Independent Educ. Eval. (IEE)?

buzzlady

<font color=purple>Loves to play tag!<br><font col
Does anyone know if I can request an IEE 2 yrs. after the initial evaluation? I wasn't aware that I could request an IEE until recently.

We don't use the term IEE here, but if you mean a re-testing of your child, then yes, you can request one at any time, starting from one calendar year after the testing was originally done.

Welcome teacherforhi. I take it you teach deaf and hard of hearing kids? What level? Btw our school switched back to DHH over HI.

What I mean by Independent Educational Eval. is one that is done by someone other than the school.

You can request an IEE whenever in the process you would like. However, depending on your reasons for the IEE, it may be in your best interest to have the school district complete a reevalution as the data from the initial evalaution will be considered out of date and you may not have as much teeth in a argument that the district's evalaution was inappropriate. Remember that if you request an IEE and the evaluator's results/recomendations align with the district's, you will be responsible for the evaluation costs. The district may have a leg to stand on if it ever went to due process if they dont want to allow the IEE due to the time lapse since the purpose of the IEE is to demonstrate that the district's eval was inappropriate. Due to this, under normal circumstances, I'd have the district reeval then if you still have concerns then request the IEE.

twocjsmom said:
You can request an IEE whenever in the process you would like. However, depending on your reasons for the IEE, it may be in your best interest to have the school district complete a reevalution as the data from the initial evalaution will be considered out of date and you may not have as much teeth in a argument that the district's evalaution was inappropriate. Remember that if you request an IEE and the evaluator's results/recomendations align with the district's, you will be responsible for the evaluation costs. The district may have a leg to stand on if it ever went to due process if they dont want to allow the IEE due to the time lapse since the purpose of the IEE is to demonstrate that the district's eval was inappropriate. Due to this, under normal circumstances, I'd have the district reeval then if you still have concerns then request the IEE.

Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter