Incredible new scooters we beta tested at Walker Mobility

As for watts, I would assume they are going to be 12 volt batteries, if so there are calculators that can be used to figure it out.

But I suppose if we can't figure out what brand these are, it's a moot point as you couldn't go out and buy one anyway.

I emailed Walker with some questions, here is their response

"Thank you for providing your help as one of our "Beta" users.
In answer to your inquiry:
Over 24 years of customer research and feedback have gone into these exclusive scooters.
I put all those comments and suggestions into action and these revolutionary scooters are the result.
I partnered with Eagle Parts & Products Inc. of Augusta, GA to build a custom scooter designed for Florida's sub-tropical climate.
These scooters are very transportable, extremely comfortable with unique and convenient features, waterproof, and reliable with the most powerful dual battery 45 amp configuration available.
We at Walker Mobility are proud of the "Double Whammy Deluxe" and "Triple Lindy Comfort" scooters
Once you use either of these scooters you'll settle for nothing less.
We will be offering these same scooters for sale for personal use.
Please feel free to contact Walker Mobility about rental and sales information. Thank you for allowing us to serve your mobility needs and we look forward to fulfilling your needs in the future.
Sincerely,
John Walker
CEO Walker Mobiliy"

hope this may answer some questions, did for me. NYCRules

It looks like a "Ranger" mobility scooter, but they went out of business years ago. I don't know either.

The photos in the first post are below about the new Walker Mobility mobility scooters.

3scooters-jpg.388024

I found the following website about an older Ranger company mobility scooter that looks similar below. But this company called Ranger is no longer in existence. They do look similar. I guess a new company is making something similar as far as the batteries, but the tiller hand grip uses the old style among other things.

https://www.scooterlink.com/product.cfm?p=Ranger-Safari-3-Wheel-Electric-Scooter-380116&id=777

03.2%20-%20Solo%20HD%20032613.jpg

This is all that I could find so far. Google mostly shows parts for the no longer made Ranger Safari.

It is always good to have new choices for mobility devices and competition among different companies.

Is that 48 amps (on the Triple Lindy) Lithium Ion? If so, it will exceed the maximum capacity allowed by the FAA to fly...
we still don't know what kind of battery chemistry the Triple Lindy has (although thanks to the OP, we do know that it carries 2 each 45 amp batteries
Based on the weight and capacity of the battery, it has to be some sort of lead acid. SLA most likely but maybe AGM.

And again - all of the above is strictly about lithium-ion batteries. Different battery chemistries have different rules & regs.
I have to read through that slower I think. My eyes go blurry. But yeah, my new favorite battery tech is Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePo4) which has the advantage of not being flammable.

I have bought a new folding electric wheelchair that is lighter and drives further and charges in less time since it uses two Lithium-Ion batteries that only weigh 2-3-lbs. each. That still amazes me to this day.
This is crazy true. I pulled the 75 lbs of lead acid battery out of my friends Jazzy 600es and replaced it with an 18lb LiFePo4 battery. Ended up extending the runtime a little. Well, until I replaced her stock drive motors with servo motors meant for a small forklift.

Hi, NYCrules. Thanks for the info. I Googled "Eagle Parts & Products Inc." I found one mobility scooter that they make called the "Eagle Freedom". I also saw where they make a lot of mobility products that look like what a grocery store or golf course may use, too.

As you mentioned, Eagle Parts & Products Inc. is designing mobility scooters for Walker Mobility so they may not be named or shown on their website as Walker Mobility's "Double Whammy Deluxe" and "Triple Lindy Comfort".

Here is the link to Eagle Parts & Products Inc.:

https://www.eagleproducts.us/eagle-freedom/

eagle-freedom.jpg

eagle-freedom-collapsible.png

Here is a copy of the Eagle mobility scooter:

Eagle Freedom Features
  • SPEED FWD – 0 – 5.5 MPH
  • SPEED REV – 0 – 4.5 MPH
  • LENGTH – 40” W/BASKET – 47.5”
  • REAR WHEEL WIDTH – 22.5”
  • WEIGHT W/BATTERIES–225 LBS
  • OPERATOR WEIGHT CAPACITY–400 LBS
  • RUN TIME – 25 HRS
  • CONTROLLER – 70 AMP
  • TRU CHARGE INDICATOR
  • ON BOARD DIAGNOSTICS INDICATOR
  • 24V ELECTRICAL SYSTrm
  • LED LIGHTS FRONT AND REAR
  • BRAKE - ELECTROMECHANICAL HOLDING BRAKE AND REGENERATIVE
  • 4 AMP SMART CHARGER
  • 33AH STANARD BATTERY –CAPABLE OF UPGRADING TO 45 AMP
  • THROTTLE ACTIVATION–WIG – WAG
  • THROTTLE CYCLE LIFE – >3,000,000
  • ON BOARD DUAL USB PORT
  • ALL METAL PARTS & COMPONENTS RUST PROOF

I emailed Walker with some questions, here is their response

"Thank you for providing your help as one of our "Beta" users.
In answer to your inquiry:
Over 24 years of customer research and feedback have gone into these exclusive scooters.
I put all those comments and suggestions into action and these revolutionary scooters are the result.
I partnered with Eagle Parts & Products Inc. of Augusta, GA to build a custom scooter designed for Florida's sub-tropical climate.
These scooters are very transportable, extremely comfortable with unique and convenient features, waterproof, and reliable with the most powerful dual battery 45 amp configuration available.
We at Walker Mobility are proud of the "Double Whammy Deluxe" and "Triple Lindy Comfort" scooters
Once you use either of these scooters you'll settle for nothing less.
We will be offering these same scooters for sale for personal use.
Please feel free to contact Walker Mobility about rental and sales information. Thank you for allowing us to serve your mobility needs and we look forward to fulfilling your needs in the future.
Sincerely,
John Walker
CEO Walker Mobiliy"

hope this may answer some questions, did for me. NYCRules

I love the looks of the pink one. A giant plus for me would be the USB charger built in. I've never had a battery meter go lower than 75%, even after 12 hour park days, so don't think the power pull would be any problem. I do think the cell phone holder should have been placed on the inside of the column. It's not like you need to see it while you're driving, just quick access and a place to plug it in would be very nice!

Yea, distracted driving with the cell phone right there.

Yup, something pops up on the screen and people have to look, whether it's a text or an alert, etc. Not good while maneuvering through foot traffic.

Only if you let it be distracting, don't use it while driving and you are good. The cellphone holder on the Gold Mobility scooter was nice, as I wasn't worried about my phone falling out of my pocket, which is indeed an issue for me. Honestly, my screen is blank unless an alert comes in and then I can pull off to the side and deal with it if necessary or ignore it and keep going. Honestly, no different than a holder in my car aside from the fact that my car has bluetooth and far less distracting than most radios these days.

How do you know the alert comes on without taking your eyes off the road and looking at the screen? It's still taking your eyes off the road, just like a radio or a cell phone in a car. They both involve taking yours eyes off the road too.

I like those tiny wheels in the front, on the sides of the single front wheel-it seems it would make the scooter a little more stable.

Yup, something pops up on the screen and people have to look, whether it's a text or an alert, etc. Not good while maneuvering through foot traffic.

How do you know the alert comes on without taking your eyes off the road and looking at the screen? It's still taking your eyes off the road, just like a radio or a cell phone in a car. They both involve taking yours eyes off the road too.
usually (or maybe depending on your settings) an alert is accompanied by a sound.

I loved having the cell phone holder on the Gold’s ecv that I used on the last trip. But then I’m an obsessive FP refresher, too, and that’s about all I use it for. When in Disney, I’m ignoring what’s on my cellphone otherwise.

I'm confused - these new scooters are completely water proof, but they have CLOTH seats? So, if you park the scooter, go on an attraction, and it rained, your seat is now wet?

I'm confused - these new scooters are completely water proof, but they have CLOTH seats? So, if you park the scooter, go on an attraction, and it rained, your seat is now wet?

Lots of the rental units actually have seats that fold in half - the seat back folds down over the seat bottom, and protects it (from the sun, or in this case - theoretically - the rain).

It would be very easy to just drape an inexpensive Coleman poncho over the seat to keep it dry; you can typically find those for about $1 each at your finer Wal-Mart and Target locations in the camping section.

Has anyone used either the Double Whammy or the Lindy from Walker recently? If so what was your experience? I ordered a scooter from Gold Mobility but it turns out they don't deliver to my hotel so I'm looking into alternitives.

Has anyone used either the Double Whammy or the Lindy from Walker recently? If so what was your experience? I ordered a scooter from Gold Mobility but it turns out they don't deliver to my hotel so I'm looking into alternitives.
Yes, I use the Double Whammy every Disney Trip and have no complaints. The scooter takes me all day and will continue to drive if it downpours. Highly recommend :)

I’ve used Walkers for the Lindy twice in 2021 and 2022. Had a great experience both times. I always ask for a hot pink one because they are easier to spot in the parks, a tip I learned from someone on here and it’s true, especially when parked with all the other scooters. At the time, pink was the only color that you could special request. Top notch customer service.

My mom has got the Pink one from Walker her last 3 trips. She loves it because it’s easy to spot amongst all the other scooters. While it’s rainproof - you do need to cover up the seat as it’s material. (Only been caught unprepared by this once)

My mom has got the Pink one from Walker her last 3 trips. She loves it because it’s easy to spot amongst all the other scooters. While it’s rainproof - you do need to cover up the seat as it’s material. (Only been caught unprepared by this once)
Did you guys have to transport it at all? We will have to fit it in the back of a minivan since we aren't on property. They've recommended the double whammy to me.

Did you guys have to transport it at all? We will have to fit it in the back of a minivan since we aren't on property. They've recommended the double whammy to me.
Yes, 2/3 trips using a walker scooter have been off-site stays. We had the Double Whammy. It’s on the heavier side, but do-able. We were pretty strong after a 15 day trip last September 🤣

Yes, 2/3 trips using a walker scooter have been off-site stays. We had the Double Whammy. It’s on the heavier side, but do-able. We were pretty strong after a 15 day trip last September 🤣
What kind of vehicle did you transport it in? We will have a minivan and will theoretically be able to put a single seat back down. I appreciate all the input everyone has done. I am so nervous about this. :(

What kind of vehicle did you transport it in? We will have a minivan and will theoretically be able to put a single seat back down. I appreciate all the input everyone has done. I am so nervous about this. :(
We had an SUV. I can’t recall which model. I can only find the reservation and it was for a Nissan Pathfinder or similar. We had 4 adults & the Walker Scooter in there with no issue. Last year we had a beast of an SUV.

In 2020 we had a Toyota Sienna and were able to fit TWO smaller scooters (the Pride Go-Go ones) ..and 6 adults, 1 kid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter