Indy Refurb

Actually they are doing an extensive refurbishment of 2 to 3 months for Haunted Mansion due to damage that was done because they rushed to install HMH too quickly this year.
Where did you hear that about damaging it this season?

Where did you hear that about damaging it this season?
It has been in various articles talking about why there is going to be such a long rehab this time around. The problem is they tried to cram in the change over into the shortest amount of time ever. This is 100% Management's fault and they should be told no to doing this in the future. They need to take at least 3 weeks for the change over.

It has been in various articles talking about why there is going to be such a long rehab this time around. The problem is they tried to cram in the change over into the shortest amount of time ever. This is 100% Management's fault and they should be told no to doing this in the future. They need to take at least 3 weeks for the change over.
I’m sure trying to save money probably cost them at least double what they thought they would save.

Long time WDW vet, so do you think I'm good to ride on Indy for my first ever DL trip during week of March 8?

It will be iffy, The rides anniversary is March 4th. I imagine it will be open for that since its the 25th anniversary then go down shortly after, but that's me guessing.

Maybe they just need to stop that stinking overlay and leave the HM NORMAL. I can't tell you how many times I hear my Hubs complain about that movie taking over HM for so long each year.

Also Hoping Indy is open till March 4th at least.

Maybe they just need to stop that stinking overlay and leave the HM NORMAL. I can't tell you how many times I hear my Hubs complain about that movie taking over HM for so long each year.

Also Hoping Indy is open till March 4th at least.
I concur. I hated the HMH overlay. It looks like Christmas and Halloween threw up on the beautiful mansion. Everything about it - music, story, set, is inferior to the original version. I also don't love Nightmare Before Christmas. It's fine, but it's overrated. The fact that it takes over one of the best rides at Disneyland for 1/4 of the year is irritating.

thank Goodness we are not alone. We wish they would just stop HMH completely but we have actually come up with different layovers around the park. they could do instead of hmh lol I mean we could get so much Christmas decorations up instead of HMH. We love Christmas at the park but regret going because of HMH. Now we planed a spring trip..but because they messed up during install of HMH they need a longer than normal shut down, so we miss it.... we can not catch a break.

I agree that HMH is the worst. Nightmare before Christmas is weird because it takes a creepy holiday and forces itself into a joyful holiday. UGH!

Anyway, we just got back from an AMAZING DL trip and I rode Indy 12 times (and, unfortunately, HMH once) after being so afraid a couple months ago that it would be closed! I wish you all the best of luck that it will be open when you go!

Same here... my husband was so excited to finally get to ride HM for our anniversary trip this year (I think it's been almost 20 years since we've seen it without the overlay) we went ahead and got after dark tickets just to be able to enjoy it more before they announced the extended closure, so disappointed. I'm glad at least Indy will still be running just for more options but I'm kind of overt that ride mainly because it is so LOUD... we actually did discover using earplugs helps, it's so loud you can still hear everything on the ride perfectly with earplugs and actually better since the sound isn't distorted by how loud it is.

I concur. I hated the HMH overlay. It looks like Christmas and Halloween threw up on the beautiful mansion. Everything about it - music, story, set, is inferior to the original version. I also don't love Nightmare Before Christmas. It's fine, but it's overrated. The fact that it takes over one of the best rides at Disneyland for 1/4 of the year is irritating.
It's actually closer to 1/3 of the year. I think that is way too long. My 15yo son and I are actually big fans of the movie, but we both much prefer regular Haunted Mansion. We enjoy HMH every once in a while, but 4 months really is too long.

It's actually closer to 1/3 of the year. I think that is way too long. My 15yo son and I are actually big fans of the movie, but we both much prefer regular Haunted Mansion. We enjoy HMH every once in a while, but 4 months really is too long.
I think it is about the perfect amount of time personally, any shorter and the lines would be insane, any longer and those that want regular HM would have even more issues.

The calendar on the Disneyland website is out through March 9th and so far no Indy refurb listed. I am really hoping we can ride it at least once during our March trip.

Going the week of March 11th. Is it common for Disney to add rides to the refurbishment list after hours have been released? Or, is it safe to say that if hours are released there will be no more refurbishments during that time?

Good theory above re: HM and Snow White, fingers still crossed for week of 3/9 but that date looks good as now. I would say that nothing is 100% but per the schedule if it's not published then chancess are good its good to go unless something goes awry.

Going the week of March 11th. Is it common for Disney to add rides to the refurbishment list after hours have been released? Or, is it safe to say that if hours are released there will be no more refurbishments during that time?
With DL, there are no guarantees, I have seen refurbs added as late as the morning the go down for refurbishment. That is unusual and usually caused by a major issue, but it can happen. Typically refurbishment schedules are posted no less than two weeks in advance, but again, it can be closer to the date than that.

Good theory above re: HM and Snow White, fingers still crossed for week of 3/9 but that date looks good as now. I would say that nothing is 100% but per the schedule if it's not published then chancess are good its good to go unless something goes awry.
As I said, I have seen different than this many, many times, really the most accurate refurb schedule has tended to be the one at https://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/refurbishments-closings.htm

They get it right far more often than the official Disney one and given that Snow White won't be back until late May, I think we can conclude that Indy will go down before that, as they will want it back up and running for summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts