I'm suppose to leave 4/1...anyone else cancelling?

sweetpeakaris

DIS Veteran
I'm going to wait last moment to cancel Aulani, coming from the east coast its a very long flight for us. I booked through Delta vacations and bought trip insurance. I just don't know when to reschedule for. Who else is suppose to leave soon? Are you still going as planned?

I'm going to wait last moment to cancel Aulani, coming from the east coast its a very long flight for us. I booked through Delta vacations and bought trip insurance. I just don't know when to reschedule for. Who else is suppose to leave soon? Are you still going as planned?

I leave 4/1 also and am holding out hope this is over March 31st. On Disney’s website, they’re very explicit that they will be closed until March 31st. I’m waiting to hear about any extensions but looking at the stock market and the news it seems like the hysteria has hit its peak. I’m not canceling until I absolutely have to!!

Edit: just realized this was Aulani, I’m talking about WDW. Sorry!!

Last edited:
We are leaving April 3rd. If the airlines are not flying, then I guess we will not be going. Otherwise, we will be vacationing at Aulani. I am not particularly worried about the virus, more so what craziness society can create. I don't think there is anywhere you can go to hide from the virus, other than staying inside your own house without any human interaction. If you go to Starbucks or the grocery store in your own town, then I expect you are not more likely to get the virus while vacationing and eating at a restaurant.

We have a mid-April departure from Seattle scheduled for 3 nights in a one bedroom villa along with another 3 nights in downtown Waikiki. We are just waiting to hear if Aulani closes or if any of the nearby restaurants and resorts close. We will not have a rental car and are reliant on eating at the Four Seasons, across the street at MonkeyPod, the Marriott, etc. If restaurants begin to close, then we will have to cancel. So it is not just Aulani people need to think about but the infrastructure and services around Aulani (assuming you are actually going to leave the resort).

Well I live in Hawaii and my concern would be if you're wanting to go to other areas, to visit any of the other tourist attractions. They are closing them down. Hawaii is always a little late to the party when it comes to these kinds of decisions.

Personally I'd rebook- I think late October/early November is prime time touring here. Just be aware that weather in Hawaii (to me, anyway) is lousy in the winter!! :)

We have rented DVC points for a stay May 5-8th and I'm getting concerned that everything will be closed. Thankfully final payment as been extended for a week.

Had a Maui trip scheduled for the 27th, switched to September. However I have a few weeks before starting my new job and have been quarantining myself in my apt for the last 2 weeks (was trying to ensure I didn't get sick before my Maui trip!) so am debating hopping on a plane and spending a few days at Aulani, knowing that I am 100% healthy and there is no way I'd be bringing anything over there. Only thing stopping me is the uncertainty, what if the situation there was to get much worse and they close the pools/activities/even the resort? Makes me a bit nervous. I think if I had a scheduled trip I had been looking forward to for a long time like my Maui trip, I'd be rescheduling.

Had a Maui trip scheduled for the 27th, switched to September. However I have a few weeks before starting my new job and have been quarantining myself in my apt for the last 2 weeks (was trying to ensure I didn't get sick before my Maui trip!) so am debating hopping on a plane and spending a few days at Aulani, knowing that I am 100% healthy and there is no way I'd be bringing anything over there. Only thing stopping me is the uncertainty, what if the situation there was to get much worse and they close the pools/activities/even the resort? Makes me a bit nervous. I think if I had a scheduled trip I had been looking forward to for a long time like my Maui trip, I'd be rescheduling.
we have our Maui condo booked by Vrbo from May 25th-29th. I just sent an email to cancel that as we are still outside 60 day window and hopefully won;t be charged a big cancellation fee. I will assess the situation later and maybe reschedule Aulani to November. I was looking forward to visiting Maui for the first time, but may not happen this year. We may just do a trip to Oahu if we can later in Nov.

We had planned on doing DCL hawaii cruise staying on Maui and at Aulani prior. Sitting here this morning canceling all reservations. Even if things have settled down by the end of April beginning of May my son can't miss more school, that is if they ever go back this year.

Supposed to be in Hawaii right now for 12 days...i'm sure so many of us can relate! If we would have left as scheduled this past Wednesday morning I would have arrived in HI with a pandemic declared, travel restrictions to Europe announced, all major sports cancelled, etc....it would have been unnerving to say the least.

I think EVERYONE wants an answer to "when/how will this all end?" You don't realize how grateful you are "for normal life" until it isn't anymore. Stay safe and healthy everybody!

We were supposed to leave Seattle area in 4/3 and I cancelled and rescheduled for Dec instead. Not sure if we will change again because I hear the weather isn’t as nice in Dec. Is Dec actually much different weather than mid- Feb? We’ve done Presidents’ Day week previously and lhas a little rain but overall amazing trip. I know the ocean water isn’t as warm in the winter but it seems to me that Feb would be its coolest which compared to Seattle is still way better than the weather here.

We're going May 3-9 and have no intentions of canceling. The park would have to be closed for us to consider rescheduling.

We were supposed to leave Seattle area in 4/3 and I cancelled and rescheduled for Dec instead. Not sure if we will change again because I hear the weather isn’t as nice in Dec. Is Dec actually much different weather than mid- Feb? We’ve done Presidents’ Day week previously and lhas a little rain but overall amazing trip. I know the ocean water isn’t as warm in the winter but it seems to me that Feb would be its coolest which compared to Seattle is still way better than the weather here.

I have been a couple of times in Dec and I would honestly say it is comparable to Feb, if not a little nicer

weather hasn't been the same the past few years as it has been in previous ones...this past december was noticeably warmer...what this upcoming december will be like...who knows.

The decision to cancel or not should not only be a personal risk assessment. Of course judging by the number of reported cases Hawaii seems like a good bet especially comparing it to my current environment, Vancouver Canada. But this crisis we are ALL facing requires us as individuals to start making decisions based on societal risk. I am pretty confident the facts now show that the risks to society by having individuals travel, especially vacation travel is just not worth it.

PS. Since it seems individuals are unwilling to make the unselfish choice and just stay home, Hawaii should close their borders to people only travelling for pleasure.

Everyone heading to Hawaii this spring should be canceling. Flights may not be around to take you home (see Canada shutting down certain airports now), states may be closing borders, and supplies may be non-existant...and Aulani itself may follow the rest of the Disney properties and close b/c Hawaii, as a site of vacationers and cruise ship arrivers, is probably ripe for an outbreak of a significant level within the next 2 weeks.

It sucks to adult...but it sucks more to know by not adulting, you screw yourself, your family, your neighbors, and all of your country mates over.

Stay home and rebook for 6-12 months for now.

Yes and I should add that Disney and the airlines made making the right choice much easier by their generous cancellation policies. Had I been faced with a decision that involved losing three hundred DVC points it would of been a much tougher choice. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!