In your opinion what is the most overrated thing in WDW?

:wave: I uh...am one of those people...at least with It's a Small World. I know I know the ride can be very irritating due to the song (and heck it gets stuck in my head easily). BUT it's a ride that for whatever reason I'm compelled to go on it. Maybe it brings back strong memories or makes me think of my childhood. If it makes it any better I myself really don't fully understand why I feel like I need to go on it when I'm there :o, who knows though if I would still feel that way if I went more often rather than the approximate every 6 years that it has been.
Yeah, I've just never had an affinity for it is all so I can't really see the appeal, to each their own. I, on the other hand, HAVE to go on the people mover. If I don't, it's just not the same. Last trip we went on it about 10 times, and even got stuck in Space Mountain, and it just never gets old for me. Everyone just has their thing (my husband has to go on Carousel of Progress).

Yeah, I've just never had an affinity for it is all so I can't really see the appeal, to each their own. I, on the other hand, HAVE to go on the people mover. If I don't, it's just not the same. Last trip we went on it about 10 times, and even got stuck in Space Mountain, and it just never gets old for me. Everyone just has their thing (my husband has to go on Carousel of Progress).
Totally understand! PeopleMover is one of my fav attractions and is a must for me (I commented on that on the Underrated thread). CoP is a good one as well.

Flame Tree QS at AK--I don't eat meat and there is only a Watermelon salad to eat. So glad for the New QS in Pandora.
DHS--I'm not into Star Wars, so there's not much there. Hated 50s Prime time, and no good QS to eat.

That's it--I love everything else, most everything everyone else hates I like!

If you find yourself at Flame Tree again for whatever reason...their onion rings are HIGHLY overlooked, imo. I'd trade every side they offer with their meals for one order of onion rings if they'd let me. Now I know for next time - just get a full slab of ribs - no combo - and a side of rings - maybe two sides of rings. That would feed three of us with no issue at all, maybe four. Also - need to try watermelon salad!

So you haven't done it at all? I hesitate to suggest someone pass something based solely on reviews of others but if you are going to Epcot only to do FEA then maybe that's different. I am not sure I'd ever trouble to drag myself to go to a park just to do 1 ride and nothing else.

We would do other stuff if we were there anyway but we wouldn't be going to Epcot this trip if it wasn't for FEA (clear as mud right lol)

Although my daughter has informed me that we must go to the store in Japan so I guess that settles it :)

Someone (or lots of someones) will slap me upside the head for this... but the "Disney Bubble". I'm not criticizing all of you that are thrilled by it. But sometimes I feel a little worn out by the enormity of WDW. I started going to DL in the 1960s and so I have a lot of nostalgia for that park and the older rides. Even when they added the 2nd park in California I was able to enjoy it not feel overwhelmed.

It just seems now that WDW is expanding in size and what it offers to the extent that people feel like they aren't getting their money worth or really "experiencing" it if they don't try every little thing and miss nothing. That kind of less than subtle marketing wears on me after a while, no matter how much I enjoy WDW and DL.

The Boardwalk theming.

The location is perfect, and it's hard to beat the cost of renting points for a studio at BWV, so I'd definitely recommend it for those reasons. But so many people make a point of praising the Boardwalk itself, the pool, or the theming of the hotel, and it does nothing for me. The various fronts of the hotel facing the Boardwalk just scream facade to me. The area matches neither the former elegance of Asbury Park nor the chintzy tourist Boardwalks of either Rehoboth Beach or Ocean City, Maryland, which are familiar to me.

On the flip side:

Many people have mentioned BOG, especially dinner. We were lucky enough to have been seated in the Rose Gallery when it was maybe 1/3 occupied. Had we been seated in the main ballroom, we probably would agree with the negative assessment, as it felt loud and crowded. But the Gallery was elegant and refined, the service good, the visit by the Beast entertaining, and the food satisfying. As someone whose dining choices are mostly pescatarian, the ratatouille was a welcome departure from the common vegetarian choices, and more enjoyable than I expected. Being used to tourist prices in D.C., New York City, and Boston, I didn't feel it was overpriced.

Test Track. If you've ever ridden on a highway in a convertible, you've already had the same experience as this ride. I don't understand the appeal of it.

This should be obvious, but many of us have never driven in a convertible, making TT a unique experience for us.

We tried to talk her in to buying gift cards to pay for meals, especially when on sale at Costco and such but she just insisted it was easier to do the plan. Feeling compelled to eat dessert at every single table service meal is why I gain weight each trip even though I walk more than 10 miles a day easily.
I hate the dining plans too-- we always spend less paying OOP. Plus I don't like feeling like I have to order the most expensive thing on the menu just to justify the cost! We are also app people more than dessert people-- yet another reason why it doesn't work for us.

I know that Walt said it shouldn't be a museum. But I just feel like with certain things it should be like a museum. Small world is one of those things.

Something that I find a tad confusing, though I'm not sure I can use the word overrated because I do see it's appeal, just not to the extent to match it's wait. Even though it's waits have dropped with the New Fantasy Land changes, Dumbo. That thing had excessive waits before it got doubled. Yet Aladdin never has. Or even Triceratops Spin. What made Dumbo different?

The way I see it is: Dumbo has been around a lot longer than the other "let's spin in a circle" rides (the AstroOrbiter is another one). Generations of kids have ridden Dumbo and then become parents and grandparents who remember loving the ride. They take their kids and grandkids on the ride, often as one of their first rides ever. The ride is a slow load/unload which causes a line to build. The internet has made this well known and people post everywhere "if you want to ride Dumbo or Peter Pan without a huge wait, ride them first thing". This causes the line to build almost immediately and stay that way all day, especially in Disneyland where neither ride has FP.

Based on our most recent trip:

Frozen (opened right after we left last year so rode it for the first time a few weeks ago). Would not do it again without a FP and probably not even then. But the best part was when we looked at our photo they take - everyone is happy, sitting up except the woman in the front who had a poncho pulled over her head and scrunched down in her seat. Not sure if she thought she was on splash mountain but it looked so funny. We got more wet on pirates.

7DMR - Still amazed at the 2-3 hour wait for this ride. Again, would not do it w/o a FP.

Coming from a family of immigrants I wholeheartedly disagree. But because you live in America you can feel free to say negative things about the country without fear of harm to you or your family.

So I will visit the America attraction with pride when I visit Epcot this winter and thank the Lord every day that this land is now my home!

As I get older I realize how much I appreciate my country, warts and all. Having not lived anywhere else, I take my freedoms for granted.

I may not agree with other's opinions, argue with them, but I would fight for their right to say them.

As I get older I realize how much I appreciate my country, warts and all. Having not lived anywhere else, I take my freedoms for granted.

I may not agree with other's opinions, argue with them, but I would fight for their right to say them.
Yes!! Exactly!! Thank you!! Some of us have had family members die for that!!

I swear I thought I answered on here already..

Over-planning. You CAN have a fantastic trip and plan (or not plan) way closer than 180 days, or 60 days, etc. I mean I LOVE daydreaming about my days, meals, rides, etc., but to wake up at the butt crack o'dawn to book a meal or a ride/experience that is 6 months/2 months down the road. Nope. Nope nope nope. We typically decide day of what to eat. I do have a few things booked for next month, a super early Boma breakfast, and a ROL package breakfast (the only thing my DH asked for...ROL. And I don't plan on standing in standby in the August AK heat/humidity).

DHS. I cannot wait till this park becomes a park again. We go, hook a right, hit RnR and TOT and then maybe go to GMR and Star Tours. Then it's ADIOS. There is nothing there. Yawn.

Dole Whip.

Fantasmic. I know this is flameful but I just can't get into this show.

Its ok.. seen it a few times. Its not something we MUST see and in fact have skipped it our last couple of trips. IMO, it could use a story line change..

Soarin'.

We've seen it a number of times. It is okay, but not worth a wait. Compared to vaguely similar attractions- I'll take Philharmagic and Minions over Soarin' any day.

Though we've seen it a number of times, the Minions pre-shows stick crack us up every time. We even get slightly disappointed if we miss part of the first pre-show.

At the very least, if they were just going to make one of those ____ By Air documentaries into an attraction, couldn't they at LEAST have made multiple films/variations for it a la Star Tours?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!