I'm working hotels (Hospitality) for the WDWCP!

P

Pkdcoastrs

Hey!

While I know this doesn't exactly fit into this category, I just wanted to say how excited I am to be accepted for the Walt Disney World College Program! I was given the area of "Hospitality" so I will be working at one or many of the resorts in the Walt Disney World complex! My job could be front desk , luggage, or guest services! I don't know my exact date of arrival but it will be about the 3rd week of August or later! My time will end in January of 2004! I never thought I would work at Disney but it's actually happening and I'm still in shock!

Mike
Pkdcosatrs@aol.com

Congratulations!
How did you sign up for this program and how do they select people? Is this a "college" such that you have to pay tuition? Sounds like you will get experience and training from the very best in the industry. What a great start. Good luck to you!

Originally posted by msdis
Congratulations!
How did you sign up for this program and how do they select people? Is this a "college" such that you have to pay tuition? Sounds like you will get experience and training from the very best in the industry. What a great start. Good luck to you!

Each Fall & Spring Disney travels to a fairly large amount of colleges in each state! You can go to the presentation at another school if they are not visiting your school. When Disney visits, a recruiter shows an hour long video about the company and stuff, with an interview following directly after or the next day.

At my school the program counts as 3 credits and you pay for it as if you were paying for a normal class. When in the program, you are paid an hourly wage of $6.00 (Not much at all, but you are gaining experience and knowledge at one of the best companies out there). You live in apartments right outside of Downtown Disney and pay anywhere from $60-$80 a month which is directly taken from your pay! So basically all you have to do is pay for your food and daily costs.

The "Fall" program lasts for 5 months and is for first time WDWCP'ers, while the "Fall Advantage" last 7 months and is usually for second-time WDWCP'ers!

There are two times you can go down, depending on when you interviewed! Fall is August-January and Spring is February-June I believe!

There are so many areas that you can be put into including operations, hospitality, quick service food/beverage, full service food/beverage, lifeguard, custodial, + much more!

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy the program as much as my daughter who is down there now!

Just a FYI, you might want to redo your budget. Your rent of $60-80 is per week, not month.

Pkdcoastrs, have a blast on your college program! I had a couple of good friends on mine who worked Valet/Luggage at Wilderness Lodge -- they both met Britney Spears when she stayed in December! (And being 21-year-old guys, they were both pretty excited about that :)

Are you a hospitality major? Usually if you're put into hospitality, you'll be front desk if you're either a hospitality major, have worked front desk before, or if you've graduated from college. Most of the time, Guest Service interns are second-time CPs.

PM me if you have any questions at all, especially if you have any about what to pack or that sort of thing-- I'll help you out with anything I can.

Actually, I think I still have our little directory that my roommates and I made up with all of the local pizza and chinese delivery numbers, maps and that sort of thing. If you're interested, I'll copy it and send it to you.

Also, be sure to check out (if you haven't already) disneyalumni.com and wdwcpinfo.com -- there's a ton of great information on both sites, and message boards where you can meet some of your soon-to-be-fellow CPs!

Congates on your college program. I had 3 of my cousins go through it 2 just last year. They all LOVED it. They are all BIG WDW nuts so it was a great experience for them. The best part for them was that your job changes every 2 hours in a certain area. IE... One of my cousins worked at Test Track. For 2 hours she would work the ride then the next 2 hours she would be in the photo lab then the next 2 hour she would be in the gift shop etc.
Have a Blast!!!!

Congratulations. My daughter is finishing up her second CP. She loves it.

If you know of anyone else that will be going be sure to be standing in line together. That is how roommates are assigned on check in day.

As someone else pointed out the rent is per week. It does come right out of your paycheck so plan that into the budget. Be sure to bring extra money because it will take a few weeks before you get a paycheck.

Originally posted by jk1
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy the program as much as my daughter who is down there now!

Just a FYI, you might want to redo your budget. Your rent of $60-80 is per week, not month.

That's what I mean't, stupid me lol....

Pkdcoastrs, congratulations! How exciting! When you find out where you'll be stationed, please come back here to the Dis and let us know. I'll be in WDW this Fall with my family, and I enjoy meeting fellow Dis'ers.

Congrats, Mike! :) :) :)

I'm a WDWCP alum myself. I worked in Epcot Guest Relations. It was by far the BEST experience in both my academic and professional career. I have many, many fond memories... :)

Do you speak another language? You can get .50 cents more if you take a proficiency test. I did this during my program. That little bit extra adds up with all the hours you put in.

Good luck and have fun!

:)

Congratulations! It sounds like a lot of fun and good experience :)

Do you speak another language? You can get .50 cents more if you take a proficiency test. I did this during my program. That little bit extra adds up with all the hours you put in.

Do they still do this? I was there last fall, and I passed the French test (I've got the nametag to prove it! ;)), but I didn't get any extra money.

Congrats!

If you have any questions about the program, ask me. I was on the program Jan-May 2002. There are some other people on the board too that could also help ya out...i know AngBelle is one of them. It's a great experience!

The CP is SOOOOO much fun!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc It makes me want to go again... ;)

Enjoy every single minute!

Originally posted by SoonerKate
Do they still do this? I was there last fall, and I passed the French test (I've got the nametag to prove it! ;)), but I didn't get any extra money.

I still have my pin, too. :) It's a shame if they don't do this anymore. Anyone know for sure? The most difficult part was phone translation. Part of my rotation in Guest Relations was working the WDW info line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter