In your opinion what is the most overrated thing in WDW?

And I think the ice cream is so overrated at WDW. Their contract is with Edy's (a grocery store ice cream - its fine, but I wouldn't choose it over Hood, Breyer's or Friendly's).

People rave about the ice cream at Beaches & Cream - its just Edy's. I'm assuming its the restaurant's theming/ambiance that's making it taste so good.

I think only the Ghirardelli store at DS sells anything else (and Hoodsie/single serve ice cream treats at resort stores).

Ample Hills Creamery.

And I think the ice cream is so overrated at WDW. Their contract is with Edy's (a grocery store ice cream - its fine, but I wouldn't choose it over Hood, Breyer's or Friendly's).

People rave about the ice cream at Beaches & Cream - its just Edy's. I'm assuming its the restaurant's theming/ambiance that's making it taste so good.

I think only the Ghirardelli store at DS sells anything else (and Hoodsie/single serve ice cream treats at resort stores).

Both Breyer's and Friendly's are grocery brands too. Haven't heard of Hood. Try the ice cream at Ample Hills. It's fabulous!

I have a couple, and it's totally probably just me being weird. First off is people going to a resort because of the pool. I have yet to ever swim at a Disney pool, and my kids have no interest in swimming when we go either. We go to be in the parks, to eat good food, and have fun....but not to swim. Maybe it's because we have a pool at our house so it's not something amazing to us (not a big pool, but we swim daily during the summer, so I guess it's just not something we rush to do while on vacation).
The other thing are the long lines at rides like Small World/Peter Pan. I just don't get it. They are ok rides, but I generally will only hop on Peter Pan if I can snag a FP, and only on Small World if I'm forced (that song, I just can't take it).

I have a couple, and it's totally probably just me being weird. First off is people going to a resort because of the pool. I have yet to ever swim at a Disney pool, and my kids have no interest in swimming when we go either. We go to be in the parks, to eat good food, and have fun....but not to swim. Maybe it's because we have a pool at our house so it's not something amazing to us (not a big pool, but we swim daily during the summer, so I guess it's just not something we rush to do while on vacation).
The other thing are the long lines at rides like Small World/Peter Pan. I just don't get it. They are ok rides, but I generally will only hop on Peter Pan if I can snag a FP, and only on Small World if I'm forced (that song, I just can't take it).

Small World is not known for long lines, it's fairly unusual to have a wait longer than 45 minutes. Pan's lines can be explained by its low capacity, wide appeal, and no height restriction.

Coming from a family of immigrants I wholeheartedly disagree. But because you live in America you can feel free to say negative things about the country without fear of harm to you or your family.

Because you live in this prosperous land you can afford to take many vacations to Disney spending thousands of dollars on tickets and lodging not to mention breakfast buffets that cost $50 a person.

In America you have so much extra leisure time that you can spend hours a day on your iPhone posting on discussion boards about overrated attractions. These same iPhones that people in third world countries assemble for $300 a month working 11 hour days.

So I will visit the America attraction with pride when I visit Epcot this winter and thank the Lord every day that this land is now my home!
THANK YOU!!

Small World is not known for long lines, it's fairly unusual to have a wait longer than 45 minutes. Pan's lines can be explained by its low capacity, wide appeal, and no height restriction.
Oh gosh, we saw wait times for Small World get over an hour when there in April. The line was out of the building going up the pathway. We just kept walking......then we got in line later (30 min. wait time) at my youngest daughters request, and a kid threw up in line. Had to stop the line for a while for that, but didn't evacuate the line or stop people from getting in line. When we got off the ride the line was over an hour again.

Also, I understand people love Pan, but this is MY opinion about what I think is overrated. That is all. I know people that HAVE to ride those rides every time they go, and I don't understand it.

Also, I understand people love Pan, but this is MY opinion about what I think is overrated. That is all. I know people that HAVE to ride those rides every time they go, and I don't understand it.

Your opinion is perfectly valid. I was attempting to explain its long lines. That is all.

:wave: I uh...am one of those people...at least with It's a Small World. I know I know the ride can be very irritating due to the song (and heck it gets stuck in my head easily). BUT it's a ride that for whatever reason I'm compelled to go on it. Maybe it brings back strong memories or makes me think of my childhood. If it makes it any better I myself really don't fully understand why I feel like I need to go on it when I'm there :o, who knows though if I would still feel that way if I went more often rather than the approximate every 6 years that it has been.

I don't really get the love for the jungle cruise. A lot of the time the cast member seems bored out of their mind and not into at all. The jokes have a chuckle the first time, but I'm never craving to go back on the Jungle Cruise. The only exception would be at night, I like the spooky atmosphere the darkness brings with it.

I enjoy the Jungle Cruise but its really all about the cruise director... they make or break that ride. I have not rode it night.. good idea!

Oh, thought of 1 more. It could ruffle a few feathers. :duck:

MNSSHP. I liked the parade, loved the fireworks, but the rest was completely overrated. Lines for characters were insane, way more crowded than I expected (we went on a Tuesday), and dance party was just ok. And big whoop you could get regular old candy. Definitely a one and done in our family.

Agree.. done it once.. that was enough. meh

Sitting at or in the pool after a long day at the park is one of my favorite things to do at WDW. The kids are big enough now that i don't have to stay near them and be in the pool with them. I can relax.. yea! I agree that Peter Pan is way over rated, my wife loves it.. i would be ok with never riding it again but i do have an affinity for Small World..

Casey's Corner. I love hot dogs, but theirs are kind of mediocre compared to the ones at the Wilderness Lodge. Not a great place to have to navigate with a tray.

I assume it's all about location!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter