I'm.........

As I mentioned above I am editing very old family photos. I started with the 50+ tintypes and old mounted pictures on my father's side. Here's an example of an easy one I edited. It's my father when he was toddler. He was born in 1921 and died in 2003.

The original is on the left; edited on the right. I love the look!

Pic%2070%20John%20Ward%20Leister%20Pic%20B-L.jpg
Pic%2070%20John%20Ward%20Leister%20Pic%20Bed-L.jpg

As I mentioned above I am editing very old family photos. I started with the 50+ tintypes and old mounted pictures on my father's side. Here's an example of an easy one I edited. It's my father when he was toddler. He was born in 1921 and died in 2003.

The original is on the left; edited on the right. I love the look!

Pic%2070%20John%20Ward%20Leister%20Pic%20B-L.jpg
Pic%2070%20John%20Ward%20Leister%20Pic%20Bed-L.jpg
Do we click on something to see?

Originally I did not see the pictures, now I do, wow!

Love what you are doing!

I'm..........VERY upset I've been feeling REALLY achy since going to Puerto Rico; weird how it came on so suddenly [ I attributed it to the uncomfortable bed]. I finally went to my doctor, who did a blood test....turns out that I probably have Polymyalgia Rheumatica, which is a type of autoimmune disease that affects the muscles - mainly, my arms, shoulders, hips, and thighs. So, now I am on a 6-day regimen of a corticosteroid [for the SECOND TIME in two weeks]; I might have to be on a low-dose regimen of it for the next year or so.....great, just great. I turn 60 and I fall to pieces.....:sad:

I'm..........VERY upset I've been feeling REALLY achy since going to Puerto Rico; weird how it came on so suddenly [ I attributed it to the uncomfortable bed]. I finally went to my doctor, who did a blood test....turns out that I probably have Polymyalgia Rheumatica, which is a type of autoimmune disease that affects the muscles - mainly, my arms, shoulders, hips, and thighs. So, now I am on a 6-day regimen of a corticosteroid [for the SECOND TIME in two weeks]; I might have to be on a low-dose regimen of it for the next year or so.....great, just great. I turn 60 and I fall to pieces.....:sad:
:grouphug:

.....so PAINFUL getting out of bed in the morning.....and don't even GET me started about the joys of a bathroom visit.....:sad1:

....I went through a 6-day dosage of the steroids and felt GREAT within the first day - so much so, that I didn't have to even take Tylenol. However, the last day was on Tuesday, and Thursday the symptoms returned, each day a little worse. He gave me a second round of meds (sorta like a Z-Pac) in case it's from a virus. However, he strongly suggests I see a Rheumatologist. There are some [obviously] serious side-effects with these type of meds, but this disease could affect my arteries, and could be inked with cancer.....my doctor is an internist, and he's pretty much on-the-money when diagnosing. We're both hoping it's just the last remnants of a virus...

Oh no! Hope you find out for sure what it is and get some relief soon.

I liked:
  • The Vikings (really enjoyed this one)
  • Orange is the New Black
  • The Americans (excellent)
  • Man in the High Castle (great)
  • House of Cards
  • Ozark
  • Trapped and another Scandinavian one I can't think of!
  • and of course Downton Abbey and other Masterpiece series
  • and several others which were only one season or so.........
If you find any others let me know! I need to have something on tv in the background when I am editing the hundreds of family photos I am putting into holiday books for everyone.....

Sooo many I have watched.
On PBS after I finished Downton Abbey, I watched 2 seasons of The Tunnel. Don't know if season 3 is on yet.

On HBO:
Game of Thrones
Big Love
Carnivale

Netflix, catching up on old tv shows and some kinda new:
Breaking Bad
Making of a Murderer
Parenthood
Lost
Vampire Diaries
The Originals
Z Nation
Blacklist
Land Girls
The Killing
Broadchurch
Being Human
The Colony, Terra Nova & Jericho...all 1 or 2 seasons only
Grace & Frankie---1st season was good, 2nd ok and stopped watching after 3 episodes season 3

Still have so many on my list to start.

I'm jealous.
My daughter, granddaughter & 2 of her friends are at WDW having fun. Weather is good and minimal wait times for all rides. They had been planning this trip for Jade's 16th b'day and were so apprehensive about maybe having to cancel because of Irma. But they left early Thursday morning and drove down. No problems on I75 and gas was available so all was good.

I'm jealous.
My daughter, granddaughter & 2 of her friends are at WDW having fun. Weather is good and minimal wait times for all rides. They had been planning this trip for Jade's 16th b'day and were so apprehensive about maybe having to cancel because of Irma. But they left early Thursday morning and drove down. No problems on I75 and gas was available so all was good.
Lucky! Glad it worked out!

I see them. The improvements are a lot clearer. Good job, but seems like a lot of work!

Originally I did not see the pictures, now I do, wow!

Love what you are doing!

Thank you both! It is labor-intensive but it helps me get to know the relatives I never met. Sometimes I get very sad wishing I could talk to my Dad about all these people but in the end I feel closer to him. He loved photography; his family ran a portrait studio in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Some are tintypes but most aren't. The one I showed above was an easy one to edit. There have been some really bad condition ones too! Later on I'll post a Before/After of one of those!

Sooo many I have watched.
On PBS after I finished Downton Abbey, I watched 2 seasons of The Tunnel. Don't know if season 3 is on yet.

On HBO:
Game of Thrones
Big Love
Carnivale

Netflix, catching up on old tv shows and some kinda new:
Breaking Bad
Making of a Murderer
Parenthood
Lost
Vampire Diaries
The Originals
Z Nation
Blacklist
Land Girls
The Killing
Broadchurch
Being Human
The Colony, Terra Nova & Jericho...all 1 or 2 seasons only
Grace & Frankie---1st season was good, 2nd ok and stopped watching after 3 episodes season 3

Still have so many on my list to start.

Thank you! I've actually seen many of these but the others are now on my list!

I watched season 1 of an A & E one today: "The Sinner". It looks good!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter