Indiana Jones Stunt Show to stay and will be updated

Whoa, we have found one.

I'm into old movies and have never seen Min and Bills. 1930 is too old for me, I only watch movies from 1939 on.
Today I learned, min and Bill is a cartoon from the 30s, and not just some random name Disney slapped on the boat

This thread actually got me to watch the Gertie the Dinosaur short... basically one of the earliest animated cartoons... the copyright has expired and you can watch it on Wkikpedia! That whole area of the park makes sense now! The lake, sea monster, and gertie are all right from the cartoon. Not sure how they could swap it for an Indy mini land, I dont think there is the space unless they moved the theatre location.

This thread actually got me to watch the Gertie the Dinosaur short... basically one of the earliest animated cartoons... the copyright has expired and you can watch it on Wkikpedia! That whole area of the park makes sense now! The lake, sea monster, and gertie are all right from the cartoon. Not sure how they could swap it for an Indy mini land, I dont think there is the space unless they moved the theatre location.

Public Domain makes that stuff way easier to find and watch. If you’re interested in more like it, check out the Internet Archive. They catalogue everything that enters the Public Domain, as well as the entire internet. You can watch or download lots of those old cartoons.

Today I learned, min and Bill is a cartoon from the 30s, and not just some random name Disney slapped on the boat

See, it's so irrelevant people don't know about it.

It's actually an older than dirt movie from 1930. When it originally opened Hollywood Studios wanted to represent the early days of film, the 1930's and on. Nowadays (and even then) though both M&B and Gertie were and are too irrelevant to most people that visit.

Min-and-Bill-1930.jpg

Last edited:

https://wdwnt.com/2019/03/indiana-j...-walt-disney-worlds-50th-anniversary-in-2021/

I don't know why, but they are keeping the stunt show. At least they are going to update this overstaying spectacular. Perhaps we will still get an Indy section if they bulldoze Echo Lake.
Whoa. I am a huge Indy fan, but come on. Has the script of this show changed in any way since the 80s?

As long as the show is updated and the script moves away from "the making of stunts" to just an immersive stunt show -- that is fun.

I guess everyone hoping they would bulldoze this side of the park to make a whole new land will be disappointed, but I understand them not wanting to change ANYTHING after SWGE opens. The park probably can't afford to close any attractions for a year or two after.

Whoa. I am a huge Indy fan, but come on. Has the script of this show changed in any way since the 80s?

As long as the show is updated and the script moves away from "the making of stunts" to just an immersive stunt show -- that is fun.

I guess everyone hoping they would bulldoze this side of the park to make a whole new land will be disappointed, but I understand them not wanting to change ANYTHING after SWGE opens. The park probably can't afford to close any attractions for a year or two after.

Nope, they need to just tinker with the script a bit. I'm sure the actors would love to do something else. It's got to feel like a 7th level of hell doing the same thing over and over.

I get that frequent visitors might find the IJ stunt show a waste of space, but as a non-frequent visitor that just experienced it for the first time last year, we absolutely loved it and I'd personally like for it to stay so that we can enjoy it on a future trip.

I get that frequent visitors might find the IJ stunt show a waste of space, but as a non-frequent visitor that just experienced it for the first time last year, we absolutely loved it and I'd personally like for it to stay so that we can enjoy it on a future trip.

Absolutely.

Attractions should have a lifespan of 10/20 years.

Absolutely.

Attractions should have a lifespan of 10/20 years.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there; some of Disney's most iconic attractions would be long gone by now. This is assuming you're counting rides as "attractions", of course.

I'd be cool with keeping it if they still plan to put something else in this corner. And I'm not talking just a meet and greet with someone who doesn't look like Indiana Jones.

It makes sense to keep it considering it can tie up a large group of people for 45-60 minutes.

https://wdwnt.com/2019/03/indiana-j...-walt-disney-worlds-50th-anniversary-in-2021/

I don't know why, but they are keeping the stunt show. At least they are going to update this overstaying spectacular. Perhaps we will still get an Indy section if they bulldoze Echo Lake.
Why? Because it is an awesome show and should stay. Update, sure, but should stick around. This and Voyages of the Little Mermaid both need to stay.

Beauty and the Beast and Finding Nemo at AK could both be replaced with no loss though.

Why? Because it is an awesome show and should stay. Update, sure, but should stick around. This and Voyages of the Little Mermaid both need to stay.

Beauty and the Beast and Finding Nemo at AK could both be replaced with no loss though.
Highly, highly disagree with that last statement. I love anything B&tB, but Nemo is one of the most well-liked shows (at least on here and several other boards that I'm on), for good reason, so I don't see that going anywhere.

Reactions: CJN
Whoa, we have found one.

I'm into old movies and have never seen Min and Bills. 1930 is too old for me, I only watch movies from 1939 on.

Yikes, you're missing out. I've heard pretty good things about that Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs movie...

EDIT: I also noticed your avatar is Boris Karloff as Frankenstein's Monster first seen in the 1931 movie "Frankenstein"...

Last edited:
I think that Indiana can be rebooted like people have said. But they have to be careful and hope for Star Trek more than Solo.

Yikes, you're missing out. I've heard pretty good things about that Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs movie...

EDIT: I also noticed your avatar is Boris Karloff as Frankenstein's Monster first seen in the 1931 movie "Frankenstein"...

LOL, okay... I mostly watch movies from 1939 and on. Some classics are worth the bad sound quality though.

See, it's so irrelevant people don't know about it.

It's actually an older than dirt movie from 1930. When it originally opened Hollywood Studios wanted to represent the early days of film, the 1930's and on. Nowadays (and even then) though both M&B and Gertie were and are too irrelevant to most people that visit.

Min-and-Bill-1930.jpg
I take a different view, all of these hidden details are what makes Disney, well Disney and not Knott's, etc.

I love the obscure little things like this.

Highly, highly disagree with that last statement. I love anything B&tB, but Nemo is one of the most well-liked shows (at least on here and several other boards that I'm on), for good reason, so I don't see that going anywhere.
Finding Nemo is beyond terrible, which is a shame as the sound track is exceptional, but the implementation of the show is so poorly executed.

Finding Nemo, the clicking of the puppets is beyond distracting and the show is overall boring, but I will give them that they are at least singing live, unlike Beauty and the Beast, more on that in minute.

Now in all fairness, I live in California and visit Disneyland frequently where the entire cast of the shows sing and have mics. One of my biggest disappointments with Beauty and the Beast was seeing that so many of the performers were simply.lip syncing, including Belle and a couple of others. I know because there were points where their mouths weren't moving, but we could still here then singing and it wasn't some strange ventriloquist act.

Fantasmic! At Disney World is another one that needs some serious help.

Finding Nemo is beyond terrible, which is a shame as the sound track is exceptional, but the implementation of the show is so poorly executed.

Finding Nemo, the clicking of the puppets is beyond distracting and the show is overall boring, but I will give them that they are at least singing live, unlike Beauty and the Beast, more on that in minute.

Now in all fairness, I live in California and visit Disneyland frequently where the entire cast of the shows sing and have mics. One of my biggest disappointments with Beauty and the Beast was seeing that so many of the performers were simply.lip syncing, including Belle and a couple of others. I know because there were points where their mouths weren't moving, but we could still here then singing and it wasn't some strange ventriloquist act.

Fantasmic! At Disney World is another one that needs some serious help.
Not to add to the thread drift, but agreed. Plusses -> Nemo is a nice air-conditioned space. My family napped through the show. I put it on-par with the "Disney on Ice" shows.

B&B could learn a lot from the Aladdin/Frozen show at DCA - MUCH better! I do like the Frozen sing-along show @ DHS partially because they are actually singing.

Fantasmic is also better @ DL. Something about the space at DHS - it's just not really suited for the boats and floats. Something like World of Color @ DCA would be a better fit IMHO, and World of Color could really use an actual grandstand - so they both could be improved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter