Indy Refurb

Same...I'd love to know if it will be open for our July trip. I can adjust our trip to June or possibly early August if that made a difference in getting to ride it. This will be our first trip to DL so I want to experience everything since its harder to get there from South Carolina.

I wish they would just announce the dates already ! We have a trip in early March and the silence from Disney about Indy is is deafening !
We know about Snow, and HM already and have had time to let it sink in and process it , lol .
We are a little over 60 days away, and still crickets about Indy . Hope it will be open , but not holding our breath . Would just like to know , so we can mentally prepare ! lol Our trip falls on the 25th anniversary of Indy, so we are hopeful it will be open ! How can they close Indy on its 25th anniversary ........right ??????

Yup, it's very frustrating. Disney won't announce it until it's basically too late for anyone to cancel their plans.

The thing that gets me, is Disneyland closing 3 attractions (2 of them being most popular) down at the same time. I understand that repairs are needed, but it would end nice if they could do it one at a time. At least keep snow white open until indy and mansion are done.

Watching the Indy calendar almost daily, to see when they may pull the plug. So far , all the way to February 8th is still showing the hours its open . March 5th is the 25th anniversary , so at this point I am thinking they may shut it down for refurb after the heavy spring break crowds have dispersed. With Snow , and HM down I dont think it would be wise for them to have Indy down at the same time during spring break . If nothing else, but for crowd control !
One thing is for certain .........they will want it to be in tip top condition before the release of Indiana Jones 5 , on July 9th 2021 .
It may go down after spring break, and after HM reopens . Might even go down for an extended length of time than originally predicted, due to Indy 5 release in July 2021 .

Again ............the Silence about this from Disney is deafening !

Last edited:
I find it extremely unlikely that they will close Indiana Jones before Mansion reopens. I also find it unlikely that Indiana Jones will be closed when it celebrates it's 25th Anniversary at the end of March.

My guess is that it won't close until April or May, which is why nothing has been said as of yet. Probably will announce something in January/February, but my guess is that they gave the heads up this year because it won't be up during the Summer, and anyone coming then should anticipate that.

Have they given dates for HM yet?

All they have said is its going down on January 21st and reopening "spring 2020" . That could technically be until June 19th . So, as we all know DIsney by now , it could reopen anytime they want, with no notice given to the public . :rolleyes1

All they have said is its going down on January 21st and reopening "spring 2020" . That could technically be until June 19th . So, as we all know DIsney by now , it could reopen anytime they want, with no notice given to the public . :rolleyes1

I get with new attractions, things can happen that can cause delays. But for refurbs, you'd really think they'd be able to pinpoint more of an ETA than a 3 month window.

I don't think they're doing anything besides converting back from HMH, so it's going to be the same length of closure that it is every year.

I don't think they're doing anything besides converting back from HMH, so it's going to be the same length of closure that it is every year.

:headache: ........hmmmm ........

When it closes for HMH overlay removal, its staying down for an extended amount of time for refurb this year .

This has been known for months now !

I get with new attractions, things can happen that can cause delays. But for refurbs, you'd really think they'd be able to pinpoint more of an ETA than a 3 month window.

Interestingly enough, I applied for a job with DLR that involved facility forecasting and planning. The interviewer said they already have most of 2020 planned out, so if I come on board I would be starting with the 2021 forecasting. (This was back end of Oct early Nov)
The job entailed refurbs for dining locations, attractions, stuff like the main street sidewalk stuff from last year and french fry removal, etc. So full scope refurb planning
So either they mis spoke about the job (which i specifically double checked he said 2021 since i was so surprised), or they do actually have their refurb schedule planned that far out and they are just not releasing it until much later which seems ridiculous but not unlikely.

Last edited:
Well, no news is good news so far I guess ! :rolleyes1

Showing Indy is Operational through February 14th on the DL calendar as of today .

At this point, I am thinking they may close it for refurbishment , well after Indys 25th anniversary on March 5th . Maybe they will let it ride through the spring break crowds are done and close it for refurb in May/June ?

Well, no news is good news so far I guess ! :rolleyes1

Showing Indy is Operational through February 14th on the DL calendar as of today .

At this point, I am thinking they may close it for refurbishment , well after Indys 25th anniversary on March 5th . Maybe they will let it ride through the spring break crowds are done and close it for refurb in May/June ?
Can someone link me to the refurbishment calendar? I am having a tough time tracking it down on Disney's site.

Actually they are doing an extensive refurbishment of 2 to 3 months for Haunted Mansion due to damage that was done because they rushed to install HMH too quickly this year.

Can someone link me to the refurbishment calendar? I am having a tough time tracking it down on Disney's site.
Just go to the regular calendar with park hours and scroll down. Each park individually has the refurbishment list.

Reactions: EmJ
Lol. Shoulda seen the disaster that was the PP refurb a few years ago! Think it went from May to July...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter