• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Inexpensive Beer

bbrnca

addiction r bad unless a Mickey one
got a simple question about Beer... does the ABC store sell beer there and what is normal pricing. I am Canadian and use to paying a ton for beer up here (govt.imposed taxes)

ABC stores do sell beer! The one across from Aulani (actually Island Country Market by ABC Stores) has a great selection and the prices are a just a little more than at places like Safeway but I cannot tell you off the top of my head exactly what the pricing is. We are Canadian too and I do know my hubby always marvels at how "cheap" the beer is in the USA, even in Hawaii. He really likes the Kona Brewing Company brand and I know there is a great one brewed in Maui too. You can buy most major american beers as well.

Will you have a car? If so, drive to Kapolei and buy your supplies there. We tend to visit Safeway, Target and Costco after arriving to get beer, water and snacks for the room.

Six bottles of either Fat Tire or Blue Moon costs $8.99-$9.99 at Target, not including tax (4.712%) and a $0.06/fee per bottle. Kirin or Sapporo are about $7-$8 for six bottles. Those are the only brands I’ve ever bought so I’m not sure what other brands cost. Also, Target rarely has beer on sale.

If you’re a big drinker, Costco is two minutes away from Target and is significantly cheaper.

I always buy my room beverages at the ABC store and the prices are fair. Not as cheap as I can get at home in Arizona, but not outrageous. Much cheaper than the hotel. As for the hotel the best prices on beer are during happy hour at the Olelo room.

ABC was pretty reasonable on beer, compared to Hawaii pricing on other items I usually buy at home. Like PP said, less than $10 a six pack mostly. I am a Kona Brewing fan, and they had all the different brews AND 40 ounces of several of them! Plus ACE pineapple hard cider. I was happy :).

Not a big drinker but being able to have some sitting in the fridge, will check out the ABC. we will have a car for 3 days but mid way through the trip. Thanks for the info

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter