(Inner) Fort Wilderness pre-race transportation?

WxKristin

Mouseketeer
I'm staying in one of the Fort Wilderness cabins with my family during the Star Wars RunDisney weekend and will be participating in the 10K. Normally, I would use Disney's inner-fort wilderness bus transport to get around the campground and then transfer to a different Disney bus to get to a theme park or other resort. However, I'm guessing it's a different story for RunDisney events...

Does anyone happen know how the charter buses work at Fort Wilderness pre-race? I'm assuming Disney doesn't run the inner FW bus loops at 3-4 am (though I could be wrong, not typically wandering around at this time)... So, do I need to get myself to a single bus stop within FW or do the charter buses hit each of interior loop stops prior to going to the race drop-off?

The Charter buses will pick up near the Outpost, right in front of the building that is like the "lobby."
I've stayed in a cabin at the fort for races, but always request a cabin in loop 2800, and it is a quick walk. I always see lots of other runners walking, and feel perfectly safe. I'm not sure if the internal buses are running at that time.

Stay at ft Wilderness for quite a few run Disney events. They should have the fort buses running to take you to the front to get on run Disney bus. Personally for the 10k I would drive to the race if you have a car. During marathon weekend I drive to the race for the 10k but take the run Disney bus to half or full start. We do however drive to the front and park the car there. That is because after the race I don’t want to wait on the inner loop bus. Much easier to drive back to the site, again my personal preference and recommend it if you have a car.

Stay at ft Wilderness for quite a few run Disney events. They should have the fort buses running to take you to the front to get on run Disney bus. Personally for the 10k I would drive to the race if you have a car. During marathon weekend I drive to the race for the 10k but take the run Disney bus to half or full start. We do however drive to the front and park the car there. That is because after the race I don’t want to wait on the inner loop bus. Much easier to drive back to the site, again my personal preference and recommend it if you have a car.
Unfortunately, no car, no golf cart. Does the RunDisney charter bus go only to Ft. Wilderness or is that shared with other resorts? In other words, is this a long ride the MK parking lot (>20 min?) for the start of the race?

usually the rundisney bus goes from Ft Wilderness directly to race. in the morning it has no shared in the past. The return it does share. The return is usually Ft Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, and Contemporary. On Marathon weekend Ft Wilderness is usually first but for Star wars it might be Contemporary. WL is always in the middle. You can check at the front on the inner loop buses running. They are for Marathon Weekend. I would expect them to be for Star Wars as well. I would say if you are in a cabin loop close to the front i would walk.

usually the rundisney bus goes from Ft Wilderness directly to race. in the morning it has no shared in the past. The return it does share. The return is usually Ft Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, and Contemporary. On Marathon weekend Ft Wilderness is usually first but for Star wars it might be Contemporary. WL is always in the middle. You can check at the front on the inner loop buses running. They are for Marathon Weekend. I would expect them to be for Star Wars as well. I would say if you are in a cabin loop close to the front i would walk.
Thanks. It helps to know what I'm getting into for my first race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter