a lot of money to stay one night five minutes from my house but we have friends and family with RVs and I wanted to be able to recommend or not based on personal experience. I wouldn't have any problem recommending them to anyone. It is centrally located, about 45 minutes to Disney and Universal. About the same to Busch gardens, less to LeggoLand. An hour to gulf beaches. I probably forgot something But I'm going to post a link to the Support dog people. They did a great job documenting the place. In fact, If they had done it before I went I could have saved a lot of typing! LOL. Their photography was better than ours too.

The food trucks are a great idea and the place looks really nice. Love the pool and the overall landscaping.

Thanks for taking the $125 hit for the rest of us. It is definitely worth looking into if we are down that way and not staying at the Fort.

j

That does look really nice and new. Not a lot of trees. I bet it gets HOT in the summer. what about Wifi? how was it?
WiFi was really good, at our site at least. Obviously I wasn't able to check everywhere because of time. I get you though. A lot of us work remotely.
As far as landscaping, it's new so nothing has really had time to mature. It'll get better with time but you'll never get the heavy overhead cover like up north.

It does look like a nice place. Thanks for the review! I have a feeling we will be looking for a place to go before we head to the Fort the end of January. I thought it would be for one night, but after our recent trip, it seems DH might be ready to do all of January where it's warm (or warmer than PA). :)

It does look like a nice place. Thanks for the review! I have a feeling we will be looking for a place to go before we head to the Fort the end of January. I thought it would be for one night, but after our recent trip, it seems DH might be ready to do all of January where it's warm (or warmer than PA). :)

Come on, it was 25 yesterday to start my day. Today was 52, weather is great here in PA.

Don, looks like a really nice place.
Glad to see the designer has a understanding about turning radius when coming into and out of a site. Instead of trying to plant grass to the road edge that becomes mud.

Come on, it was 25 yesterday to start my day. Today was 52, weather is great here in PA.

Don, looks like a really nice place.
Glad to see the designer has a understanding about turning radius when coming into and out of a site. Instead of trying to plant grass to the road edge that becomes mud.
This was a huge strawberry farm. I suppose they could make a lot more on the RV park than strawberries. At least once it's paid for. The internal roadways were set up really well. The only issue I had were lots of kids moving around on bikes and hover boards, etc. Really close to the edges. I was creeping slowly but worried some kid was going to bolt across in front of us.

This was a huge strawberry farm. I suppose they could make a lot more on the RV park than strawberries. At least once it's paid for. The internal roadways were set up really well. The only issue I had were lots of kids moving around on bikes and hover boards, etc. Really close to the edges. I was creeping slowly but worried some kid was going to bolt across in front of us.

Well the park is probably a bit more reliable than strawberries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter