Info On Hemodialysis Centers

MAPAR28

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have information on dialysis centers close to Disneyworld? I
would be interested in hearing others experiences, my husband will need
to be dialyized three times a week and any assistance would be greaty
appreciated. We are looking to go in late January or February and will
be staying at one of the Vacation Club resorts. thanks.

I personally don't know. I checked the local phone books and there is no category for either Hemodialysis or Dialysis.

I looked in my Blue Cross/Blue Shield Provider Directory for Freestanding Ambulatory Centers. There was one Dialysis Center listed in Kissimmee which I called but they said they are 17 miles away. There are a few in Orlando which might be closer.

I would suggest you contact your Center and/or your Insurance Comapny and ask if they have any suggestions.

Also, you might be able to use a hospital; I would suggest trying Celebration Hospital (which is part of the Florida Hospital chain) or Sand Lake Hospital (which is part of Orlando Regional Healthcare System), which are the two hospitals closest to WDW.

Mike

I'd suggest contacting his dialysis center. They will need to be involved anyway to get everything coordinated. It's very possible they have arranged other trips to WDW; if not, I'm sure they have arranged travel before. A lot of people on dialysis do travel.
I can't search right now because of the board upgade (plus I'm trying to get out shopping, but these boards just keep seducing me to answer questions) ;)

Sue (as usual) is correct. I work at a dialysis facility and all trips and travel are arranged by the social workers. Your husband needs to contact the social worker at HIS clinic (or whoever handles transient dialysis at his clinic). They will make the arrangements for him and coordinate with the social worker of the clinic he will be visiting. Also, depending on his/your insurance coverage, he may be limited in which clinics he can travel to. Again, his current social worker should already be familiar with his insurance and their requirements.

Hope this helps. And have a great trip!

Thanks, Renee.
I knew someone had posted this info before and if I couldn't search for it, someone was likely to come up with it again. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter