In your opinion what is the most overrated thing in WDW?

me too! Growing up in FL, we always passed it on the way to the MK, and I always wished to stay there! So 20 years later, our family stayed there in December, and we're going back same time this year! It does feel Brady Bunchish, but it definitely smells so much better than a Hawaiian resort from the 70s.

My most overrated would be Jungle Cruise. Actually, we saw Jingle Cruise, and it was just as bad. I have to add BOG dinner, too.

And I know many will likely disagree...but IMO I don't understand the hype with 7DMT. I do try to ride it as many times as possible. I think it is really cute, but I really prefer BTMRR.

I agree that BTMRR is a much better ride -- but with the 38" height requirement, 7DMT is good for the younger kids. My DD(3) was just tall enough for 7DMT, but too short for BTMRR...so we rode 7DMT several times.

Turkey legs. YUK

they smell so good...but never taste as good as they smell.

Fittingly -- when we were there last year, I was eating an ice cream sundae near ToT and a guy sat next to me with a Turkey Leg. I asked him how the turkey leg was and he said it was just ok. He said he was trying to convince himself it was good and that he made the right choice...but I saw him eyeing my ice cream. I told him the sundae was phenomenal. hahaha (in truth -- the ice cream was ok as well...but sometimes it's fun to mess with people). 8-)

Prior to my most recent trip it would have been the Peter Pan ride. Why people wait hours at times for that ride I will never know. I say that being a huge Peter Pan fan...

However, after our most recent trip it is BOG for dinner. We tried and failed on our 2 previous trips to get a reservation and I made sure I was online at the 180 day mark to get one for this trip. Very disappointing is probably an understatement. To be fair the restaurant is absolutely gorgeous, especially the main dinning room. The West Wing Room is cool, but all the people eating in there makes it a little strange. The other room is pleasant to look at, but not overwhelming by any means. Servers were very friendly and welcoming, but very slow. That's about where it stops for me. Food was good, not great and easily some of the most overpriced on the property. Service was incredibly slow. We got checked in at 705p (with a 645p ADR), didn't get seated until 720p, and didn't walk out of the restaurant until 915p!! The only thing that made it all worth it was the M-n-G with the Beast. I had been told that if your daughter is dressed like Belle the he will go over the top when she walks up, and HE DID!! He acted surprised to see her, bowed, then took her hand and danced for a few seconds. She was over the moon, as were her mother and I!! At the end of the day I recommend doing the QS for breakfast and Lunch, and skip the Table Service Dinner. You'll still get to see the inside and I think meet the Beast (not 100% certain he is there during day). Oh yeah, The 'Grey Stuff" was underwhelming as well...

I'm sure someone else has already chimed in, but Beast only makes an appearance at dinner.

You probably hate puppies too.

Is this what you see in the mirror?

the-grinch-15.jpg

I do like puppy clips on YouTube, but I am definitely not a dog person :P

And luckily I am Dutch so I have absolutely no cultural connection to The Grinch, otherwise I would be insulted :D

All I can understand that someone loves Wishes because of (childhood) memories of good vacations and family time etc.

But to me the fireworks always looked randomly chosen and everytime I saw Wishes the fireworks were out of sync with the music.

The tech team at Epcot has a much better sense of timing with Illuminations.

Schoolbread. Oh yay, let's go crazy for a dry roll with a dab of pudding. :rolleyes:

MK resorts. I like visiting, but much prefer staying at Epcot resorts.

Nemo ride. Boring.

I haven't eaten there but I've heard people generally like it (though I have heard issues with food quality)...for me though the way they do the seating like that is just not right for me. When the in-laws were going with us (as they aren't now) I was trying to imagine having a meal staring at the back of their heads or vice versa. I know there are tables where you face each other but that wouldn't be guaranteed. I like the whole watch stuff but the way they did it just doesn't appeal to me.

We are a family of 3 so our son sat by himself. It was just weird..seating is very awkward.

.... I was eating an ice cream sundae near ToT and a guy sat next to me with a Turkey Leg. I asked him how the turkey leg was and he said it was just ok. He said he was trying to convince himself it was good and that he made the right choice...but I saw him eyeing my ice cream. I told him the sundae was phenomenal. hahaha (in truth -- the ice cream was ok as well...but sometimes it's fun to mess with people). 8-)

And I think the ice cream is so overrated at WDW. Their contract is with Edy's (a grocery store ice cream - its fine, but I wouldn't choose it over Hood, Breyer's or Friendly's).

People rave about the ice cream at Beaches & Cream - its just Edy's. I'm assuming its the restaurant's theming/ambiance that's making it taste so good.

I think only the Ghirardelli store at DS sells anything else (and Hoodsie/single serve ice cream treats at resort stores).

Oh, thought of 1 more. It could ruffle a few feathers. :duck:

MNSSHP. I liked the parade, loved the fireworks, but the rest was completely overrated. Lines for characters were insane, way more crowded than I expected (we went on a Tuesday), and dance party was just ok. And big whoop you could get regular old candy. Definitely a one and done in our family.

And I think the ice cream is so overrated at WDW. Their contract is with Edy's (a grocery store ice cream - its fine, but I wouldn't choose it over Hood, Breyer's or Friendly's).

People rave about the ice cream at Beaches & Cream - its just Edy's. I'm assuming its the restaurant's theming/ambiance that's making it taste so good.

I think only the Ghirardelli store at DS sells anything else (and Hoodsie/single serve ice cream treats at resort stores).

My favorite ice cream is Edy's cookies and cream so it's a win for me.

Ugh really?

We have a FP for FEA for our next trip but I was thinking of dropping it since I have no desire to go to Epcot anyway
Does your party have an interest in Frozen? If so, then keep it. But, if there's no interest in Frozen, this is not worth the time.

I do like puppy clips on YouTube, but I am definitely not a dog person :P

And luckily I am Dutch so I have absolutely no cultural connection to The Grinch, otherwise I would be insulted :D

All I can understand that someone loves Wishes because of (childhood) memories of good vacations and family time etc.

But to me the fireworks always looked randomly chosen and everytime I saw Wishes the fireworks were out of sync with the music.

The tech team at Epcot has a much better sense of timing with Illuminations.

I've actually only seen wishes live once. It was last year, so it isn't a nostalgic thing for me.

Had my daughters (1 and 3) with me and we all enjoyed it a lot. The oldest really enjoyed it, and it was just one of those perfect, magical moments for me. They both had the biggest smiles on their faces.

With that said, the fireworks weren't as well timed as they could have been. HEA does a much better job with that.

•The pressure to do the extras: Dessert parties, in room celebrations (which have jumped significantly in pricing in the last 5 years), etc. I don't understand the need to do the extras when you're already paying a fortune for the room and tickets. It's almost as if just going to Disney World isn't special enough.

For comparison, we are going to WDW in July and a Disney cruise in October. On board flowers, cakes, decorations, etc. are considerably less expensive than at the resorts.

Tonga Toast for breakfast at Kona Cafe. Tried it a few years ago and was grossed out by just how sugary it was. Ick.

I agree. I also do not care for their pancakes. The few times I had them they tasted burnt with not much flavor.

Some places have Haagen Dazs. I avoid the Edy's.

So you haven't done it at all? I hesitate to suggest someone pass something based solely on reviews of others but if you are going to Epcot only to do FEA then maybe that's different. I am not sure I'd ever trouble to drag myself to go to a park just to do 1 ride and nothing else.

No haven't done it yet. It's the main thing we would be going there for and would probably skip Epcot this trip otherwise.

No haven't done it yet. It's the main thing we would be going there for and would probably skip Epcot this trip otherwise.
Hmmmm, then it depends on how much interest you have in frozen or how much you enjoyed Malestrom in general. If you just loved that ride and missed it then go. If you love frozen go. If not, then I might skip. But, we enjoy world showcase. It's DH'S favorite park

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter